Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woody call meeting with rex, tanny etx

Jets Insider VIP

Woody call meeting with rex, tanny etx

Looks like woody brought team president bob glat to the meeting as well. I was not aware we had a team president. Hopefully, glat is smart enough to suggest firing these clowns and he can lead the search for a new gm.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-tannenbaum/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Looks like woody brought team president bob glat to the meeting as well. I was not aware we had a team president. Hopefully, glat is smart enough to suggest firing these clowns and he can lead the search for a new gm.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-tannenbaum/

Jets hire Neil Glat, former NFL executive, as team president

April 11, 2012

For the first time since the 2007 season, the Jets will have a team president.

They selected NFL executive Neil Glat for the job, the Jets announced today. Glat has spent the past 15 years working for the league, most recently holding the post of senior vice president of corporate development.

The Jets lost two executives on the business side this offseason, former executive vice president of business operations Matt Higgins and former vice president for stadium development and finance Thad Sheely. Glat will take on both of their duties in a post the team has not had since Jay Cross left the team in the summer of 2008.

General manager Mike Tannenbaum will still report directly to owner Woody Johnson.

"Neil distinguished himself with his extensive NFL experience, business acumen, and leadership skills," Johnson said in a statement released by the team. "We have accomplished a great deal during my 12 years as owner of the New York Jets, and I am confident that Neil will continue the growth of our business and elevation of our brand."

Glat worked in areas including business development and stadium development while with the NFL, and assisted in the addition of expansion teams in Cleveland and Houston. Commissioner Roger Goodell called Glat a "talented executive" in a statement.

Glat has a law degree from Harvard and studied economics at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School. He will begin working for the Jets in May.

ďI am very grateful to Woody Johnson for this tremendous opportunity with the Jets,Ē Glat said through the team. ďThe Jets have established a unique and innovative brand and are leaders in many areas. I look forward to building on this momentum and working with everyone in the organization.Ē

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ormer_nfl.html

Hall Of Fame
    truthfully, I think of this as a good sign.

shake this mother up, Woody.

All Pro
    I hope they were all told "Your services will no longer be needed at the conclusion of this season"

"Itís reasonable because Glatís presence at the meeting called by owner Woody Johnson with Tannenbaum, coach Rex Ryan, and the teamís three coordinators"

Published: Aug. 30, 2012
    Johnson said: "I think you can never have too much Tebow."

Tebow 20 plays today...

Glauber: Woody Johnson met with Jets' brass on Tuesday to discuss season

Jets owner Woody Johnson interacts with players, coaches and front-office executives on a regular basis, but this time it was different. Deeply concerned about the direction of the team after a 3-6 start, Johnson called in all the key members of his football operation Tuesday to discuss ways to turn the season around.

He and team president Neil Glat met for about 45 minutes with general manager Mike Tannenbaum, coach Rex Ryan, offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine and special-teams coordinator Mike Westhoff at the team's practice facility in Florham Park, N.J., in an effort to get the team headed in the right direction.

A team spokesman confirmed to Newsday Saturday that the meeting took place, although he declined to be more specific about the details of the gathering. Public relations director Bruce Speight said Johnson met to "discuss how we can improve our performance moving forward." Speight also said the tone of the meeting was "calm and constructive."

Johnson is not believed to have issued any sort of ultimatum to anyone in the meeting.

A day after the sit-down, more controversy rained down on the team when a Daily News article quoted several players and team officials anonymously criticizing backup quarterback Tim Tebow. It was uncertain when those comments were made and by whom, although the only person quoted in the story, left guard Matt Slauson, said his comments were from an interview as far back as late in training camp.

Johnson told reporters on Thursday that he is extremely frustrated by the team's results. He did not tell reporters about the sit-down with his staff on Tuesday. Johnson said he is optimistic that the Jets can turn things around, starting with Sunday's game against the Rams in St. Louis.

"We're 3-6 right now, but I'm going into this game optimistically [that] we're going to win it, as I've been all season and the last 13 seasons, really," said Johnson, who purchased the Jets in 2000. "[We're] in a lot of pain this week, again for losing this game . It's a miserable experience for us, for the team, for me, I know for our fans, people in the media as well. This is a tough thing to lose any game, particularly as many games as we've lost this year. [It's] very, very tough and painful."

Johnson refuted the idea that he was behind the move to bring in Tebow as a way to promote sales of personal seat licenses (PSLs) and said the decision to trade for the Broncos quarterback was a collective one that involved Ryan and Tannenbaum.

"You guys have been accusing me with this phony story about me being more concerned with PSLs or cash or something else," Johnson said.

"Listen, my job, one, two, and three, is to win games. That's why I got into football to begin with is to win games. It's not to sell PSLs or anything else.

