Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: enough

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    It's long-time Jets fans like you, and a handful of others, that deserve to see the Jets win a championship.

I hope you get to experience that.
    How touching.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What the Jets are doing wrong is hiring the wrong head coaches. Over and over again, it's always a rookie, it's always someone who wants to build the defense, doesn't care as much about the offense. Every rookie, every single one, goes onto become nothing in the NFL. Good luck, Pete.

What the Jets did wrong was not try hard enough to draft a legitimate franchise quarterback prospect, kept holding onto the wrong old guys for far too long. Testaverde, Pennington, Clemens, Favre, wrong guys, wrong timing, devastating injury, never traded up to get a true franchise guy. I still hope we've found him. Jury's out.

What's truly heartbreaking is that we had more than a decade to get through just once, never could do it. While we were averaging 9.5 wins a year with a healthy QB in the last 15 years, the Bills had 3 winning seasons, the Dolphins 6. That window we had was open for a very long time. Now that it's closed, we see how badly we blew it.

The loss in Pittsburgh is the worst defeat in Jets history. Years from now we'll look back in horror, wonder why a team that had gone that far the year before and had just defeated the Patriots soundly got off the bus and didn't play hard. It's criminal.

SAR I
    I will have a sour taste in my mouth forever about that game. How the F--K do we show up so unprepared and unmotivated?

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    43 years, soon to be 44 since a championship.

A ton of cash dedicated to a cause that brings little joy and much anger.

Decades of buying into whatever the flavor of the month is selling.

Blind support for various strategies, plans, beliefs, and processes.

Does this sound like you? It probably does if you are anywhere over 60, wait, 50, errrr, 40, hold on, 30...umm, 20 years old. To be a fan of the NY Jets is something that is very difficult to explain. The only bright side of this season is the fact that younger fans should be somewhat understanding of what fans from the 60's have been choking on for 40 someodd years.

Jets fans don't bail on the team, they sign on for misery from a young age. Unfortunately the team's newish owner sees that, realizes that and cashes in on it. The BS from yesterday that it's not about selling PSL's is beyond laughable. There was no need for a new stadium, that was an absolute cash grab from the Jets & Giants ownership. I'm done on this subject now.

Tebow, and the continuing circus that surrounds him...what an incredibly classy kid, holding a ridiculous NY media at bay through an absurd set of circumstances this week. Sanchez, a talented player put in a no win situation that on a team that has done nothing to improve his chances of living up to expectations in the last two years. Tannenbaum, the free pass is over, strip mining the team's drafts for minimally contributive players. Season upon season of playing musical chairs with the 50 -53 roster spots. Letting the team enter seasons without any depth whatsoever, an injury away from disaster. Rex, a coach I have been very fond of, habitually defending stupidity and ineffectiveness. Overrating his players at a tremendous cost to the franchise, financially and potentially.

Where do we go? When does it end?

These Jets, players, administrators, coaches, and ownership need to look into the mirror and realize its not about talk, it's about results. Realize that every fan with a vested interest in this team has made a huge sacrifice, financially and emotionally to continue to blindly support losing. Enough!

enough.
    Awesome, Im not surprised, you are one of the best posters on the board.

BTW, I was on board to at least giving Tanny a pass thinking that it was 100% Woody behind all this mess. After yesterday's interview with Mike Francessa I am done with Tannenabaum as well.

I admit I was wrong in defending Tannenbaum in any previous thread

Please accept my apology, I now want everyone replaced, in this order, WOODY (PLEASE SELL THE JETS), Rex, and Tanny
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-17-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've been saying the same thing since January 12, 1969.

this week it dawned on me, we were all going crazy about Francesa a couple of seasons ago, saying the Colts gave a gift to the Jets by not paying Peyton, you know what? He was right.

I'm ****ing sick of 9-7, even though that seems highly unlikely this year.
    As a fan since 1966, you know I feel your frustration and angst. I'm also tired of nine wins as our "successful season" benchmark.

I've posted this before, but did you know that we've never had a season with greater than 12 wins? And we only accomplished this once since 1960 (1998). (Yes, I know the NFL didn't play 16 game seasons back then.)

Here are the stats for most wins by the Jets since 1960:

8 wins: 8 times
    9 wins: 5 times
    10 wins: 6 times
    11 wins: 3 times
    12 wins: 1 time.

Look up pathos in the dictionary and you'll see the team's logo.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Does this sound like you? It probably does if you are anywhere over 60, wait, 50, errrr, 40, hold on, 30...umm, 20 years old. To be a fan of the NY Jets is something that is very difficult to explain. The only bright side of this season is the fact that younger fans should be somewhat understanding of what fans from the 60's have been choking on for 40 someodd years.

