Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They didn't pack it in

All League

They didn't pack it in

I'll give credit where credit is due, and I'll eat crow while doing so. I thought for sure this team was going to give up and pack it in for remainder of the season, and they didn't, they came to play today.

Say what you will about the Rams, and this win certainly doesn't mean anything going forward, but I will admit I thought they were done with the lossing steak piling up and all the locker room stuff coming out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I'll give credit where credit is due, and I'll eat crow while doing so. I thought for sure this team was going to give up and pack it in for remainder of the season, and they didn't, they came to play today.

Say what you will about the Rams, and this win certainly doesn't mean anything going forward, but I will admit I thought they were done with the lossing steak piling up and all the locker room stuff coming out this week.
    It proves that the majority of the fanbase and the media was wrong about the locker room crap.

It also proves the schtick on this board that think Rex is in over his head, that he's lost the team is also a bunch of crap.

It says a lot about the character of this team despite the masses that were piling on. It says a lot about Rex.

If the Jets beat the Pats, it's a new season.

Rex, Sanchez, the team have dealt with a ton, injuries have been the biggest problem, and then a team playing with young players going through growing pains, and the team overall, especially on offense, missing key players in key roles. For example, Powell, how big was he today? He was our 3rd down back, the RB we put in to help with pass protection, and he missed 5 weeks during that losing streak, he was HUGE today, and it's great to see him healthy.

It's a long season, F the media and their agenda, fans need to be smarter than to buy into their crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It proves that the majority of the fanbase and the media was wrong about the locker room crap.

It also proves the schtick on this board that think Rex is in over his head, that he's lost the team is also a bunch of crap.

It says a lot about the character of this team despite the masses that were piling on. It says a lot about Rex.

Rex, Sanchez, the team have dealt with a ton, injuries have been the biggest problem, and then a team playing with young players going through growing pains, and the team overall, especially on offense, missing key players in key roles. For example, Powell, how big was he today? He was our 3rd down back, the RB we put in to help with pass protection, and he missed 5 weeks during that losing streak, he was HUGE today, and it's great to see him healthy.

It's a long season, F the media and their agenda, fans need to be smarter than to buy into their crap!
    As reliable as the sun coming up....

Ray Ray, get ready......The rest of JI is coming to git ya, Sucka!

EDIT : Conkboy beats me to it. Like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I love his enthusiasm... I just hate when he rips people without the same sunglasses as him...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

They beat the Rams!!! Lets be realistic, the Rams are not a good team. If we beat the Pats, then there is something to talk about.

Rex Ryan is a great motivator. No one really questions that. The problem people have with Rex is in game management, handling the offense and keeping the locker room under control.

All League

I don't start a lot of threads, I wish you'd stay out of them when I do. You turned the purpose of the thread to givng credit for 1 game, essentially for the team not quitting, and you turn it into something about how fans suck, the Jets proving things going forward and all that bs.

Your schtick is just as terrible as anyones on here. The blind pessimists and the blind optimists are equally annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I don't start a lot of threads, I wish you'd stay out of them when I do. You turned the purpose of the thread to givng credit for 1 game, essentially for the team not quitting, and you turn it into something about how fans suck, the Jets proving things going forward and all that bs.

Your schtick is just as terrible as anyones on here. The blind pessimists and the blind optimists are equally annoying.
    This win just makes the next game enjoyable... While our hopes are remote at least we still have something to play for in a big game at home... Lets see what they bring to the table next week.... I didn't mean to put your thread in a different direction...

Hall Of Fame
    We beat up on the Rams. We are a bully team.

They are professionals. Effort should be automatic. If they didn't give effort then that would be a major problem.

We are in Year 4 of this program, a win against the Rams should be expected. It is not a milestone.

Thanks to you guys for schooling me about the rollercoaster ride that is the Jets. Because of you I predicted that we'd win this game! The rollercoaster continues.

On the other hand, Henne is looking good for the Jags. Currently in double OT against Houston. Screw JJ Watts!

p.s. oops. At least the Jags looked good losing this week. Go Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We beat up on the Rams. We are a bully team.

They are professionals. Effort should be automatic. If they didn't give effort then that would be a major problem.

We are in Year 4 of this program, a win against the Rams should be expected. It is not a milestone.
    They are a bully team. The thing is that after New England, all the other teams have losing records. They can (not saying they will) bully their way to 9-7.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    This win just makes the next game enjoyable... While our hopes are remote at least we still have something to play for in a big game at home... Lets see what they bring to the table next week.... I didn't mean to put your thread in a different direction...
    You didn't. No worries.

I love his enthusiasm... I just hate when he rips people without the same sunglasses as him...
    Maybe he wears Sparano's sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    A Win against the Dolphags should be expected, too. Just saying....

Any win at this point is a good one....UNLESS we are out of it and need the losses to increase our Draft position.

The only thing it proves is that the Rams are a lot worse than us...

Who did I rip?

It's sad that the fan base is now attacking ME because the Jets won.

Sorry that the Jets ruined yoru SOJF season, and opportunities to wear your bags at the Patriot game on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    The only thing it proves is that the Rams are a lot worse than us...
    They are obviously not a real good team, and have their own issues, but they are playing physical football and have played well in spurts, as was the case last week against the 49ers...

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Yes, I should get ready for the fanbase attacking me because the jets won???

Jets Insider VIP
    Who did I rip?

It's sad that the fan base is now attacking ME because the Jets won.

Sorry that the Jets ruined yoru SOJF season, and opportunities to wear your bags at the Patriot game on Thursday.

Are you really that blind?

According to you, everyone who doesn't view the Jets as a contender is a "SOJF".

Hell, the OP doesn't even want you in his thread for f*ck sake.