Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Yes, because it is so inconceivable that there may be more than 1 factor which causes our offense to be so pedestrian

Sanchez sucking does not cancel out the fact that we have a below average receiving core in the same way that Sanchez playing well today does not cancel out the fact that our Defense still cannot tackle or that Hill left 2 huge plays out on the field today.

I really don't see how hard it is to understand that there are multiple causes for this team being 4-6. Sanchez playing well is not going to guarantee that this team will win the remainder of their games.
    This is what is so ridiculous. 178 and 1 TD and thats PLAYING WELL? Against an awful secondary?

I am not denying that we need better skill position players....but what we have can still win games, as long as our QB doesnt have red zone picks and fumbles when he gets sacked.

We had poor oline play today, drops by WRs and some missed tackles, but still had a solid win....because sanchez didnt turn it over.

Its never ALL on 1 player, but the QB is the by far the most important player on the field. We can blame tanny or rex all we want, at the end of the day sanchez (or whoever our QB is) is the most important piece to whether we win or lose

This has been Sanchez's career. One good game followed by multiple bad ones.

He did have some nice throws today. I'd like to see him stop stepping up into sacks and have a better idea where pressure is coming from. For instance the early strip where fortunately the ball bounced back to him. If Sanchez can have another efficient game this thursday that would be nice. It is hard to get excited about beating teams with losing records... sorry.

I'm happy sanchez did enough to help the jets win and not enough to help them lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    The RBs had something like 40+ more yards than last week, the D won the turnover battle and the O produced 27 points, but what eaglenj said is "spot-on"? If it's all on Sanchez, than it's always all on Sanchez, pro and con. I'm praising him for playing well, but by no means did he win this game, it was also because of what I just said.
    Oh, my bad, forgive me for actually talking about what he said, instead of what you interpreted.

Todays game was very similar to last week. The Defense played very well but had some issues with stopping the run. They just didnt get completely gassed in the 2nd half because the offense actually gave them a break and drove the ball.

Special teams had multiple errors

Oline let up 4 sacks

Wide Receivers dropped passes

But for some reason, we won today and got blown out of seattle. What could possibly be the reason?
    WRs dropped passes, as they have in other games. Oline gave up 4 sacks, as they have in other games. Special Teams had errors, as they have in other games.

Running game was better, but it's not like we dropped 200yds on them.

The big difference today was that we didn't turn the ball over giving the other team extra possessions in good field position, and we capitalized on their turnovers.

I mean, we had a grand total of 1 drive on offense that was over 40 yards.

sanchez beat a team today worse than ours. lets not get crazy.

Hall Of Fame
    It was a good game for Mark. We have seen it before. If the running game is very good and he can be effective. But he did display some of his bad habits as well.

My issue is in Year 4 that we feel the need to pat them on the back for having a good game. At this point he should be able to string together 3 or 4 really good games. And that doesn't just go for Mark, it goes for the entire team.

And the opponent matters. We are a bully team. Would be nice to see us beat a winning team. It has been a while. Hard to be optimistic b.c we have seen then lay an egg after a good game before.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Even if/when we get a new QB we're still going to need to get better skill players, ours are arguably the worst in the league. Not sure how you don't get that.

I'm pretty sure that most people do get that. Look at Jacksonville. Team completely sucks right ? No weapons at all for Gabbert. Henne steps in and drops freaking 37 points on them in forcing the game to overtime.

Who in the world are Marcedes Lewis and Cecil Shorts III? Are they "elite" "stud" WRs ?

Is it just me or is it sad that we have to boost our QB when he passes for 178 yards and 1 TD? What I was today was a team that ran the ball on 3rd and 16 because they are too scared of their QB throwing the game away. It wasn't until we had a good lead did they really let Sanchez have the ball. Yeah he did good but if coaching him to his strength means not trusting him to get a lead we have issues. 1 good game in the last 9 doesn't mean he is finally getting it. He has talent around him he needs to use it. This is no where near the worst WR core in the league.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Oh, my bad, forgive me for actually talking about what he said, instead of what you interpreted.

WRs dropped passes, as they have in other games. Oline gave up 4 sacks, as they have in other games. Special Teams had errors, as they have in other games.

Running game was better, but it's not like we dropped 200yds on them.

The big difference today was that we didn't turn the ball over giving the other team extra possessions in good field position, and we capitalized on their turnovers.

I mean, we had a grand total of 1 drive on offense that was over 40 yards.
    What did I interpret? I simply stated the facts, do you deny them? They had significantly more rushing yards, won the turnover battle and put up 27 points on offense versus none the previous week. I'm also pretty sure we didn't capitalize on the INT either. Where did I "interpret" any of that?

You act like I am saying Sanchez won the game on his own. He played well (yes well since he had an all-important, very high completion % ) and that I hope it continues. Sorry for you it wasn't Tebow like you hoped, being a fan of his and all. Me, I'm just happy that the JETS won and the player I happen to like had a hand in helping that come to pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who cares?

