Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really sucks to be out of it in mid-November

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Really sucks to be out of it in mid-November

I know this was a long time trend as Jets fans for years but the last dozen or so with a few exceptions we've had a pretty good run playing meaningful football well into Dec-Jan. Just realizing how much it blows being shot before Thanksgiving.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're looking at it the wrong way. See, now that we're out of it, we won't be disappointed when we get our ass whipped.

If you think about it, it's actually good for our health that we're out of it already.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're not out of it yet by a long shot!
    Dump

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's never over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Dump
    Dump an admins thread? Is such a thing even POSSIBLE?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I know this was a long time trend as Jets fans for years but the last dozen or so with a few exceptions we've had a pretty good run playing meaningful football well into Dec-Jan. Just realizing how much it blows being shot before Thanksgiving.
    Without Coslett and Kotite no less.....

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Dump
    Cockeyed optimism gets boring after a while.

This is coming from the ultimate optimist.

At least ND is having a great year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets look like they'll finish in the 5-11, 6-10 range. Not Ray Ray's prediction of 12-4, but injuries can hit any team at any time. Steelers are suddenly looking vulnerable without Roethlisberger.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    IT is over! fah shizzle!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seasons like this one always gives me flashbacks to the late 80s, and pre-Parcells 90s. I try to look at the big picture now though with this franchise. If the bottom falls out of this team for the rest of the season (which is likely), it may be a blessing for our future. It's definitely time for a new regime, which includes the front office.

Rex gave us two great runs, but his act wore out a lot sooner than any of us even expected. I think in the back of our minds we all had a feeling that his act may wear thin.

It all turned for the worse after that Giants game last year. He put so much emphasis on that game for no reason, how "this game is for NY", and losing that game killed whatever swagger we had since the beginning of his tenure. He's lost the locker room and after all of his talk this past offseason on how this team was going to get the chemistry back...it's never happened.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only problem is, by the time Thanksgiving is over the Jets will be 5-6 and determined to get back to .500 against the Cardinals.

We have nothing to play for BUT to shock the world... We're going to be the first team since the '96 Jags to make the playoffs after a 3-6 start. We're going to REPEAT what we did in 2009 and make the playoffs after everyone counted us out with a 4-6 record.

Dude we're the NEW YORK JETS, we have a history of doing this kind of thing. Nobody gave us a chance in 1969 either, but we won the Superbowl, and not just any Superbowl but THE SUPERBOWL! The one Superbowl by which all other Superbowls are judged! The Superbowl that created the NFL as we know it today. We're gonna climb back out of this thing and we're gonna shock the world because that's what we do... that's why we're here... Got it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Only problem is, by the time Thanksgiving is over the Jets will be 5-6 and determined to get back to .500 against the Cardinals.

We have nothing to play for BUT to shock the world... We're going to be the first team since the '96 Jags to make the playoffs after a 3-6 start. We're going to REPEAT what we did in 2009 and make the playoffs after everyone counted us out with a 4-6 record.

Dude we're the NEW YORK JETS, we have a history of doing this kind of thing. Nobody gave us a chance in 1969 either, but we won the Superbowl, and not just any Superbowl but THE SUPERBOWL! The one Superbowl by which all other Superbowls are judged! The Superbowl that created the NFL as we know it today. We're gonna climb back out of this thing and we're gonna shock the world because that's what we do... that's why we're here... Got it?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post

Rex gave us two great runs, but his act wore out a lot sooner than any of us even expected. I think in the back of our minds we all had a feeling that his act may wear thin.

It all turned for the worse after that Giants game last year. He put so much emphasis on that game for no reason, how "this game is for NY", and losing that game killed whatever swagger we had since the beginning of his tenure. He's lost the locker room and after all of his talk this past offseason on how this team was going to get the chemistry back...it's never happened.
    If there's a defining moment in time that ended the Rex Ryan Jets, it occurred in Week 10 last year at home against the Patriots.

Going into that game, the Jets were 5-3 and Ryan had boasted about how this was the time we were finally going to pass the Patriots and take control of the division. How it was "our time" and the team was going to "step up", all that crap. And, as usual, we got blown out.

Going into that game, we were on a 25-11 streak, including a span where we went 16-4.

Since that game, the Jets are 6-11.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least two decent tailgates left...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

During the last 15 years, when our quarterback is healthy we haven't had a losing season and are averaging 9.5 wins. Just amazing that we couldn't break through just once, if you think about it.

Any Jets fan under the age of 30 doesn't understand what's going on right now because, to them, we're an elite NFL team. Things get bad, we just change the HC or the QB and we're back in business, been that way because Parcells built us on defense and a rushing attack and the foundation he laid was good enough to keep us competitive for a decade and a half.

Not anymore.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was over the day Rex and Sanchez came here, unlikely for them to have decent seasons let alone win the SB yet, If Sanchez is not shot this crew plus some has a good chance of eventually getting there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If there's a defining moment in time that ended the Rex Ryan Jets, it occurred in Week 10 last year at home against the Patriots.

Going into that game, the Jets were 5-3 and Ryan had boasted about how this was the time we were finally going to pass the Patriots and take control of the division. How it was "our time" and the team was going to "step up", all that crap. And, as usual, we got blown out.

Going into that game, we were on a 25-11 streak, including a span where we went 16-4.

SAR I
    Belichick knew that he stuck a fork in the Jets with his, " best defense? They can suck my dick" quote.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I never got too high during our good runs, so this feels normal to me, sadly.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course all this "Rex is done" talk stops the second the Jets get back to .500 and look like playoff contenders again. All the Jets have to do is go on a 3 game win streak to get back to .500 and everyone is talking like this is impossible when it isn't.

FACT: The Jets have a weak remaining schedule, including today's game at St. Louis. If Rex gets his team back to .500 all of a sudden he's a good headcoach again and Sparano is a good OC. Still 43% of the season left to play. The Jets can still right this thing regardless of what the sportstalk fools say.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    I agree here. I'm not sure younger fans know what a bad team looks like.

We've have bad runs but it has been a solid team for the past 15 years.

This team, right now, is a legitimate bad football with little to nothing to be excited about in the future.

It's the 80's right now, no doubt.