Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Really sucks to be out of it in mid-November

Jets Insider VIP
    thank god the pats broke 50 we have them right where we want them now

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Here's you opponents over the next three games...

Rams, Pats, Cards.

The Rams are beatable, the Pats only beat us by 3 points up at Gillette and now have to play us at Metlife, and the Cards are a mess of a team right now. Absolutely the Jets could rip off 3 straight here and then we're 6-6 with four games left to play.

Yeah, but you always need to throw out the previous result vs the Pats. Just go back and look at the history. Seems like every season for a game that we played them close (within a TD), there is always the other side of it where the Patriots kick our asses. We played our close game already.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

My plan for enjoying thanksgiving is to massively overdose on l-tryptophan and wine, so as to be in a deep and content slumber by kickoff.

Anything involving being awake for the game simply means another sucky holiday. And these bastids already forked my Christmas last year. They aint gettin my turkey day, here in 0'12.

Jets Insider VIP
    have you seen the pats D? OMG

Jets Insider VIP
    Sooth you are such a front runner...I taught you better bro

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Missed your bang your head thread today.
    I know man. But I wasn't getting much love from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    have you seen the pats D? OMG
    Have YOU? They are starting to gel, and don't discount the effect of the Talib addition. As they stand now, they are actually 11th in points allowed vs. the Jets at 20. And that's even without the best defensive coach in all of football.

Interesting stat from today's telecast...The Pats' takeway/giveaway ratio in the 2nd half of games going back to 2010 is an incredible 49 and 4. Seems so statistically impossible, someone should write a book and show it as proof they are still cheating.

Jets Insider VIP
    Starting to gel.............LOL and valentine had the sox on the brink. LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    THE PATS DEFENSE MAKES ****TY DEFENSES LOOK GOOD

Jets Insider VIP
    HOWD THE COLTS DO AGAINST THE JETS?

Now we're 4-6 and in the mix.

YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Jets are the bestest team in the league now!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Yeah, but you always need to throw out the previous result vs the Pats. Just go back and look at the history. Seems like every season for a game that we played them close (within a TD), there is always the other side of it where the Patriots kick our asses. We played our close game already.
    Yep. The Patriots are only 9-2 at the Jets dating back to 2001, so the fact that they played them close one time in the last two years in their last meeting doesn't really give much reason for optimism going into this game...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Yep. The Patriots are only 9-2 at the Jets dating back to 2001, so the fact that they played them close one time in the last two years in their last meeting doesn't really give much reason for optimism going into this game...

Exactly, we played one close and and either win (rare), or lose within 7 points. The 2nd game is usually a mistaken-prone affair, usually a game we have to have, and end up losing by two scores.

Jets Insider VIP
    HOWD THE COLTS DO AGAINST THE JETS?
    But we beat the Colts.....

All League
    We are currently 2 games out of a WC spot.....and we have the tie breaker in head to head competition over them (Indy).

It's still far from over. Especially since we have the more favorable schedule, where Indy has Houston 2xs and at Detroit. Even Buffalo and Tennessee are no guaranteed W's for them.

We still have alot to overcome, but its definitely far from over.

Sent from my LG-P999

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Sooth you are such a front runner...I taught you better bro
    Who am I front running? If anything, I'm back running.

The Jets could still make the playoffs, they'd just have to win out to get in.

I know it seems impossible, and it probably is, but it still could happen. If the Jets made the right changes/personnel decisions they could make things interesting down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The Jets could still make the playoffs, they'd just have to win out to get in.

I know it seems impossible, and it probably is, but it still could happen. If the Jets made the right changes/personnel decisions they could make things interesting down the stretch.
    I think someone could get in at 9-7. The Colts are now 6-4 but I'm not so sure they're world beaters or anything. The Bengals are 5-5 and flaky.

Realistically I think we'll end up with 7-8 wins but a 9-7 playoff berth is not out of the realm of possibility if we execute like today (though that's a big ?).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Now we're 4-6 and in the mix.

YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Jets are the bestest team in the league now!!!!!!!
    Whatevs

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh yeah thats what I meant I though i accidently went on the vaGiants board with the front runner stuff. Happy Thanksgiving Sean