Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Potential QB Moves for NYJ

Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I heard Jamarcus Russell wants back in the NFL he's probably available cheap.
    PURPLE DRANK

Trade for Cousins and/or draft a QB.

It would be nice to bring in a vet backup like Yates or Moore but unless we move Tebow we already have too much $$ tied up in the position. Forget Rivers and Flynn unless we somehow move Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Taget 2 qbs in this draft and take both of them. The redskins took rg3 and cousins last year. We need to be drafting multiple qbs until this problem is solved.

Matt Moore is a good fit. He knows his arm is bad and does not take chances. He will let Rex's D us games

All League
    Most of your options will not be long term solutions. Drafting a young QB and DEVELOPING a young nucleus around him is about the only chance we have. some of the veterans COULD be a stop gap solution (Campbell and Flynn) but most of those you mentioned would not improve our team much.

The best option IMO, would be Manuel. Wouldn't require a trade up in the first, and we could sign one of the scrubs you mentioned to start in 13 while Manuel prepares himself to start in 14.

yeh exchange our QB for someone with a tenth of the talent and watch mark light it up in an ofense that actually has players. Jets fans are the posterchildren for patience, even after 4 road playoff wins, yeh he got worse. God you guys are just stupid.

Practice Squad
    Draft a QB regardless, i like Bray out of Tenn, and Renfree from Duke. Then you sit him a year behind Sanchez or Jason Campbell. No Orton or Moore. Especially Moore, he was complete garbage when he was the starter for the Panthers.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wait three years for Kevin Hogan to graduate Stanford. Make sure Jets get number one pick for the draft that year. Until then, build the team.

Forget Geno. Glennon from NCST looks like a better pro prospect.

He can make all the throws and seems to have good pocket awareness.

Tall kid that can see over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    yeh exchange our QB for someone with a tenth of the talent and watch mark light it up in an ofense that actually has players. Jets fans are the posterchildren for patience, even after 4 road playoff wins, yeh he got worse. God you guys are just stupid.
    What is a tenth of the worst possible ? That must be pretty bad.

Whomever the Jets select for QB, he can't be much worse than Sanchez and Tebow.....

right?

.....RIGHT?

Draft Landry Jones

Last edited by suprjet; 11-17-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    Draft Landry Jones

Is he as tough as Laron Landry?

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Is he as tough as Laron Landry?
    He's 6' 4" 220 and a 4-year starter for the Sooners. 65% career completion pct

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    Draft Landry Jones

I actually wouldn't mind gambling on Jones. I still think Philly will go after him. Maybe not in the 1st but will definitely be looking at him. He is actually 5th on my list. So if we want him we may have to trade up in the 2nd to get him.

All League
    Of all of the above options as possibilities, what does Woody inevitably do:

Either

A) Stick w/ Sanchez

B) Axe Sanchez and Start Tebow

C) Bring in Michael Vick and begin a whole new circus.

Only the Jets... We're doomed !!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Wow, the evidence against Sanchez just keeps piling up.

I've was a Sanchez supporter until the last 2 games. I've now turned.

Man this sucks......again......same story over my entire 33 years on this earth. The NY Jets are without a viable QB.

**** - why can't we ever get a QB. I think we're the only franchise to have never ever had a good QB in the last 30 years. Well maybe that's an overstatment.

The Buccanneers maybe?

Seahawks
    Cardinals
    Bears
    Been saying this about Sanchez since the summer when it was the tebowites against the suckchez fans and we would get blasted for liking tebow bettter

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Funny how you guys want to sign Kyle Orton to be our STARTING QUARTBERACK. All I suggest is signing Vince Young to be our cheap backup QB after getting rid of Tebow and somehow that's the antiChrist. Vince Young is actually better than Tim Tebow and I've watched both of them play extensively in college and the pros.
    Ummm tebow beat out Orton but yeah bring him in because tebow sux. Tell me my fellow fans are not this dumb.

Well that was a depressing read. Geno Smith or bust.

Tebow. Start Tebow. Give the kid a chance to start some games before you decide he's no good. When I think of NJ or NY, I think of tough guys. I can't understand why you prefer a prissy QB to a gutsy QB. The Jets are an underdog team that hasn't won a superbowl in 40 years. Tebow is the ultimate underdog. Why can't you guys just try him? He could be your future.