Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 237

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum Coming Live On Francesa This Afternoon

  1. #181
    ^ It's his MO, WCO.


    When the Jets are going Great, he's going to find things to bash them about knowing that he annoys us.

    When the Jets are not going Great, he's going to find things that we all agree on(like Tanny being a incompetent boob).

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    B/c avoiding him would be seen as a cowardice move. Francessa is like the majority of Jets fans, no matter what you say, do or how many times you state something he doesn't care. If it's not what he thinks then he believes you're wrong or lying. That's why he's a douche just like the majority of Jets fans. People always ask me about being a Jets fan and the first thing I say is, "I hate the majority of Jets fans". It's the Gods honest truth, most Jets fans are intolerable and this is coming from a person who has been a fan for 20 years.
    No it would not. I equate it to going to a restaurant knowing your going to get a bad meal because it is a popular restaurant to be seen at. Not going on the most popular show on the radio to show that he can not use his popularity as a bully pulpit would show much more courage. it came off as I am doing my part, I work hard, don't blame me, see i am a stand up guy.

  3. #183
    For any Jet fan that goes back this far, Tannenbaum in this interview is reminiscent of Steve Gutman circa 1995. Just a vapid, empty suit and an embarrassment to the franchise. The Jets are going nowhere as long as this amateur is making decisions.

  4. #184
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ It's his MO, WCO.


    When the Jets are going Great, he's going to find things to bash them about knowing that he annoys us.

    When the Jets are not going Great, he's going to find things that we all agree on(like Tanny being a incompetent boob).
    Didn't hear it but it sounds like Mike did what Jet fans hoped he'd accomplish - abusing Tanny and sticking 3-6 up his nose.

    I can't wait to see the you tube (?)

    LOL at "They never used Brad Smith!" A plaintive cry from Jets fans.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Didn't hear it but it sounds like Mike did what Jet fans hoped he'd accomplish - abusing Tanny and sticking 3-6 up his nose.

    I can't wait to see the you tube (?)

    LOL at "They never used Brad Smith!" A plaintive cry from Jets fans.


    You can't listen to it here?


    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on...e-francesa-1/#

  6. #186
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Why is it hard for you to understand all people do not have the hatred for this team that you do.

    I realize this team sucks this year, and this is because our QB has regressed. It's pretty damn simple, try to grasp it
    In a more perfect world, the no-life, emotionally disturbed posters constantly clamoring for this person or that to be fired, cut, etc. 10-100x a day for weeks on end would be hustled off to the psychiatric institutions they clearly belong in.

    You'd think this was the Yankees of old and they were Steingrabber hisself able to hire/fire folks at will.

    If these pukes "love" the Jets I'd like to see some haters!

  7. #187
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

    If these pukes "love" the Jets I'd like to see some haters!
    Exactly...well said

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    In a more perfect world, the no-life, emotionally disturbed posters constantly clamoring for this person or that to be fired, cut, etc. 10-100x a day for weeks on end would be hustled off to the psychiatric institutions they clearly belong in.

    You'd think this was the Yankees of old and they were Steingrabber hisself able to hire/fire folks at will.

    If these pukes "love" the Jets I'd like to see some haters!
    JSJ, with all due respect, everyone here is pissed off royally because of what's happening.

    Emotions are running high right now....


    We did not expect THIS whole sh-t sandwich to occur this year *but* it did and now we're voicing our frustrations about it.


    The main issue also is that it's now 44(was it?) years since '69 and it's going to be 45 now.......maybe 46 next year as well.....

    I'm just not confident that the Jets Franchise will even be in a Superbowl, let alone Win one during our lifetimes and that's a very depressing thought.

  9. #189
    There is not one single thing he could have said to make you guys go easy on him.

    WTF were you EXPECTING from him?

  10. #190
    ^ "I like to hunt deer for kicks"?

  11. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No it would not. I equate it to going to a restaurant knowing your going to get a bad meal because it is a popular restaurant to be seen at. Not going on the most popular show on the radio to show that he can not use his popularity as a bully pulpit would show much more courage. it came off as I am doing my part, I work hard, don't blame me, see i am a stand up guy.
    No, that's not how it works in NY and with Francessa. If the Jets would have ducked him he would of been 100X worse on the franchise. He would have called them gutless and cowards for the next 7 weeks. I'd rather be called a "loser" then be called a "coward". At least Mike T had the balls to go into the fire and take the abuse. Most people would do what you just said to do, tuck their tails between their legs and hide.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    No, that's not how it works in NY and with Francessa. If the Jets would have ducked him he would of been 100X worse on the franchise. He would have called them gutless and cowards for the next 7 weeks. I'd rather be called a "loser" then be called a "coward". At least Mike T had the balls to go into the fire and take the abuse. Most people would do what you just said to do, tuck their tails between their legs and hide.
    To me it is just feeding the monster.

