Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Tebow's Trail of Bodies

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Uptowngreengang View Post
    Interesting note from one of the sports analysts. The number of people who have lost their jobs as a result of the Tim Tebow factor is interesting and is sure to rise at the end of this season.

    Josh McDaniels
    Kyle Orton

    Possibly:
    Mike Tannenbaum
    Rex Ryan
    Tony Sparano
    Matt Slauson
    "Anonymous" teammates. At least those who the front office believes talked off the record

    At the end of the day they have to ask themselves, was all of this worth it. Congratulations Mr. Tannenbaum. Your career as a GM will be defined by this failed experiment.
    Haha... Like its Tin Tebos fault Sporano, Tanny, Rex and Skaudon suck. I guess Tebow is responsible for all Tanny whifs in the draft and was the reason Rex lost control of the team last year.

    Sanchez will be more responsible for these guys losing their jobs than anyone else.

  2. #22
    Dumbest thread ever

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Haha... Like its Tin Tebos fault Sporano, Tanny, Rex and Skaudon suck. I guess Tebow is responsible for all Tanny whifs in the draft and was the reason Rex lost control of the team last year.

    Sanchez will be more responsible for these guys losing their jobs than anyone else.
    Very true. Blaming Tim for the Jets demise is simply wrong. You can argue whether you thought he should be on the team or the role he should play, but to blame him for 3-6 is blaming the wrong guy.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    If only Woody Johnson could be one too
    Are either of his parents alive? Maybe they could take the team away as punishment for farking it up so badly.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What are you his little side kick?
    I'm his friend. Get over your rustledness, mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Guy is a fraud of a Jet fan and a clown
    We have debated his loyalties and fandom many times before. We know what he is, so why even bring that up? However, he is no clown. If you would just listen to and talk with him, you'd realize he's actually very intelligent and knows his football.

    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You want to debate the topic with him have at it.
    I've done so many times. I'm not the one making silly comments without debating his points, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You have the same point of view, you run around in circles with him.
    Yes, I do have the same/similar point of view. However, I at least debate him on those views when I make snide remarks.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm his friend. Get over your rustledness, mate.



    We have debated his loyalties and fandom many times before. We know what he is, so why even bring that up? However, he is no clown. If you would just listen to and talk with him, you'd realize he's actually very intelligent and knows his football.




    I've done so many times. I'm not the one making silly comments without debating his points, though.

    Yep, you actually put up valid logical arguments and try to refute/rebut points. You know, actual intelligent debate and discussion.


    Sec on the other hand /????



    Yes, I do have the same/similar point of view. However, I at least debate him on those views when I make snide remarks.
    Think you might have misinterpreted this one. Sec was saying that your views are similar to mine, which, they aren't. It's why we disagree so often

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Think you might have misinterpreted this one. Sec was saying that your views are similar to mine, which, they aren't. It's why we disagree so often
    Ah, I see what you mean. Yea, that makes no sense, lol. Everyone knows I'm definitely not drinking the same brand of Bourbon that Tebow fans are.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Ah, I see what you mean. Yea, that makes no sense, lol. Everyone knows I'm definitely not drinking the same brand of Bourbon that Tebow fans are.
    You have the same point of view as I, that Tebow was a PR move made by Woody.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You have the same point of view as I, that Tebow was a PR move made by Woody.
    If that's what you meant, then yes. I definitely believe Tebow2NY was a complete Woody move.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,005
    this is just an asinine thought, there is more money on the table for Woody if Manning is steering the ship over T-bow, hands down. Woody is not dumb, you can collect two fold with Manning, not only just the name, but also a legitimate shoot at being a contender that will rake in money.

    Somewhere they got lost and missed the boat.

    Take T-bow out of the mix right now, remove him from the team in your mind. Botton line, we have a D that holds up, if you have a top QB you need somewhat serviceable players on offense, if you have a somewhat serviciable QB, you need top offensive playmakers, we have neither. this falls on Tanny and Rex, not Woody. T-bow is not even in the equation except for the media.

    If his name was not "T-Bow", he would not even be of intrest. if his name was Smith, Johnson or Goldburg he would not even be relevant.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    this is just an asinine thought, there is more money on the table for Woody if Manning is steering the ship over T-bow, hands down. Woody is not dumb, you can collect two fold with Manning, not only just the name, but also a legitimate shoot at being a contender that will rake in money.

    Somewhere they got lost and missed the boat.

