Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ode to the War Daddies: Vince Wilfork and the evolution of New England's hybrid D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Unlike the Jets, the Pats have been adding some young talent on both sides of the ball that should still be contributing after Brady has hung up the cleats. The Jets have not. Jets fans want to crow about how the Pats will be crap just like the Sullivan years, and the Jets will shine and become the elite of the division. Problem is, not every Patriot team sucked (many did I'll grant you) before BB and TB. Can the Jets say the same? Face facts, the Jets suck from top to bottom and all ways in between. Same isn't true about the Pats. Will they be as good as the Brady years? Doubtful. But doesn't mean they will be down "in the pits", to the level of the Jets either.

You say it's a terrible thing to have to go through the eventual end of Brady's HOF career. I'll take that any day over what Jets fans have had to endure since Richard Nixon was first elected president. Talk about a terrible thing to go through.
    Never said the Jets didn't suck. They clearly do. Point is that without Brady, your Pastriots ain't ****. The reason it sucks for you guys to go through Brady's retirement is that, because of your arrogant attitude and feeling of entitlement, you won't be able to accept the fact that the era of Pastriot dominance is over.

As for your talent that you guys have been stacking up, do you HONESTLY believe that Brady doesn't completely make them in every single way? Haha, Brady could make Keller and Kerley pro-bowlers. Don't kid yourself, bro. And that Defense? Yea, we see exactly what all that talent has brought you.

So sad to see Pastriot fans in such denial. Keep believing that Mallett is the future doe, lol.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Never said the Jets didn't suck. They clearly do. Point is that without Brady, your Pastriots ain't ****. The reason it sucks for you guys to go through Brady's retirement is that, because of your arrogant attitude and feeling of entitlement, you won't be able to accept the fact that the era of Pastriot dominance is over.

As for your talent that you guys have been stacking up, do you HONESTLY believe that Brady doesn't completely make them in every single way? Haha, Brady could make Keller and Kerley pro-bowlers. Don't kid yourself, bro. And that Defense? Yea, we see exactly what all that talent has brought you.

So sad to see Pastriot fans in such denial. Keep believing that Mallett is the future doe, lol.
    Mallet's not the answer. Never said he was. And don't kid YOURSELF, Keller and Kerley would suck on the Pats, too. Just like David Thomas and Brandon Tate, and many others did with Brady throwing them the ball. Sure Brady makes the players around him better, but that doesn't mean they all become JAGS without him, nor does it mean he would convert the scrubs on your team into all-pros either.

I lived through those horrible Pats teams with QB greats like Joe Kapp, Jim Plunkett, and Tony Eason so I certainly don't feel entitled to anything. But I saw Grogan get to a SB and Bledsoe , too. Sure they both got killed, but they got there. Point is, the team wasn't a total suck pre-Brady as young jets fans would like to believe. I've seen the team I root for go to 7 SBs and win 3. If I never see another I'll have no regrets. But I will always have hope that they'll get to, and win another. You, doe? (wtf that means is beyond my comprehension)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mallet's not the answer. Never said he was. And don't kid YOURSELF, Keller and Kerley would suck on the Pats, too. Just like David Thomas and Brandon Tate, and many others did with Brady throwing them the ball. Sure Brady makes the players around him better, but that doesn't mean they all become JAGS without him, nor does it mean he would convert the scrubs on your team into all-pros either.

I lived through those horrible Pats teams with QB greats like Joe Kapp, Jim Plunkett, and Tony Eason so I certainly don't feel entitled to anything. But I saw Grogan get to a SB and Bledsoe , too. Sure they both got killed, but they got there. Point is, the team wasn't a total suck pre-Brady as young jets fans would like to believe. I've seen the team I root for go to 7 SBs and win 3. If I never see another I'll have no regrets. But I will always have hope that they'll get to, and win another. You, doe? (wtf that means is beyond my comprehension)
    Not saying they would be complete JAGs, but let's not act like Brady isn't making them way better than they are. And yes, Keller and Kerley would be pro-bowlers with Brady throwing to them. Don't kid yourself, bud. Just watch how far your team sinks when Brady throws in the towel.

Also, Pre-Brady wasn't terrible for the Pasts, breh. Let's not act like Bledsoe was some chump. Was he the HoFer that Brady is? No, but he's no Cantchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not saying they would be complete JAGs, but let's not act like Brady isn't making them way better than they are. And yes, Keller and Kerley would be pro-bowlers with Brady throwing to them. Don't kid yourself, bud. Just watch how far your team sinks when Brady throws in the towel.

