Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum Coming Live On Francesa This Afternoon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see some of you guys resurfacing.

Happy Thanksgiving.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I was just on with Mike telling him how Tanny is full of **** in that they got Tebow to replace Brad Smith. Me: They never used Brad Smith!!

This is after Rex said the wildcat was a gimmick and had run its course.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    rex wont interview with him so why did tanny?

hes a poor excuse for a gm.

most jets fans hate francessa after today i dont anymore.
    Then you never hated him before apparently b/c the only thing Francessa does is ask a question and then answer it himself and then let the other person finally say something. But if he doesn't agree with your answer he makes sure to treat you like a piece of sh*t and belittle you. He's a classless fat f*ck who has the same amount of interview skills as a mute gorilla. But his Yankees and Giants can do no wrong. And that's why he's a hack b/c he lets personal bias' get in the way of doing his job and he's always done that. Hopefully his next heart attack will come sooner then later. Was that too strong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Then you never hated him before apparently b/c the only thing Francessa does is ask a question and then answer it himself and then let the other person. But if he doesn't agree with your answer he makes sure to treat you like a piece of sh*t and belittle. He's a classless fat f*ck who has the same amount of interview skills as a mute gorilla. But his Yankees and Giants can do no wrong. And that's why he's a hack b/c he lets personal bias' get in his way of doing his job and he's always done that. Hopefully his next heart attack will come sooner then later. Was that too strong?
    Francesa is an idiot!! The only reason, he is liked by some posters in this thread is because we suck this year and he vented at the GM.

if the Jets were 9-0, he would find a way to disparage them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    He was an awful fit.

Forcing a Hall of Fame QB, on his last legs, not knowing when its time to hang em up, on a young developing HC in Mangini was a recipe for disaster
    Yeah, the year after in Minnesota was a disaster as well when he went 12-4 threw for over 4000 yards, 33 td's and only 7 picks. Man, he was terrible and on his last legs. There is a lot of very smart people on this board. Can you smell the sarcasm?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    If he did, Mangini is gonna sue him for copyright infringement.
    I LOL cuz I thought exactly the same damn thing! "It's all about the process"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This is after Rex said the wildcat was a gimmick and had run its course.
    Rex Ryan didn't bring Tebow here. Why can't some of you get that through your head? It's not that hard to come to that conclusion. What did you want Rex to say after the trade for Tebow. "I don't know why they brought him here, the wildcat sucks". Is that what he was supposed to say? Jesus, people on here are so dumb it's unbelievable. And you sir obviously have no life. Please try to find one. You should be less worried about the Jets and more worried about Andrew Luck putting up 400 yards and 4 tds against your horrid defense. You guys have your own problems. Coming here just show how terrible life must be for you that you have to come here to talk sh*t to make yourself feel better. I feel sorry for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you sir obviously have no life. Please try to find one. You should be less worried about the Jets and more worried about Andrew Luck putting up 400 yards and 4 tds against your horrid defense. You guys have your own problems. Coming here just show how terrible life must be for you that you have to come here to talk sh*t to make yourself feel better. I feel sorry for you.
    Well Said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan didn't bring Tebow here. Why can't some of you get that through your head? It's not that hard to come to that conclusion. What did you want Rex to say after the trade for Tebow. "I don't know why they brought him here, the wildcat sucks". Is that what he was supposed to say? Jesus, people on here are so dumb it's unbelievable. And you sir obviously have no life. Please try to find one. You should be less worried about the Jets and more worried about Andrew Luck putting up 400 yards and 4 tds against your horrid defense. You guys have your own problems. Coming here just show how terrible life must be for you that you have to come here to talk sh*t to make yourself feel better. I feel sorry for you.
    I know that Tebow was Woody's brain child. Tanny is not an evaluator and Like i said, Rex thought the wildcat was passe. But there was no need to pronounce that he was destined to get in on 20% percent of the plays either.

I don't care if luck puts up 400 yds as long as the pats win. I am not worried about the jets, the pats or any football team. It is some of the posters here that act as if you talked about their mother or wife when you state an observation about the football team that they follow that need a life check.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know that Tebow was Woody's brain child. Tanny is not an evaluator and Like i said, Rex thought the wildcat was passe. But there was no need to pronounce that he was destined to get in on 20% percent of the plays either.