Yeah, efficient performance by Sanchez. But as someone mentioned earlier, it won't mean dick if he lays an egg against the Pats.

This is just part of the same old song and dance. Sanchez plays like sh*t for a month straight, has one solid performance to inspire hope, then reverts back into the same gun-shy, turnover prone QB.

How about Sanchez strings together 3 or 4 good performances in a row, then I'll be willing to give credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    What did I interpret? I simply stated the facts, do you deny them? They had significantly more rushing yards, won the turnover battle and put up 27 points on offense versus none the previous week. I'm also pretty sure we didn't capitalize on the INT either. Where did I "interpret" any of that?

You act like I am saying Sanchez won the game on his own. He played well (yes well since he had an all-important, very high completion % ) and that I hope it continues. Sorry for you it wasn't Tebow like you hoped, being a fan of his and all. Me, I'm just happy that the JETS won and the player I happen to like had a hand in helping that come to pass.

Dude, Tebow has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. The overall point that Eagle made was that as far as the rest of the team goes, we still had our same problems. What was the big difference this week ? Mark Sanchez played better. he made better decisions. He took care of the ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that most people do get that. Look at Jacksonville. Team completely sucks right ? No weapons at all for Gabbert. Henne steps in and drops freaking 37 points on them in forcing the game to overtime.

Who in the world are Marcedes Lewis and Cecil Shorts III? Are they "elite" "stud" WRs ?
    Henne played well today, but he can't sustain that. I want the Jets to win a Superbowl - we'll need a better QB to do that. And better runningbacks. Receivers. Tight ends. Offensive linemen. Linebackers. There's one probowl caliber player on the entire roster. We have major issues that go well beyond the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Henne played well today, but he can't sustain that. I want the Jets to win a Superbowl - we'll need a better QB to do that. And better runningbacks. Receivers. Tight ends. Offensive linemen. Linebackers. There's one probowl caliber player on the entire roster. We have major issues that go well beyond the QB.
    He probably can't sustain that. The point was, a simple change at QB produced dramatically different results, even though the rest of the entire roster remained the same. That one upgrade just made a huge difference. That happens with the QB position as it's the most vital position on the field. You're talking about what's needed to win a SB. I'm talking about what's needed just to get into the playoffs

Jets Insider VIP
    I mean, how sad is it that we're thrilled with Sanchez anytime he doesn't singlehandedly cost us a game?

Is this what everyone envisioned where we would be with this kid 4 years ago?

We went from thinking that we might have something special to being perfectly content if Sanchez turns into the next Trent Dilfer.

Sanchez also looked good against the Bills and Patriots this year. What happened after that?

All League
    Sanchez played well today. Made a few very vice throws. If the running game can't get going, either does Sanchez. At this point, I do not believe he can lead this team himself. He wasn't asked to do much but games like this make me believe that mark could be a productive QB at some point.

He did play better than he's played since opening week. However, I think it would be more appropriate to temper our enthusiasm.

This was the lowly Rams that we beat up on today. That hasn't been any special feat for a long time now.

They also have one of the worst OC's in the league directing their offense.

Ultimately, it's a good game for him and I'll give him credit.

But does it mean we can win the big game with him? Not by a long shot.

So I'll never be satisfied. I want the Jets to win it all. I mean after all, isn't that the objective behind this game?

All Pro
    I agree he had some nice throws in a dome against a 3-6 team. Maybe woody needs to buy a dome

Sanchez did a good job today. He protected the ball - a major improvement over last week. Since I've been schooled about the rollercoaster, I predicted a win today over a team that's as bad as ours.

Next game against the Pats, I don't know what will happen. On the one hand, we almost beat them last time. On the other hand, did you see them annihilate the Colts today?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Sanchez did a good job today. He protected the ball - a major improvement over last week. Since I've been schooled about the rollercoaster, I predicted a win today over a team that's as bad as ours.

Next game against the Pats, I don't know what will happen. On the one hand, we almost beat them last time. On the other hand, did you see them annihilate the Colts today?
    I think that's good news for us because had they lost to the Colts, they'd be pissed as hell coming into MetLifeless stadium.....

Too bad about Gronk, though.... Too Too bad, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I mean, how sad is it that we're thrilled with Sanchez anytime he doesn't singlehandedly cost us a game?

Is this what everyone envisioned where we would be with this kid 4 years ago?

We went from thinking that we might have something special to being perfectly content if Sanchez turns into the next Trent Dilfer.
    Jesus just STFU already

Nobody is saying Sanchez finally arrived, it was one game, maybe hes finally gaining some chemistry with the players around him who finally appear to be getting healthy at a crucial point in the season, how about just enjoying the improvements in his game today and leave it at that, without your boring and overplayed agenda?