Jets fans don't bail on the team, they sign on for misery from a young age. Unfortunately the team's newish owner sees that, realizes that and cashes in on it. The BS from yesterday that it's not about selling PSL's is beyond laughable. There was no need for a new stadium, that was an absolute cash grab from the Jets & Giants ownership. I'm done on this subject now.

Tebow, and the continuing circus that surrounds him...what an incredibly classy kid, holding a ridiculous NY media at bay through an absurd set of circumstances this week. Sanchez, a talented player put in a no win situation that on a team that has done nothing to improve his chances of living up to expectations in the last two years. Tannenbaum, the free pass is over, strip mining the team's drafts for minimally contributive players. Season upon season of playing musical chairs with the 50 -53 roster spots. Letting the team enter seasons without any depth whatsoever, an injury away from disaster. Rex, a coach I have been very fond of, habitually defending stupidity and ineffectiveness. Overrating his players at a tremendous cost to the franchise, financially and potentially.

These Jets, players, administrators, coaches, and ownership need to look into the mirror and realize its not about talk, it's about results. Realize that every fan with a vested interest in this team has made a huge sacrifice, financially and emotionally to continue to blindly support losing. Enough!

enough.
    Just one problem, it's a business and a business is run from the top down, or not.

Hall Of Fame

enough.
    Pretty good penmanship there old chap. I think this nails it in a single post as well or better than anything I have seen from the rest of us. You should consider a future in the moderation business. It will give you something to do while you are working on your life sentence without the possibility of parole as a fan of the NY Jets.

I feel bad for sg3, Ray and the gang The crash must have been both spectacular and hard for them. Who am I kidding? I don't feel bad for them at all.

Bewildered Beast
    It's long-time Jets fans like you, and a handful of others, that deserve to see the Jets win a championship.

I have a handful of "others"...and I'd like you to experience that.

Jets Insider VIP
    I feel bad for sg3, Ray and the gang The crash must have been both spectacular and hard for them. Who am I kidding? I don't feel bad for them at all.
    always with the namecalling of other posters and Jet fans

EM 31.... .Worse than TX

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 11-18-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Ironically, irony can be so ironic.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

GFY

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    GFY
    QFT.

I don't want to see any "sympathy" posts from a Pats Troll around here.

Even though I only started following the Jets in '97, I think I've watched this Franchise long enough to understand the Pain that the older Jets fans have been through since '69.

IT'S FRIGGIN' ANNOYING!!

Plus, the FACT that we have a clown as Owner who's a lying bast@rd(Not about PSL's? Pull the other finger, Rich-Boy!) doesn't help matters going forward.

I don't want to say this because it's not classy to wish anything bad on someone *BUT* the Jets are never going to get another owner unless Woody...damn, I can't say it. I'm not that type of person.

Suffice it to say that so long as this guy is our Owner, the Jets have ZERO future as far as the SB goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    GFY
    LOL.

Banned

Get AIDS.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    always with the namecalling of other posters and Jet fans

EM 31.... .Worse than TX

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I must be off your mythical ignore list Oh joy.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I must be off your mythical ignore list Oh joy.
    Stop it. sg3 is a mod alter-ego. (Ask yourself: Why else would his nonsense be tolerated?) Or, it could be SOOTH's brother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Stop it. sg3 is a mod alter-ego. (Ask yourself: Why else would his nonsense be tolerated?) Or, it could be SOOTH's brother-in-law.
    If it's SOOTH's brother-in-law, then shouldn't we feel bad for SOOTH?

enough.
    all true but these Jets players, administrators, coaches and ownership don't have a thing to do with 43 yrs..10-12 tops

All Pro

So now we've all had "enough". What next?

Down seasons for "our" team / up seasons for rivals are ideal exit points, I think a lot of folks here really should take full advantage of them and boogie, today, if they feel that bad.

How do you think the Devils and Islanders got all those great loyal ex-NYR fans who tired of waiting?

I think most of us are made of stronger stuff.

I think we collectively know nothing in this life is owed to anyone for any reason.

Not for me, any of you, how many years we are fans, how much anyone spends, how much time they waste lamenting here, etc.

None of us "know" how the Jets will fare from year to year, like we "knew" every year in the past.

For those who have had "enough", I respectfully ask: What's next?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I love all jets fanas; and sg3 can beseech like william wallace.