    Take T-bow out of the mix right now, remove him from the team in your mind. Botton line, we have a D that holds up, if you have a top QB you need somewhat serviceable players on offense, if you have a somewhat serviciable QB, you need top offensive playmakers, we have neither. this falls on Tanny and Rex, not Woody. T-bow is not even in the equation except for the media.

    If his name was not "T-Bow", he would not even be of intrest. if his name was Smith, Johnson or Goldburg he would not even be relevant.
    Yea, but Peyton never wanted to come here anyway. No way was he going to finish out his great career with this mess of a Franchise.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yea, but Peyton never wanted to come here anyway. No way was he going to finish out his great career with this mess of a Franchise.
    Correct. It took Manning all of 8 seconds to tell the Jets no.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Correct. It took Manning all of 8 seconds to tell the Jets "lol, no. GFY, lameasses".
    Fixed for accuracy.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If that's what you meant, then yes. I definitely believe Tebow2NY was a complete Woody move.
    But you recognize that there were valid football reasons for bringing him in, and that it's your opinion that this was completely a PR move

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    But you recognize that there were valid football reasons for bringing him in, and that it's your opinion that this was completely a PR move
    A complete PR move? No. A complete WOODY move? Yes.

    There are minimal football reasons for bringing Tim in (great on 3rd and short, "WC", leadership, etc), but my main opinion is that Woody brought him here for the attention above all else. ****, why wouldn't he? If this were my Franchise and I had the chance to bring in the most polarizing football player in YEARS, do you honestly believe I would stop short of pimping out my own mother to get him here? Ohhhhhhhhhh no. No. No, no, no. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Uptowngreengang View Post
    Interesting note from one of the sports analysts. The number of people who have lost their jobs as a result of the Tim Tebow factor is interesting and is sure to rise at the end of this season.

    Josh McDaniels
    Kyle Orton

    Possibly:
    Mike Tannenbaum
    Rex Ryan
    Tony Sparano
    Matt Slauson
    "Anonymous" teammates. At least those who the front office believes talked off the record

    At the end of the day they have to ask themselves, was all of this worth it. Congratulations Mr. Tannenbaum. Your career as a GM will be defined by this failed experiment.
    Because those folks will lose their jobs because of Tebows play on the field, not Sanchez's. Not because of their own failures, right?

    What a fail thread this is. The silly baseless hatred of Tebow just oozes from it.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Because those folks will lose their jobs because of Tebows play on the field, not Sanchez's. Not because of their own failures, right?

    What a fail thread this is. The silly baseless hatred of Tebow just oozes from it.
    Makes as much sense as firing a coach because the punter was bad.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A complete PR move? No. A complete WOODY move? Yes.

    There are minimal football reasons for bringing Tim in (great on 3rd and short, "WC", leadership, etc), but my main opinion is that Woody brought him here for the attention above all else. ****, why wouldn't he? If this were my Franchise and I had the chance to bring in the most polarizing football player in YEARS, do you honestly believe I would stop short of pimping out my own mother to get him here? Ohhhhhhhhhh no. No. No, no, no. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Can't say that I disagree.

    The specific point that I'm making though is actually one that C Man made earlier, which is that no one really knows. At best, one can offer the OPINION that Woody forced the move AND that it was done for PR reasons.

    That said, it's also completely possible that Tanny, Rex and Sparano wanted Tebow here for "valid football reasons".


    As outsiders, we just don't know. We might have opinions, but they are just that.




    Going further, there are a number of ways where it could have been both. Perhaps Woody saw both sides, the football side and the PR value, and it was a win/win for him. Maybe Rex and company wanted Tebow for football reasons, and had to run such a decision by Woody and woody was all for it either purely for PR, or for both.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 11-18-2012 at 12:54 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Can't say that I disagree.

    The specific point that I'm making though is actually one that C Man made earlier, which is that no one really knows. At best, one can offer the OPINION that Woody forced the move AND that it was done for PR reasons.

    That said, it's also completely possible that Tanny, Rex and Sparano wanted Tebow here for "valid football reasons".


    As outsiders, we just don't know. We might have opinions, but they are just that.




    Going further, there are a number of ways where it could have been both. Perhaps Woody saw both sides, the football side and the PR value, and it was a win/win for him. Maybe Rex and company wanted Tebow for football reasons, and had to run such a decision by Woody and woody was all for it either purely for PR, or for both.
    Of course. I've had this idea for some time that you can be 99% sure about some things and have a good idea.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Of course. I've had this idea for some time that you can be 99% sure about some things and have a good idea.
    Are you just sitting here waiting for SEC to come back with:

    "Derp, 6 games" again ????




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us