Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woody call meeting with rex, tanny etx

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    A lot of the issue hasn't been the number of picks, IMHO, but what we got with them.

E.g a nickel back and a back up guard with a #1 and a #2 (2010). Or a whole draft from 2008 with the only player left now being Keller.
    Or the 2012 draft thatnetted us 8 picks of which we cut half before our first game. Or the fact that we have 1 legitimate starter from the last three drafts.

I think Woody called a meeting either to say :

"If we lose this game, switch to Tebow"

OR

"Does this suit make me look fat?"

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Or the 2012 draft thatnetted us 8 picks of which we cut half before our first game. Or the fact that we have 1 legitimate starter from the last three drafts.
    1 legitimate starter from the last 3 drafts?

Wilkerson + Coples + kerley

I guess every one of our picks should be a hall of gamer

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    1 legitimate starter from the last 3 drafts?

Wilkerson + Coples + kerley

I guess every one of our picks should be a hall of gamer
    Ellis will be a starter if he can ever stay healthy. Vlad will be our starting OG next year. Davis, Hill and Bush could also be future starters.

Hopefully, Neil Glat is more intelligent than Woody- his resume suggests so but we'll have to see.

Maybe I see this a little differently, but I think this gives Woody a necessary layer between himself and the GM and coaches. I think Woody is way too close to Rex and Tanny. You saw it on Hard Knocks, and you continue to see it at the Jets facilities. Tannenbaum has been with this team since the day Woody took ownership. A team president gives Woody the level between to say it was a "football" decision as opposed to his decision alone. Not to mention it allows him to let Glat do the deed rather than himself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    [B][SIZE=2]

Glat worked in areas including business development and stadium development while with the NFL, and assisted in the addition of expansion teams in Cleveland and Houston.

Glat has a law degree from Harvard and studied economics at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School. He will begin working for the Jets in May.
    SNORE

We need a team president with a degree in kicking other peoples' asses.