Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Mystery Team tried to acquire the #1 pick from indy in the 2012 draft

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,082

    Mystery Team tried to acquire the #1 pick from indy in the 2012 draft

    Here is an article from Schefty:
    "In the weeks leading up to the 2012 draft, one team called Indianapolis and actually told it to name its price, to come up with a package it wanted in return for the No. 1 pick. That team was willing to ship off all its picks, plus players, for the chance to draft Luck. It would surrender one of the richest, if not the richest, packages in NFL history. But Indianapolis never even responded with a proposal. It wanted Luck."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...hefter-10-spot

    This had to be us. And it would have been great if we pulled it off.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,416
    Miami

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,185
    Why do you think this? We are stuck with Sanchez. Tanny never considered Luck.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    609
    This thread title isn't misleading at all

  6. #6
    shoulda coulda woulda. tanny isnt smart enough to pull off a deal to land a real franchise qb.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    shoulda coulda woulda. tanny isnt smart enough to pull off a deal to land a real franchise qb.
    The Jets would have taken Trent Richardson with the first pick probably.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,853
    dump

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets would have taken Trent Richardson with the first pick probably.
    NO.....we would have drafted from an FCS school.

  10. #10
    Didn't know Manish posted here.

    Dump, ban, kill.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,475
    Redskins

  12. #12
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,091
    lol, everybody wants to pile-on Joe W.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Here is an article from Schefty:
    "In the weeks leading up to the 2012 draft, one team called Indianapolis and actually told it to name its price, to come up with a package it wanted in return for the No. 1 pick. That team was willing to ship off all its picks, plus players, for the chance to draft Luck. It would surrender one of the richest, if not the richest, packages in NFL history. But Indianapolis never even responded with a proposal. It wanted Luck."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...hefter-10-spot

    This had to be us. And it would have been great if we pulled it off.
    Do you think Luck would have fared any better than Sanchez with this team. If we traded away our entire draft, we would be cellar dweller for years to come.

    Trading away draft picks is what got us in the position we're in.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 11-16-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Got rid of extra word.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Do you think Luck would have fared any better than Sanchez with this team. If we traded away our entire draft, we would be cellar dweller for years to come.

    Trading away draft picks is what got us in the position we're in.
    Dude...

    I would've done that trade in a heartbeat. Luck is the real deal and a QB like that is worth it.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,678
    Who brought this moron?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    lol, everybody wants to pile-on Joe W.
    He da worst, breh.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    put the crack pipe down

  18. #18
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    This thread title isn't misleading at all
    !
    yeah really, dump this $h*t....
    Suckers title and we da suckers!!

  19. #19
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,091
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He da worst, breh.
    Far from it; he's a "Zig While They're Zagging" type of guy; been here a long time.

    Anyway, spruced up the title and now it will die a slow death.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,886
    I don't think it was the Jets....they still believed in Sanchez.....and if they didn't I would think they go more the veteran route this time since they just traded up for a QB a couple years ago.

    My guess it is was one of:

    Dallas
    Kansas City
    Buffalo
    Arizona
    Washington prior to STL trade


    Oakland I would of said for sure if they didn't heavily invest in Palmer.
    I can't see Miami offering that many picks, they seem fairly conservative with their new HC and Ireland isn't that smart.


    Sent from my LG-P999

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us