  13. #193
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,365
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    To me it is just feeding the monster.

    Did Larry Lucchino and Ben Cherington give interviews last season for the Sawx?

    Yup, had to suck it up, and deal with the media scrutiny

  14. #194
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ "I like to hunt deer for kicks"?
    I like to hunt deer for the meat, ever have fresh tenderloin? Beats any store bought crap your gonna get

  15. #195
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Did Larry Lucchino and Ben Cherington give interviews last season for the Sawx?

    Yup, had to suck it up, and deal with the media scrutiny
    But their coach won 2 championships and didn't make a mockery of the organization.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    For any Jet fan that goes back this far, Tannenbaum in this interview is reminiscent of Steve Gutman circa 1995. Just a vapid, empty suit and an embarrassment to the franchise. The Jets are going nowhere as long as this amateur is making decisions.
    Tanny may be the favorite whipping boy, but he is in no way even close to gutless Gutman.

  17. #197
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    For any Jet fan that goes back this far, Tannenbaum in this interview is reminiscent of Steve Gutman circa 1995. Just a vapid, empty suit and an embarrassment to the franchise. The Jets are going nowhere as long as this amateur is making decisions.
    +1

    Tannenbaum sounded horrible, even though we all knew he was protecting his players not going to say much the way he said it in the way he handled himself was awful.

    And for the record, Mike Francesa has been very fair to the Jets all season-long hasn't really joined the pile-on even when the news broke earlier this week about "secret sources" he was rather calm.

    SAR I

  18. #198
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,365
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    But their coach won 2 championships and didn't make a mockery of the organization.
    Bobby Valentine?

  19. #199
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    JSJ, with all due respect, everyone here is pissed off royally because of what's happening.

    Emotions are running high right now....


    We did not expect THIS whole sh-t sandwich to occur this year *but* it did and now we're voicing our frustrations about it.


    The main issue also is that it's now 44(was it?) years since '69 and it's going to be 45 now.......maybe 46 next year as well.....

    I'm just not confident that the Jets Franchise will even be in a Superbowl, let alone Win one during our lifetimes and that's a very depressing thought.

    Believe it or not I know the feeling EXACTLY

    I'm a NY Rangers fan who was much too young to have seen the 1940 win and more upset with each passing Cupless year until the longed for win finally happened, wondering if I will ever see it

    and

    a Jets fan just old enough to have seen the SB win and not unhinged
    by the ensuing years. That win still is S-WEET!

    Of course the close calls still sting too. Seeing the Giants and Pats win again lately at the expense of NYJ sucks, a lot, and amps up the craziness we see now.

    However I'd like to see more perspective and less psychosis though-some demand "accountability" from people involved with a sport, entertainment we voluntarily pay for more than we demand the same from government or business we have no choice but to deal with.

    You can't change the past or Woody's wealth. Shea is long gone, Willets Point will probably never, ever be, and WSS will not be in the near future. The Jets who didn't get it done, nobly or otherwise, before are gone and many of the ones who don't this year will probably be too, but not today, 11/16, on your say-so, no matter how vociferous or annoyingly repetitive. Cutting an ineffective Maybin is as far as it goes for now, this is not baseball where there's no cap and Steinbrenner can hire/fire/cut players at will.

    The season still has a few live embers I hope spark, but it will likely end as badly as you hope and save the owner, all the heads you want to roll will probably roll. Johnson's MO has not been to fire coaches/mgt mid/late season so don't expect anyone axed tomorrow. But what if Revis gets dealt or Tebow stays or Sanchez stays or Ryan stays, or vice versa, does this require an unending litany of lamentation throughout 2013 too?

    The malignant tone of much of this dopey thread really makes me question other's fandom, big time. Francesa is a spiteful tool who should mean less than nothing to a Jets fan. Yet, the masturbatory frisson of schadenfreude and delight some have in hearing him make Tannenbaum squirm is now the latest craze. Sorry, I don't get how that makes anyone a good Jets fan or anything besides a sadist, perhaps someone could explain it to me. Don't repeat it 1000x as usual though, once is enough for me!

    if the Jets were a woman some of youse would have restraining orders, just sayin'

  20. #200
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Tanny may be the favorite whipping boy, but he is in no way even close to gutless Gutman.
    And yet Gutman had it completely right about Belichick, go figure

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us