Thread: Tim Tebow isnít Terrible, it's the Jets from top to bottom

Tim Tebow isnít Terrible, it's the Jets from top to bottom

This is a wonderful Sunday morning read, and so true...

All Pro
    This is an excellent article and I agree with it 100%

It puts it bed the lie that the Jets team failings are somehow all Sanchez's fault, does and no one in their right mind could blame Tebow.....

Read it......

And Weep.......

Hall Of Fame
    No, Tebow is terrible. The Jets are as well.

All Pro
    Yes. An excellent article for a 12 year old Jets fan that reacts emotionally about a team that has hurt his feelings. He's not wrong that the Jets have been woefully mismanaged by Tanny but after that I just hear waa waa.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    No, Tebow is terrible. The Jets are as well.
    Sad but true. We all know Tebow is terrible but you can't blame him on the Jets failures when he hardly even plays. The Jets are now bottom feeders.

All Pro
    I keep trying to defend Sparano. I have no idea how he is as a coordinator & this article contradicts itself by first making the true statement that the Jets have the worst offensive talent at the skill positions in the NFL. Add to that a skittish QB who has the worst completion percentage in football & what do you expect?
    I know this... Sparano is no miracle worker.

Juxtapose this to the talent that Shoddy had to work with & you see that the jury is still out on whether Sparano is better than Shoddy?

Maybe we'll be closer to knowing the answer after today's matchup.

Hall Of Fame
    That was a horribly written article from some moron who isn't even aware of the difference between "sans" and "sands". Just plain awful. While some of his observations are valid, the idiot has no clue as to what passes for rational analysis.

Thanks for wasting my time with this bleacher report-quality garbage. If you're actually the one who wrote this hunk of ****, may god have mercy on your soul.

All League
    The problem with Tebow and the problem it's always been is that he's been effective enough to deserve a shot. That said, building a team around him is orthogonal to what you would build for a traditional drop-back passer so you'd be building a team on a long shot and if it fails, it's a spectacular failure and you've wasted 2 generations of talent to get back to a traditional offense.

Now, his followers think he's some kind of prophet and a lot think if you say anything bad about his playing, you're some kind of anti-Christian. I blame it on limited brain activity when they say that though.

I think he's probably a nice guy by all accounts and a good football player but I wouldn't commit my team to him. He's just not good enough in any one position to take that kind of a risk.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes. An excellent article for a 12 year old Jets fan that reacts emotionally about a team that has hurt his feelings. He's not wrong that the Jets have been woefully mismanaged by Tanny but after that I just hear waa waa.
    Poor coaching also, starting with the HC

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Poor coaching also, starting with the HC
    See now I think Rex could be a good coach if he had a strong GM. He is the wrong HC to pair up with a GM that knows nothing about football, or taking responsibility. Parcells would love having this GM, but Rex needs someone to keep him in line, and take the heat off him. Give him some time to coach, instead of worrying about stuff the GM should be worrying about. It's the same principal as putting players in a position to succeed, and getting the most out of their talents. He shouldn't be shopping for groceries. He should be down with the players, and not be considered management. I think we've ruined Rex the same way we ruined Sanchez. He's not the same confident innovative coach he was when he got here. He's all jumpy, and double clutching out there. Shell shocked.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    See now I think Rex could be a good coach if he had a strong GM. He is the wrong HC to pair up with a GM that knows nothing about football, or taking responsibility. Parcells would love having this GM, but Rex needs someone to keep him in line, and take the heat off him. Give him some time to coach, instead of worrying about stuff the GM should be worrying about. It's the same principal as putting players in a position to succeed, and getting the most out of their talents. He shouldn't be shopping for groceries. He should be down with the players, and not be considered management. I think we've ruined Rex the same way we ruined Sanchez. He's not the same confident innovative coach he was when he got here. He's all jumpy, and double clutching out there. Shell shocked.
    Disagree...His teams have progressively become worse..Which is the result of the lack of discipline, developing your players..JMO

He's a good DC...But not a HC..Different job titles, responsibilities, knowledge etc...

Hall Of Fame
    The article is partially incorrect :

The Jets are terrible from top to bottom....AND SO IS TEBLOW.

Aside from that, it was an alright article......for bleacher-report-level gutter trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This is an excellent article and I agree with it 100%

It puts it bed the lie that the Jets team failings are somehow all Sanchez's fault, does and no one in their right mind could blame Tebow.....

Read it......

And Weep.......

Charlie, I don't think there's a single person here who thinks that it's ALL Mark's fault, or even that the vast majority of the problems are due to Mark.

He has little talent around him and Hill drops passes. We all get that. That said, it would be different if Mark was hitting all his receivers and they kept dropping the ball. Or if the turnovers in the passing game came after the catch.

In short, if Mark was going out there and playing well, we'd all see that he wasn't a large part of the problem, but that's not what has been happening. What we've seen is that receivers have been wide open, and Mark throws an interception due to indecisiveness and poor mechanics.

Or, a game ends because Mark decides to do something stupid and fumbles the ball away while getting sacked.

OR, a game ends because Mark has time, yet throws a pass too high down the middle of the field.

Point is, week in and week out, Mark Sanchez demonstrates that yes, he is a fairly big part of the problem.