Also, Pre-Brady wasn't terrible for the Pasts, breh. Let's not act like Bledsoe was some chump. Was he the HoFer that Brady is? No, but he's no Cantchez.
    So if pre-Brady wasn't terrible for the Pats, (Grogan wasn't exactly Cantchezesque either, but few QBs are) And current-Brady is certainly elite. Then how can you be so sure that post-Brady will be so lousy? You can't be. You can only hope. Good luck with that. Keep saying your prayers breh, doe. THAT's not fictional. Jimmies too. With a cherry on top, Fo-shiz. WUT?!
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 11-17-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if pre-Brady wasn't terrible for the Pats, (Grogan wasn't exactly Cantchezesque either, but few QBs are) And current-Brady is certainly elite. Then how can you be so sure that post-Brady will be so lousy? You can't be. You can only hope. Good luck with that. Keep saying your prayers breh, doe. THAT's not fictional. Jimmies too. With a cherry on top, Fo-shiz. WUT?!
    Pre-Brady (referring to the Bledsoe era) wasn't trash because he was a good QB, dip****. Are you Bastonians this slow? And yes, you're going to be trash once Brady leaves. I know it's hard to accept, but that's the circle of life, honey.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Pats coaching and personnel dept has a bottom of the league defense

Tom Brady has the team at 6-3, and nothing else.

The era is coming to an end
    When is the era coming to and end? Three or 4 more years?
    I would only ask this question, on this board, to Rah Rah, whose love for the Jets is only ahead of his hatred of the Patriots.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pre-Brady (referring to the Bledsoe era) wasn't trash because he was a good QB, dip****. Are you Bastonians this slow? And yes, you're going to be trash once Brady leaves. I know it's hard to accept, but that's the circle of life, honey.

So by you're own measure, it's possible the Pats had a good QB in Bledsoe pre-Brady (How about Grogan too, or was that before you were born?) But it's impossible for the Pats to ever have a good QB post-Brady? IS that REALLY your argument, doe? And you call Bostonian's slow? LMAO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So by you're own measure, it's possible the Pats had a good QB in Bledsoe pre-Brady (How about Grogan too, or was that before you were born?) But it's impossible for the Pats to ever have a good QB post-Brady? IS that REALLY your argument, doe? And you call Bostonian's slow? LMAO.
    You really think your next QB is gonna be another Brady/Bledsoe? loooooooooooooooooooooooool, you're delusional as ****.

Meh, can't expect much out of a stupid Bastonian Bastid. MALLETT DOE! GON' BE DA FRANCHISE! LOL!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really think your next QB is gonna be another Brady/Bledsoe? loooooooooooooooooooooooool, you're delusional as ****.

Meh, can't expect much out of a stupid Bastonian Bastid. MALLETT DOE! GON' BE DA FRANCHISE! LOL!
    Don't let the pathetic troll rustle you. You're better than that, McDawg.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Don't let the pathetic troll rustle you. You're better than that, McDawg.
    My jimmies are eternal doe, Pendawg. Silly Pastriot fans pose no threat!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The joke's on you Jester, if you think Bledsoe was some unattainable elite QB that we'll never see the likes of again. Brady, yes. Old stone feet Bledsoe? You're too funny. Not every team has the ineptitude of Tanny buying the groceries y'know breh,, er jimmie, er doe, whatever.

What is it with that anyway. Some kind of new age Ebonics for the self proclaimed "cool kids club"? Sound like a clown to me, but that's fitting I guess.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    One can only hope that with 3-4 years of top-10 caliber draft picks the Jets can surpass the Patriots post-Brady. The pig will be ripe for the slaughter!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The joke's on you Jester, if you think Bledsoe was some unattainable elite QB that we'll never see the likes of again. Brady, yes. Old stone feet Bledsoe? You're too funny. Not every team has the ineptitude of Tanny buying the groceries y'know breh,, er jimmie, er doe, whatever.

What is it with that anyway. Some kind of new age Ebonics for the self proclaimed "cool kids club"? Sound like a clown to me, but that's fitting I guess.
    Where exactly did I say Bledsoe was elite? Yea, I didn't. There's no denying he was a great QB, girl.

Don't be mad just because you're the only one that doesn't accept that the Pats reign of dominance is all but over, and will be dead once Brady is gone. While Bledsoe was a great QB, NE The Powerhouse rested on Brady's shoulders. The funny thing is you think guys like Brady or even Bledsoe are just a dime-a-dozen. Franchise QBs don't come along everyday, breh.