I don't care if luck puts up 400 yds as long as the pats win. I am not worried about the jets, the pats or any football team. It is some of the posters here that act as if you talked about their mother or wife when you state an observation about the football team that they follow that need a life check.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-7pgeD__qU

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't pronounce that Tebow would get in 20% of the plays. What he said was that he could play 1 play or 20 plays. So the media ran with this idea that Rex promised that Tebow would play 20 plays and it was complete horse sh*t. And I still feel sorry for you.
    "They", that's a very important word you just wrote there. This is not the team "you" root for, that's why "you" should hit the GD road.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then you never hated him before apparently b/c the only thing Francessa does is ask a question and then answer it himself and then let the other person finally say something. But if he doesn't agree with your answer he makes sure to treat you like a piece of sh*t and belittle you. He's a classless fat f*ck who has the same amount of interview skills as a mute gorilla. But his Yankees and Giants can do no wrong. And that's why he's a hack b/c he lets personal bias' get in the way of doing his job and he's always done that. Hopefully his next heart attack will come sooner then later. Was that too strong?
    So the question is why the hell does Tanny go on? Does it do the brand any good? No. The first rule of the Hippocratic oath is "first do no harm"
    If he had a clue he would go another more friendly to the jets show or at least with a host that gives an appearance of impartiality. He is not Walter Cronkite with a responsibility to be fair and balanced so I don't understand why jet fans get so upset with Franseca, he does not purport to be a jet fan and then lambast the team. I can understand why some fans act that way towards Benengo who says he loves the jets, but seems to love bashing them more than anything.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    It's more like this when it comes to Pats fans:

http://youtu.be/bKHFUjNw70A

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't pronounce that Tebow would get in 20% of the plays. What he said was that he could play 1 play or 20 plays. So the media ran with this idea that Rex promised that Tebow would play 20 plays and it was complete horse sh*t. And I still feel sorry for you.

"They", that's a very important word you just wrote there. This is not the team "you" root for, that's why "you" should hit the GD road.
    No thank you. you don't have to respond to my posts. And Rex said he could envision Tebow playing 20% of the plays not 1-20 plays. .
    Last edited by patman; 11-16-2012 at 06:50 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have been awful this year. No defense of that and I think it may be time to clean house. But what do you guys want T to say? Some of you are acting like we are the only team to ever start off a season 3-6.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the question is why the hell does Tanny go on? Does it do the brand any good? No. The first rule of the Hippocratic oath is "first do no harm"
    If he had a clue he would go another more friendly to the jets show or at least with a host that gives an appearance of impartiality. He is not Walter Cronkite with a responsibility to be fair and balanced so I don't understand why jet fans get so upset with Franseca, he does not purport to be a jet fan and then lambast the team. I can understand why some fans act that way towards Benengo who says he loves the jets, but seems to love bashing them more than anything.
    B/c avoiding him would be seen as a cowardice move. Francessa is like the majority of Jets fans, no matter what you say, do or how many times you state something he doesn't care. If it's not what he thinks then he believes you're wrong or lying. That's why he's a douche just like the majority of Jets fans. People always ask me about being a Jets fan and the first thing I say is, "I hate the majority of Jets fans". It's the Gods honest truth, most Jets fans are intolerable and this is coming from a person who has been a fan for 20 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am surprised he went at him like this, I dont think Tanny was expecting this today.
    Going back to this, I think Fatcessa pulled a fast one on Tanny who probably thought "Ho hum...I'm just going to get softball questions and I'll answer them with the usual canned responses as usual and then get on with my day" because of the Parcells connection.

I think Fatcessa remembered : "Tanny is NOT Parcells".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    What could he say today, to make you a happy Jets fan?

"I am announcing that Woody Johnson is selling the Jets to buy a CFL team, and he is taking me with him to be GM."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But what specifically did you want him to say?
    FOrget it; it's bloodlust. 3-6 has the fans upset; so they cheer the guy taking the abuse.

That's why Tanny won't give fuel to the fire; he knows he has to show up for his whuppin'. All he has to do is make it to Sunday...assuming they win.

Francessa sounds like he knows what a PO'd Jet Fan wants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Tannenbaum is the tapioca pudding of GM's.

The #1 sports voice in town just destroyed him; Tanny understands 3-6 = running the gauntlet; taking one fro the team