View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

28 52.83%
  • Rams

25 47.17%
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Rams Week 11

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Rams Week 11

While everyone is slowly getting over the tie from week 10, the St. Louis Rams have to put last week behind them and focus on their upcoming challenger. Even though the New York Jets have seen their fair share of issues this year, they remain a dangerous opponent with plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. Here is a look at just what areas the Rams need to focus on if they want to end up on the right side of the scoreboard this coming Sunday.

RUN THE BALL

And then run it some more. Steven Jackson had a bit of a breakthrough performance against the San Francisco 49ers and that was mostly due to his workload. S-Jax is one of those backs who improves with more carries, and the 29 totes he had in that game were by far his most of the season. The Jets run defense was once feared, but now leaves a lot to be desired. They are giving up 145.0 yards per game, which ranks 30th in the league and bodes well for the Rams rushing attack this week.

GET AFTER SANCHEZ

Quarterback has been the main focus in New York with their struggles and Mark Sanchez has been at the center of that criticism. Sure, he deserves some of the blame for their poor performances, but the real problem has been the offensive line. A once sturdy unit has deteriorated, allowing 22 sacks already this year and having Sanchez on the run frequently. For the Rams, getting Robert Quinn and Chris Long firing off the edges to apply pressure must be a focus on defense.

DON’T BEAT YOURSELF

What has been the topic of conversation this week with the Rams is their discipline issues with respect penalties. Flags,along with turnovers, are the recipe for disaster and as always, taking care of the football is very important this week. Head Coach Jeff Fisher should have dedicated plenty of time this week in practice to cutting down on the mental errors that have plagues this team. If the Rams can eliminate their pre-snap penalties and play whistle to whistle, they stand a really good chance to pick up the victory this week.

Confidence has to be up even though the Rams did only tie the 49ers last week given San Francisco’s clout coming into that game. A win in this game wouldn’t be quite as monumental of an accomplishment, but it would be a step in the right direction for this franchise as they build for the future.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...Y1RcsuPmEc2.99

Official New York Jets theme song for Week 11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFRkp...eature=related

Need a stream for the game(s)?: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/american-football.html

The Official Game Thread is brought to you by:

CKC - You mirin'?
    Last edited by McGinley; 11-18-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Making their way to the ring, at a combined weight of 1,128 lbs., accompanied by WWE Champion Barack Obama, EVOLUTION!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Everybody play some phukin football this franchise has the same history of suck we do. Are you gonna mail it in?

Veteran
    I need more alcohol to handle this game.

Dowtin did not travel with the team due to coach's decision, and the linked article attributes Ricky Sapp to the decision. Also in there is that McKnight and Powell did travel.

http://thejetpress.com/2012/11/17/ma...l-to-st-louis/

All League
    Heading to the game now...hopefully we see a pissed off Jets team today!

All League
    Pumped for the game! It is do or die.......leeettttts GO!!!!!

Sent from my LG-P999

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Despite fact that Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer has been scheming all week to beat NY, Jets are paying portion of his salary next 2 seasons.

I wanted to choose the Jets as the winner today but....I just can't because they have shown me NOTHING to indicate that they are turning it around.

Hopefully, they prove me wrong today but I'm not holding out much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Dowtin did not travel with the team due to coach's decision, and the linked article attributes Ricky Sapp to the decision. Also in there is that McKnight and Powell did travel.

http://thejetpress.com/2012/11/17/ma...l-to-st-louis/
    This is strange that Dowtin isn't traveling to the game...As long as I can recall only players that are injured and not going to play don't make the trip..

The inactive "healthy" players, which aren't announced until a hour before the game starts, still make the trip...

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT'S COMING?

So the Rams are going to play conservative? Good strategy... Except the Jets will be playing out of their minds while you're playing conservative.

Jets - 24

Rams - 13

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    S&C coach just chatted with Mike T, Sparano & trainer. TS walked away RT @JeffDarlington Can't get gauge on Kerley's status based on workout

Pretty lengthy discussion just finished with Kerley, Tannenbaum, Lal, team doctor & trainer.
    Last edited by C Mart; 11-18-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT'S COMING?
    Yes. The OFFICIAL End of the Jets season.

(but I'm hoping I'm wrong. )

Rams by a FG from Legatron as time expires.

You know they won't let us off the hook that easy with another blowout.

if the jets lose today this place will implode later this afternoon and tonight.

i predict there will be mass bannings. i can assure you i wont be part of it.

Nike 3:16.

Really hard to get excited for this game at all.

I'm expecting to lose and even a win will mean nothing considering its the fuggin Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if the jets lose today this place will implode later this afternoon and tonight.

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Smart. Wouldn't want to come up with a third alias, after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDqUH...eature=related

In the misty morning, on the edge of time
    We've lost the rising sun, a final sign
    As the misty morning rolls away to die
    Reaching for the stars, we blind the sky

We sailed across the air before we learned to fly
    We thought that it could never end
    We'd glide above the ground before we learned to run, run
    Now it seems our world has come undone

Oh they say that it's over
    And it just had to be
    Ooh they say that it's over