Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 Potential QB Moves for NYJ

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    i strongly believe Mr.Rivers will be available this off Season.. Of course it most likely will cost someone a package that includes a first rounder. I do think his time in San Diego is up. i think he's on the outs.
    i like rivers,not a bad idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jets Insider VIP
    This team is more than a QB away.

Enough with the band aids. None of the guys are going to get this team to the ultimate prize.

Draft and sign o-line and skill positions. Let Sanchez play out thus year and next. Sure, that means 3 wins next year, but it also means another year of top picks. Better than finishing with 7-9 wins and still not having a good QB situation. After u have your base, then u draft a QB near the top in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    i strongly believe Mr.Rivers will be available this off Season.. Of course it most likely will cost someone a package that includes a first rounder. I do think his time in San Diego is up. i think he's on the outs.
    Rivers puts up better numbers, but he is prone to the same mistakes Sanchez makes.

I would prefer a Yates or a Cousins type move.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Well that was a depressing read. Geno Smith or bust.
    More like "Geno Smith will BE a Bust."

Tyler Wilson, man.....

Flynn or Moore sound good to me. I still think Flynn can be really good, and Moore can be a game manager for us. Both would be immediate upgrades for us. With all the issues and questions about talent on this team, QB play is the only thing that has kept us from having 5-6 wins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Flynn or Moore sound good to me. I still think Flynn can be really good, and Moore can be a game manager for us. Both would be immediate upgrades for us. With all the issues and questions about talent on this team, QB play is the only thing that has kept us from having 5-6 wins.
    My question is what is our ceiling with these two QBs? We have potentially 5 new starters on defense next year. We need upgrades at every unit on offense. We need a QB to develop. We don't have available picks to be trading any stop gap QB. If they ate cut, that is one thing, but we are starting over from square one, whether it is this January or next.

The 2009 defense ain't walking through that door. So the Trent Dilfer type of offense isn't going to work any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    This team is more than a QB away.

Enough with the band aids. None of the guys are going to get this team to the ultimate prize.

Draft and sign o-line and skill positions. Let Sanchez play out thus year and next. Sure, that means 3 wins next year, but it also means another year of top picks. Better than finishing with 7-9 wins and still not having a good QB situation. After u have your base, then u draft a QB near the top in 2014.
    I am willing to bet with a better offensive coaching staff, along with some playmakers on the offense, and a few tweeks on the o-line, we can win with Sanchez. How do I reach this conclusion? We did it before. That is not to minimize his poor decision-making which really needs to improve. But I also think that is due to the lack of coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Jets need a totally new offensive coaching staff and philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I am willing to bet with a better offensive coaching staff, along with some playmakers on the offense, and a few tweeks on the o-line, we can win with Sanchez. How do I reach this conclusion? We did it before. That is not to minimize his poor decision-making which really needs to improve. But I also think that is due to the lack of coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Jets need a totally new offensive coaching staff and philosophy.
    Only way you win with Sanchez is to have the #1 rushing o and #1 defense. Even with those he was 8-7. The guy just is just too far below average to invest more time and money into. Eventually you have to cut ties and move on.

Just about ANY QB on that list could beat out Sanchez in a straight up QB competition.

That's what everyone is failing to realize. At this point, and what we've endured with Sanchez, ANY other QB is called ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

Just benching Sanchez and taking the unbelieveable weight off the players backs makes the team better even if they decided to play without a QB. That's how bad Sanchez is killing the Jets.

So any QB on that list suddenly gives the players OPTIMISM. It gives them something to look forward to. That new QB would immediately raise the level of talent of all of the surrounding players. He would do what Sanchez has failed to do since he's been here.

Hall Of Fame
    QB and pass rushers. Both of those can make up for deficiencies in other areas.