Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum Coming Live On Francesa This Afternoon

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I think it even goes beyond that. He never really has a plan on how to build the team. He makes his moves in a reactionary way. None of the good GM's do this. They always have an eye toward continuing to build their entire roster.

IMO, a GM needs to find well above average to elite players for 3 positions, and then do a good job of accumulating talent everywhere else on the roster so competition brings the cream to the top. Tanny has done a terrible job finding elite players anywhere except for Revis, but a shutdown corner is not one of the 3 necessary positions. It's QB (obviously), WR (his presence opens up both the passing and running game), DL or LB (who can not be blocked by one player changing the entire dynamic of the D).

Tanny's efforts for these 3 key positions has given us Sanchez, Gholston, and Holmes. I call that a big time FAIL.
    His philosophy has always been screwed up. He believes in "quality over quantity" with the draft. From 2007-2010, we only had 17 draft picks. Tanny fails to realize that you still build your team through the draft, and then you sign a couple of FAs to complete the puzzle. He does the opposite, he uses FAs to build his team, then the few draft picks he has to complete the puzzle.

Plus, our undrafted FAs and practice squad is a constant revolving door. The Jets never really develop young players this way. If we were living in Greg Buttle's world and really did have Victor Cruz, we would have cut him anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    His philosophy has always been screwed up. He believes in "quality over quantity" with the draft. From 2007-2010, we only had 17 draft picks. Tanny fails to realize that you still build your team through the draft, and then you sign a couple of FAs to complete the puzzle. He does the opposite, he uses FAs to build his team, then the few draft picks he has to complete the puzzle.

Plus, our undrafted FAs and practice squad is a constant revolving door. The Jets never really develop young players this way. If we were living in Greg Buttle's world and really did have Victor Cruz, we would have cut him anyway.
    I always think it's hilarious how the Jets supposedly can't find Safeties, but as soon as they get rid of a safety he goes on to start for another team: Atari Bigby, Erik Coleman, Abe Elam, Kerry Rhoads, James Ihedibo,... Not saying these guys are stars, but how could Tanny let the S position go to pot when they had so many good players on the team at one time or another.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always think it's hilarious how the Jets supposedly can't find Safeties, but as soon as they get rid of a safety he goes on to start for another team: Atari Bigby, Erik Coleman, Abe Elam, Kerry Rhoads, James Ihedibo,... Not saying these guys are stars, but how could Tanny let the S position go to pot when they had so many good players on the team at one time or another.
    Yup, very true about the safeties. I think the organization either gives up on young players too quickly, or they hang onto veterans too long. There's no in-between.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets lack in the talent scouting position if that includes tanny then so be it. we draft like a team without a clue. look around the league players drafted after most of our selections paying dividends.

this team shows up on game day unprepared week after week that on the coaches and the players who allow it to happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Dude, you can spin it with the best of them

Just go with the Panthers....you hate the Jets
    Kool aid. 25 cents a glass.......

this ain't your kids tee ball, we keep score.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    I like the fact that just about EVERYONE in the media is pounding on the Jets FO, coaching staff, players and owner.

Ratchet up the heat and get some football people in here to run this operation. This Jets regime is done.
    Notice the one or two buffoons that still defend this front office.

This team is a MESS.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

This team is a MESS.
    Yes it makes me sad. I've been following this team for over 40 years and I'm tired of the ineptitude. .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This team is a MESS.
    Agreed. At least we no longer see those annoying "trust in Rex" or "trust in Tannenbaum" posts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was on board to at least giving Tanny a pass thinking that it was 100% Woody behind all this mess. After yesterday's interview with Mike Francessa I am done with Tannenabaum as well.

I admit I was wrong in defending Tannenbaum in any previous thread and post

Please accept my apology, I now want everyone replaced, in this order, WOODY (PLEASE SELL THE JETS), Rex, and Tanny

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes... But it is par for the course for Tanny. He never thinks anything through. He takes action for the sake of action disregarding the management golden rule of only taking action if it helps you accomplish something real. Tanny is The Man without a Plan who wanders through life reacting to situations as they occur.
    Why can't people see this

The Jets Don't have a PLAN!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    His moves are suspect. Objectively, his drafts and free agent pickups bring laughter

Quinton Coples would have gone 30-40, nobody wanted him, he was sliding

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Sanchez extension might be the worst move in sports history outside of Eddy Curry's contract

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Dude, you can spin it with the best of them

Just go with the Panthers....you hate the Jets
    +1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Francessa is a dick. Being tough, and ask gutting questions is easy. GMs don't go out and cut their team's and their own balls off! Tanny has made a bunch of terrible mistakes lately, but nobody satisfies those tough (but easy) questions to ask. He's not going to go all our and give extreme criticism of the team. That just doesn't happen during the season.

Tanny "we're 3-6" over and over. Meaning we're a losing football team and all decisions have led up to this, but he has to come back and say we need to win this weekend to be 4-6.

Francesa says Sanchez is 1-8. That is a nonsensical thing to say. More mean spirited than anything else.

Do you really expect Tanny to say "Yes we're terrible, and we have absolutely no chance of turning this around."

The only astute question, realistic question Fatcessa asked was "Do you think it has hurt Sanchez to keep taking him out, and putting in Tebow? No other team in the league pulls out their QB like that".

I actually gotta give Tanny credit for going on and letting Francessa rip him for 20 minutes without a hope of coming out looking like anything else but a stupid punching bag.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Francessa is a dick. Being tough, and ask gutting questions is easy. GMs don't go out and cut their team's and their own balls off! Tanny has made a bunch of terrible mistakes lately, but nobody satisfies those tough (but easy) questions to ask. He's not going to go all our and give extreme criticism of the team. That just doesn't happen during the season.

Tanny "we're 3-6" over and over. Meaning we're a losing football team and all decisions have led up to this, but he has to come back and say we need to win this weekend to be 4-6.

Francesa says Sanchez is 1-8. That is a nonsensical thing to say. More mean spirited than anything else.

Do you really expect Tanny to say "Yes we're terrible, and we have absolutely no chance of turning this around."

The only astute question, realistic question Fatcessa asked was "Do you think it has hurt Sanchez to keep taking him out, and putting in Tebow? No other team in the league pulls out their QB like that".

I actually gotta give Tanny credit for going on and letting Francessa rip him for 20 minutes without a hope of coming out looking like anything else but a stupid punching bag.

so francessa is a dick and joe namath doesnt know what hes talking about yet the jets are 3-6 and all is good?

tanny is dumber than we all thought he was for doing that interview in the first place.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    +1
    Hey Now...I have MOD power....you wanna be banned.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Now...I have MOD power....you wanna be banned.