Thread: Bilal Powell

Jets Insider VIP

Bilal Powell

Not sure if it's the jersey number, but he reminds me a bit of Adrian Murrell. Thick lower body with a nice burst in the hole. What do you guys think?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not sure if it's the jersey number, but he reminds me a bit of Adrian Murrell. Thick lower body with a nice burst in the hole. What do you guys think?
    That sounds suspiciously homo. You OK?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That sounds suspiciously homo. You OK?
    THAT made you question?

Seriously, I think the comparison is valid. Hopefully the coaching staff will recognize what Powell brings to the table faster than they did with Murrell.

All Pro
    I think its a valid comparison. He has the best burst out of all the backs and has some power behind him.

I don't know how the coaching staff could think Greene is significantly better than Powell

Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post
    I think its a valid comparison. He has the best burst out of all the backs and has some power behind him.

I don't know how the coaching staff could think Greene is significantly better than Powell
    It is incomprehensible to me how powell could not be getting more carries then greene, although his injury came at the worst possible time as greene was struggling.

Powell has the ability to see a hole, cut, and hit it....greene doesn't, thats pretty much all we need to see

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I love the way he hits the hole and gets penetration. When he gets into a rhythm he can definitely tear up the backfield. Very explosive finisher.

Bilal Powell deserves to be getting the most carries. Powell WON the RB competition in TC. He beat out Joe McKnight and lets face it, he also beat out Shonn Greene.

If he can stay healthy, everyone should look forward to what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I love the way he hits the hole and gets penetration. When he gets into a rhythm he can definitely tear up the backfield. Very explosive finisher.
    Remember a few years back someone started a thread about giving Leon and TTY (at the peak of his powers) a nickname.

Maybe it was ahead of its time but now we have....wait for it....wait for it... Boom Boom Pow!!

All League
    ^ Ohhhhh, I likey

According to some numb nuts around here Powell is a bust.
    That conclusion was made after 1 carry in Denver last year.
    He reminds me of Kevin Faulk & he'll be a good versatile back once we find a true bell cow.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    According to some numb nuts around here Powell is a bust.
    That conclusion was made after 1 carry in Denver last year.
    He reminds me of Kevin Faulk & he'll be a good versatile back once we find a true bell cow.
    Yep, he's s decent versatile threat on his own. But with another legit RB partner - they could be devastating

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just give the guy some balls, 10-15 touches. And he's got soft hands, so Sanchez should be giving him some looks.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Hes a Stronger Leon I feel....But today he showed some wiggle and I cant wait to see them live on Thanks giving....Great won and much needed for morale purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by Pavilion View Post

Because the coaching staff sucks. (crap in, crap out)

I just can't picture how this team isn't better with a heavy dose of Powell (and McKnight) early in games. Guys who can take advantage of over-aggressive defenses with ability see cutback lanes and make moves in the open field.

Then when the defense starts to wear down, that's when you hit them with the war machine. Greene was an excellent finisher toward the end of the '09 season and in '10. Can't help but think it's better for all 3 backs if it works that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I just can't picture how this team isn't better with a heavy dose of Powell (and McKnight) early in games. Guys who can take advantage of over-aggressive defenses with ability see cutback lanes and make moves in the open field.

Then when the defense starts to wear down, that's when you hit them with the war machine. Greene was an excellent finisher toward the end of the '09 season and in '10. Can't help but think it's better for all 3 backs if it works that way.
    Very well said. I cannot understand what the staff needs to see in order to figure out that we are a better offense with powell in teh game.

1. The threat of the RB actually running a pattern is there
    2. He can actually pick up a blitz
    3. He can cut and find a hole in the second level.

There is simply no way greene would have scored on the second TD run. He only know 1 direction, straight forward.

Powell is a very good 1 cut runner and also has the power to run between the tackles at 210 lbs. I really hope we feature him this thursday

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Very well said. I cannot understand what the staff needs to see in order to figure out that we are a better offense with powell in teh game.

1. The threat of the RB actually running a pattern is there
    2. He can actually pick up a blitz
    3. He can cut and find a hole in the second level.

There is simply no way greene would have scored on the second TD run. He only know 1 direction, straight forward.

Powell is a very good 1 cut runner and also has the power to run between the tackles at 210 lbs. I really hope we feature him this thursday
    Agree 1000%. Greene runs right into that defender that Powell cut around. Greene gets 4 yards on that play, Powell scored. The added dimension in the passing game is the biggest difference, I have been preaching this all season that getting the RBs involved in the passing game will be a huge help to Mark.

McKnight got us going in the run game actually. He and Powell should be playing at least 70% of the snaps .... Greene is the 3rd best RB on our roster

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I don't think he is durable.

has a legitimate role on an NFL roster but more than 100-120 carries/yr would be a bad idea.