Thread: 2011 Draft - Rush to judgement?

2011 Draft - Rush to judgement?

Im not defending tannenbaum as a whole. He has traded away too many picks, and more importantly has not valued character enough when bringing free agents in here. That being said he has been getting CRUSHED here lately about his drafts and I personally think that is ridiculous and it really showed today.

I hope everyone ripping his drafts take a step back and look at the production we are getting from our 2011 class.

Wilkerson was an absolute beast yet again and is having a great year.

Kerley had 2 big catches and is also having a very good season.

Powell actually CUT BACK to find a hole, something shonne greene has never done. I personally think he deserves more and more carries as the season goes on.

We also have kenrick ellis, who has been hurt but has played well when hes been out there and will take longer to develop as NT is a difficult position.

Drafting is far from an exact science and no one hits on every pick, but if you want to rip the vlad ducasse picks, then you should also give credit to a pick like wilkerson or a find like kerley.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Im not defending tannenbaum as a whole. He has traded away too many picks, and more importantly has not valued character enough when bringing free agents in here. That being said he has been getting CRUSHED here lately about his drafts and I personally think that is ridiculous and it really showed today.

I hope everyone ripping his drafts take a step back and look at the production we are getting from our 2011 class.

Powell actually CUT BACK to find a hole, something shonne greene has never done. I personally think he deserves more and more carries as the season goes on.

We also have kenrick ellis, who has been hurt but has played well when hes been out there and will take longer to develop as NT is a difficult position.

Drafting is far from an exact science and no one hits on every pick, but if you want to rip the vlad ducasse picks, then you should also give credit to a pick like wilkerson or a find like kerley.
    The last two drafts have been much better in terms of keeping all the picks and getting younger on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Wilkerson and Kerley have clearly shown some game. Jury out on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Wilkerson and Kerley have clearly shown some game. Jury out on the others.
    Totally agree. Wilkerson just has been ripped on the board and its so ridiculous, he has been unreal the last couple weeks and deserves credit. If our LBs could actually make a tackle, it would be great.

I also love powell and honestly thought that the 1st miami game was going to be his breakout game and then he got hurt. "One cut" runners are vital in todays NFL and thats what he is. He is also strong enough to run between the tackles, can catch and can pass protect.

A player like powell is exactly why this staff is so fustrating. Greene reached his ceiling, there is nothing more he can improve....yet powell could be a JAG or he could be the next ahmad bradshaw, we just dont know and never will unless we give him a prominent role.