Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 237

Thread: Mike Tannenbaum Coming Live On Francesa This Afternoon

  1. #141
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,958
    Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread...but did anyone hear (around 230'ish) the guy balls Mike out for being a nasty dooshbarg to callers since DOg left, then finish it off with "whatsamatta, you skip a meal today you fat slob?"



    -

  2. #142
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    He was an awful fit.

    Forcing a Hall of Fame QB, on his last legs, not knowing when its time to hang em up, on a young developing HC in Mangini was a recipe for disaster
    Forcing a QB like Favre on Mangini was our only course of action...Penny wasn't getting anything done...and Clemens wasn't the answer

    So the team went for it...don't blame them for that

  3. #143
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,373
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread...but did anyone hear (around 230'ish) the guy balls Mike out for being a nasty dooshbarg to callers since DOg left, then finish it off with "whatsamatta, you skip a meal today you fat slob?"



    -
    Tanny or Fatty...that description fits both of them.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Same coach as Rex...not any better

    Very much a pom pom guy...sort of like Rex

    And yes, having Gore, and Davis helps the cause


    If my son played for Rex on the jv high school level and conducted himself the way he does I'd want him fired.

    Rex is an embarassment, a baffoon, lets the inmates run the asylum, terrible evaluator of talent and makes poor game descions.

    Am I missing something?

  5. #145
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,958
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Tanny or Fatty...that description fits both of them.
    Fatty. He played it off like the fat slob part wasnt said.... and went off for 20 minutes about he's not nasty and that callers get their feelings hurt to easily.

    YOu know his call screeners prolly had a stroke knowing they would hear it during the break.

    -

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Same coach as Rex...not any better

    Very much a pom pom guy...sort of like Rex

    And yes, having Gore, and Davis helps the cause
    I hate Harbaugh, especially as a player. That said, without question, he has complete control over his team.

    Rex still performs, and is viewed by most involved/watching the NFL, as a defensive coordinator not a HC. IMO, that makes Harbaugh a better coach than Rex.

  7. #147
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    He was an awful fit.

    Forcing a Hall of Fame QB, on his last legs, not knowing when its time to hang em up, on a young developing HC in Mangini was a recipe for disaster
    Thought we had something after beating NE and Tenn that year... of course the end result was the same as usual, a failure....

  8. #148
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,932
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Perfect world....wish he would have said exactly that
    See Jon, the thing is, if a derp derp schmuck like me can come up with those words in 40 seconds of between-work-web-posting.....I would sure hope a Professional NFL GM could as well with days to think about nothing but this.

    I will never understand the non-speak of coaches and front office and players. You CAN be passionate and speak your mind WITHOUT the proverbial "throing your teammates under the bus" as a player or aoach, and you can absolutely do so, more aggressively, as a GM.

    Yet so few GM's do. Ours is simply one of the worst at no-speak.

  9. #149
    mike tannenbaum is an embarrasment to the nyjets organization.

    he is a clueless idiot and after todays interview he has confirmed just that.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Mr T isn't stooooopid

    He knows the Jets stink...he's just not going to call anyone out
    Here is the problem. Both he and Rex only realize what parts of the team stink TWO YEARS after us the dumb ass fans. Rex and Tanny are like SG3, Ray ray, etc etc. Totally deluded about the ability of some parts of the team.

    It took them two full years of suck hard play by our safeties before they clued into the fact we had to upgrade. We have had 2 to 3 years of suck hard from our OLb's and they still haven't realized it is a problem. It took them a full year or more to realize that we badly needed a deep threat WR. Only now they may have realized that our QB stinks.

    These guys don't figure out we stink until it is too late to do anything about it. If Tanny wants to extend his career as a football guy, GM what have you he has to quickly grow a pair of nuts and take control of the team. Tell REx to stfu on any personnel decisions and start building the team the way HE wants, not through the delusions of our coach.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Here is the problem. Both he and Rex only realize what parts of the team stink TWO YEARS after us the dumb ass fans. Rex and Tanny are like SG3, Ray ray, etc etc. Totally deluded about the ability of some parts of the team.