"My job is to win games, that's where my passion is, that's what I want to do, that's why I'm spending all this time in this organization. It's not to sell PSLs or to sell hot dogs. It's to win games. That's my job, I take it very seriously, the coaches take it seriously and the players take it seriously. It doesn't have anything to do with that phony argument."

Johnson said he was upset by the negative criticism but downplayed the use of anonymous quotes to describe Tebow.

"Let me tell you something about anonymous guys," he said. "Anybody that's anonymous has no credibility. Anonymous people don't speak for the New York Jets. They really don't.

"I'm out here every day talking to players, looking at players, talking to the coaches, meeting with the coaches and the players, so I think I'm a reasonably good judge -- I'm not a coach, but I've been around this for 13 years now -- of what's going on. I see this team as really tight-knit.

"Maybe it's because of the stories that have been circulating recently, the unfair criticism and the anonymous criticism particularly, which is kind of cowardly, in my opinion. Put your name on it. If you have a criticism, hey, stand up and we'll be glad to talk to you about it."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ason-1.4234133

Neil Glatt has absolutely no background to run the FOOTBALL operations side of a team.

If we need someone to manage the stadium, revenue, etc then he seems like an excellent choice, but he has no more base for sitting in a meeting with the teams defensive coordinator, then whoever the teams CFO or head of security does.

Just another sign of Woodys general inability to set up the organization properly.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Woody wants to know if he should have Tebow bandaids produced.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    "We're 3-6 right now"
    Friggin stat geek.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

"Itís reasonable because Glatís presence at the meeting called by owner Woody Johnson with Tannenbaum, coach Rex Ryan, and the teamís three coordinators"

Published: Aug. 30, 2012
    Johnson said: "I think you can never have too much Tebow."

Tebow 20 plays today...
    I unfortunately think you are correct.

At least I'll have Schotty's offense making our defense look like a joke to keep my anger preoccupied.

Hall Of Fame
    A meeting with the owner, GM, and coordinators means only one thing, and that is a change on the field. Tebow gets half the plays against the Rams and then goes full starter for the prime time game against the Pats. Woody wants his toy.

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    If Tebow has significant role today, we'll know what went down in Woody's sitdown with his football cabinet. #Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Pettine says defense unit wonít overcompensate for teamís offense #nyj:http://nyp.st/UMPdU5 via @newyorkpost

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Neil Glatt has absolutely no background to run the FOOTBALL operations side of a team.

If we need someone to manage the stadium, revenue, etc then he seems like an excellent choice, but he has no more base for sitting in a meeting with the teams defensive coordinator, then whoever the teams CFO or head of security does.

Just another sign of Woodys general inability to set up the organization properly.
    sounds about right. Him and Tan should get along well counting beans together

Hall Of Fame
    Interesting comment from Tanny in this interview with Cimini this week:

3. Tanny-speak. In my sitdown with Tannenbaum this week, he made an eyebrow-raising remark about his philosophy on team building.

"We’ve never gone for broke here," he said. "We’ve never mortgaged multiple picks to win now. That’s not what we believe in. We believe in a systematic approach to win every year. In no year do we put more eggs into one basket."

The numbers suggest otherwise. Since 2009, the Jets have made only 21 draft picks, tied with the Saints for the lowest in the league. Of the 67 players on their roster, including practice and injured reserve, only 37 percent (25) were acquired through the draft -- the fourth-lowest percentage in the league, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

it's a business

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Interesting comment from Tanny in this interview with Cimini this week:

3. Tanny-speak. In my sitdown with Tannenbaum this week, he made an eyebrow-raising remark about his philosophy on team building.

"We’ve never gone for broke here," he said. "We’ve never mortgaged multiple picks to win now. That’s not what we believe in. We believe in a systematic approach to win every year. In no year do we put more eggs into one basket."

The numbers suggest otherwise. Since 2009, the Jets have made only 21 draft picks, tied with the Saints for the lowest in the league. Of the 67 players on their roster, including practice and injured reserve, only 37 percent (25) were acquired through the draft -- the fourth-lowest percentage in the league, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
    I think (I can't speak for Tanny) he means they haven't traded future high draft picks..

In other words trading a future #1 or #2 to to move up in the draft or acquire a player...

They did trade a #3 (and other parts) to acquire BEdwards and Jenkins...But obviously those 2 were established veterans...

Hall Of Fame
    I think (I can't speak for Tanny) he means they haven't traded future high draft picks..

In other words trading a future #1 or #2 to to move up in the draft or acquire a player...

They did trade a #3 (and other parts) to acquire BEdwards and Jenkins...But obviously those 2 were established veterans...
    I think thats what he meant also, but the future was mortgaged.

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Despite fact that Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer has been scheming all week to beat NY, Jets are paying portion of his salary next 2 seasons.

All Pro

A lot of the issue hasn't been the number of picks, IMHO, but what we got with them.

E.g a nickel back and a back up guard with a #1 and a #2 (2010). Or a whole draft from 2008 with the only player left now being Keller.