It sounds to me like you're more than a tad rustled. It's ok, though; MALLETT GON' SAVE DA FRANCHISE!

Bow down to CKC Nation, woman.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where exactly did I say Bledsoe was elite? Yea, I didn't. There's no denying he was a great QB, girl.

Don't be mad just because you're the only one that doesn't accept that the Pats reign of dominance is all but over, and will be dead once Brady is gone. While Bledsoe was a great QB, NE The Powerhouse rested on Brady's shoulders. The funny thing is you think guys like Brady or even Bledsoe are just a dime-a-dozen. Franchise QBs don't come along everyday, breh.

It sounds to me like you're more than a tad rustled. It's ok, though; MALLETT GON' SAVE DA FRANCHISE!

What reign of dominance? The Pats haven't won a superbowl in 8 years.

Are you talking about their reign of dominance in the AFCE ending in 3-4 years when Brady retires? 1) If so, its a little too soon to be talking crap- they are going to own the Jets in the mean time; 2) It's not like any team in the division looks positioned to overtake the Pats. Heck, the dolphins are probably the most likely team as Tannehill looks to have some potential.

Sanchez set this franchise back ten years and I don't understand how any Jets fan can talk smack to a Pats fan at the moment, nonetheless about something that MAY happen in 3-4 YEARS.
    Last edited by scottyM; 11-17-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

A Jest fan talkin' smack and crap. Can't make this sh!t up, jimmie breh doe. Just like the players I guess.

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees. But somehow 31 other teams managed to find a better one than Suckchize. I'm pretty sure the Pats can too.

Seeing as you see the future so clearly Nostradooshbag, what's the Mega Millions number tomorrow night?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Jest fan talkin' smack and crap. Can't make this sh!t up, jimmie breh doe. Just like the players I guess.

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees. But somehow 31 other teams managed to find a better one than Suckchize. I'm pretty sure the Pats can too.

Seeing as you see the future so clearly Nostradooshbag, what's the Mega Millions number tomorrow night?
    If I were a Sanchez supporter, your joke might have been more effective. Try again, breh.

A little hint for you, doe: Finding a better QB than Sanchez? Easy. Finding a franchise QB who can sustain the success NE has seen under Brady? lol, good luck. Your franchise is about to join the rest of us in the pit, bromo. Don't be rustled, doe. Ish like this happens sometimes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were a Sanchez supporter, your joke might have been more effective. Try again, breh.

A little hint for you, doe: Finding a better QB than Sanchez? Easy. Finding a franchise QB who can sustain the success NE has seen under Brady? lol, good luck. Your franchise is about to join the rest of us in the pit, bromo. Don't be rustled, doe. Ish like this happens sometimes.
    You miss the point entirely. No surprise there. No one expects to ever again in their life see their team dominate a league like the Pats have done for 11 years and counting. That's once in a lifetime stuff. That's Bill Russell reincarnate. Lightening striking twice. Back to back Lucky 7 jackpots. No reasonable expectation.

The Pats won't need to duplicate Brady to stay atop the division and the Jests for years to come. A monkey who isn't rustled could do that, yo. Knowutimean? Amirite???!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You miss the point entirely. No surprise there. No one expects to ever again in their life see their team dominate a league like the Pats have done for 11 years and counting. That's once in a lifetime stuff. That's Bill Russell reincarnate. Lightening striking twice. Back to back Lucky 7 jackpots. No reasonable expectation.

The Pats won't need to duplicate Brady to stay atop the division and the Jests for years to come. A monkey who isn't rustled could do that, yo. Knowutimean? Amirite???!
    +0

Like the Pats were good without Brady. Ever.

Oh...the Mighty days of Lightning Arm Steve Grogan!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    +0

Like the Pats were good without Brady. Ever.

Oh...the Mighty days of Lightning Arm Steve Grogan!
    Grogan was the best of a bad lot for sure. But he did have 3 11 wins seasons, And he DID get the team to a SB. Bad teams don't get to the SB...twice before Brady. Something only Joe Willy has done for the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like some Jet fans are great speculators. Like the 12-4 predictions for this season. Like the Gholston beast predictions. Like the Sanchez is gonna be elite boasts.

I'll take my chances with the Pats staying ahead of the Jets in the AFC East even after TB retires.

They may even change to more of a ground and pound with a dink and dunk thrown in.

Brady isn't great with the long passes to begin with. Having targets like Gronk, Hernandez,Welker and Lloyd and a RB like Ridley makes any QB's job easier.