    It took them two full years of suck hard play by our safeties before they clued into the fact we had to upgrade. We have had 2 to 3 years of suck hard from our OLb's and they still haven't realized it is a problem. It took them a full year or more to realize that we badly needed a deep threat WR. Only now they may have realized that our QB stinks.

    These guys don't figure out we stink until it is too late to do anything about it. If Tanny wants to extend his career as a football guy, GM what have you he has to quickly grow a pair of nuts and take control of the team. Tell REx to stfu on any personnel decisions and start building the team the way HE wants, not through the delusions of our coach.
    agree on all aspects.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    He was an awful fit.

    Forcing a Hall of Fame QB, on his last legs, not knowing when its time to hang em up, on a young developing HC in Mangini was a recipe for disaster
    BULL. We were 8-3 with Favre and had just destroyed Tennessee, the team that was undefeated and everyone loved. Favre got hurt and Mangini and Sutton went totally passive on defense. That team could have easily made some serious noise and the team was good enough to do something. Favre played great for Minny as well the next year (other than of course his brain dead mistakes.)

    The bad part was the next year drafting a rookie QB and putting him on a team that was ready to contend for it all.

  13. #153
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    mike tannenbaum is an embarrasment to the nyjets organization.

    he is a clueless idiot and after todays interview he has confirmed just that.
    Tannenbaum is a Lawyer

    God, he made Jay Cross sound good.

  14. #154
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    See Jon, the thing is, if a derp derp schmuck like me can come up with those words in 40 seconds of between-work-web-posting.....I would sure hope a Professional NFL GM could as well with days to think about nothing but this.

    I will never understand the non-speak of coaches and front office and players. You CAN be passionate and speak your mind WITHOUT the proverbial "throing your teammates under the bus" as a player or aoach, and you can absolutely do so, more aggressively, as a GM.

    Yet so few GM's do. Ours is simply one of the worst at no-speak.
    Rarely, if ever have I heard a GM of any team come to the podium and go off like that

    Pride, I guess...but it sure would be great it Tanny or anyone would

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Bwa-hahahahahaha Doesn't matter what he says, you guys will bash him....lol
    Exactly

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    What could he say today, to make you a happy Jets fan?
    Something like this,

    The play on the field is totally unacceptable to the ownership. Ownership has done what was asked by the football staff to field the best team possible. The results are not acceptable to both the ownership and myself and improvement must be made in the future. Ownership, the front office and the coaching staff will meet at the conclusion of this season to resolve the performance of the team and to be assured the team is heading in the direction that ownership demands.

    Tanny has to reiterate Woody's statement that 3-6 is unacceptable and that
    sub par play on the field will not be acceptable and no passes are given or should be expected. Once he takes the argument away from Mike, Mike can't use it to bash him. Be honest and straight or don't go on.

  17. #157
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,486
    I was just on with Mike telling him how Tanny is full of **** in that they got Tebow to replace Brad Smith. Me: They never used Brad Smith!!


  18. #158
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Exactly
    hear ye. Hear ye. Hear ye....The Friday meeting of the Kool aid club is called to order.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Either do I

    Keep that bag over your face in your Avi...you're a hater, not a Jets fan
    I don't understand how you can not be upset with Tannenbaun. Fans love the
    team, not just individual players, coaches or staff. 10 years from now we will still love the team after those players and staff are no longer there. If players or staff don't do the quality job that you think is required for the team that you "love" they should be criticized. This group are just caretakers of the brand that fans love. they are not the brand.

    You can think Bush or Obama is a bum but still love the country.
    Last edited by patman; 11-16-2012 at 05:59 PM.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Why is it hard for you to understand all people do not have the hatred for this team that you do.

    I realize this team sucks this year, and this is because our QB has regressed. It's pretty damn simple, try to grasp it
    +1

    Francesa is an a$$hole. He wouldn't give the Jets an ounce of credit in '09 & '10 when they had success.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us