Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 107

Thread: Mark Sanchez

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,913

    Mark Sanchez

    Had an efficient, workman-like performance today. It also seemed like the gameplan was more tailored to his skillset. By no means was he spectacular, but there's no denying that he played well.

    As I said in the gameday thread, Tebow could've relieved Sanchez and lead the Jets to a win and I'd be happy. But given the scorn and vitriol directed at Sanchez as of late, I feel that it's appropriate to give credit where it's due.

    BTW, it's disappointing that the more vocal of his critics are unable/unwilling to have discussions about this. There's at least two posters I am talking about and their silence during a Jets win in which Sanchez played well further points to their troll status as far as I'm concerned.

    Here's (cautiously) hoping Sanchez can build on this going forward into the showdown with the Pats.

  2. #2
    Good game for Mark finally. Won't matter if he lays an egg against the Pats.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Had an efficient, workman-like performance today. It also seemed like the gameplan was more tailored to his skillset. By no means was he spectacular, but there's no denying that he played well.

    As I said in the gameday thread, Tebow could've relieved Sanchez and lead the Jets to a win and I'd be happy. But given the scorn and vitriol directed at Sanchez as of late, I feel that it's appropriate to give credit where it's due.

    BTW, it's disappointing that the more vocal of his critics are unable/unwilling to have discussions about this. There's at least two posters I am talking about and their silence during a Jets win in which Sanchez played well further points to their troll status as far as I'm concerned.

    Here's (cautiously) hoping Sanchez can build on this going forward into the showdown with the Pats.

    Until he is at the very least efficient on a consistent basis he will be bashed...

  4. #4
    Todays game was very similar to last week. The Defense played very well but had some issues with stopping the run. They just didnt get completely gassed in the 2nd half because the offense actually gave them a break and drove the ball.

    Special teams had multiple errors

    Oline let up 4 sacks

    Wide Receivers dropped passes

    But for some reason, we won today and got blown out of seattle. What could possibly be the reason?

    Oh - our QB actually did his job, managed the game, and most importantly didnt turn the ball over at all. 4 sacks, NONE of which killed the team because he didnt fumble.

    The supporting cast didnt get better today (although Powell needs to be getting 20 + carries per week) what changed was the QB play....which really should end the debate of everyone else being blamed when sanchez plays poorly

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Had an efficient, workman-like performance today. It also seemed like the gameplan was more tailored to his skillset. By no means was he spectacular, but there's no denying that he played well.

    As I said in the gameday thread, Tebow could've relieved Sanchez and lead the Jets to a win and I'd be happy. But given the scorn and vitriol directed at Sanchez as of late, I feel that it's appropriate to give credit where it's due.

    BTW, it's disappointing that the more vocal of his critics are unable/unwilling to have discussions about this. There's at least two posters I am talking about and their silence during a Jets win in which Sanchez played well further points to their troll status as far as I'm concerned.

    Here's (cautiously) hoping Sanchez can build on this going forward into the showdown with the Pats.
    THats what's so frustrating. he has talent. but lets remember....this was a weak Defense.

    the few times he was under pressure he showed the old Mark. A few balls thrown low, one or two high etc.

    he is a good QB who plays poorly too often.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,913
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Todays game was very similar to last week. The Defense played very well but had some issues with stopping the run. They just didnt get completely gassed in the 2nd half because the offense actually gave them a break and drove the ball.

    Special teams had multiple errors

    Oline let up 4 sacks

    Wide Receivers dropped passes

    But for some reason, we won today and got blown out of seattle. What could possibly be the reason?

    Oh - our QB actually did his job, managed the game, and most importantly didnt turn the ball over at all. 4 sacks, NONE of which killed the team because he didnt fumble.

    The supporting cast didnt get better today (although Powell needs to be getting 20 + carries per week) what changed was the QB play....which really should end the debate of everyone else being blamed when sanchez plays poorly
    I disagree with that. The running game was head & shoulders better today. Yes, the defense played reasonably well again and there were a few drops, but there definitely was a noticeable contribution by the RBs that wasn't there previously. And if you disagree, than all the MORE credit to Sanchez for overcoming it (I don't agree with that, I think the help is what led to a good game).

  7. #7
    I was watching with a friend from Europe, who has seen maybe 25 plays of (american) football in his life. This is what he said about Sanchez in the first half: "Why does he hold the ball so long?" and "He looks nervous back there."

    That was early in the game. And it was right. Looks like the Jets gave Sanchez a little more time after that crap start. And the receivers started to get open.

    Sanchez has one of the best pump fakes in the game, as seen on that TD pass to Schilens. Is it me or has Sparano hardly used it at all this season? Or do I get too drunk to remember?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    THats what's so frustrating. he has talent. but lets remember....this was a weak Defense.

    the few times he was under pressure he showed the old Mark. A few balls thrown low, one or two high etc.

    he is a good QB who plays poorly too often.
    Sounds like he needs good coaching......

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Todays game was very similar to last week. The Defense played very well but had some issues with stopping the run. They just didnt get completely gassed in the 2nd half because the offense actually gave them a break and drove the ball.

    Special teams had multiple errors

    Oline let up 4 sacks

    Wide Receivers dropped passes

    But for some reason, we won today and got blown out of seattle. What could possibly be the reason?

    Oh - our QB actually did his job, managed the game, and most importantly didnt turn the ball over at all. 4 sacks, NONE of which killed the team because he didnt fumble.

    The supporting cast didnt get better today (although Powell needs to be getting 20 + carries per week) what changed was the QB play....which really should end the debate of everyone else being blamed when sanchez plays poorly
    We were playing a much much worse team and opposing QB. That was another difference.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,913
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I was watching with a friend from Europe, who has seen maybe 25 plays of (american) football in his life. This is what he said about Sanchez in the first half: "Why does he hold the ball so long?" and "He looks nervous back there."

    That was early in the game. And it was right. Looks like the Jets gave Sanchez a little more time after that crap start. And the receivers started to get open.

    Sanchez has one of the best pump fakes in the game, as seen on that TD pass to Schilens. Is it me or has Sparano hardly used it at all this season? Or do I get too drunk to remember?
    Your friend would be hard to argue with on those points.

    I agree about his pump fakes, as well as his play fakes. Problem is, they also get him in trouble sometimes as (I think) he loses track of what is going on in the secondary, like his mind doesn't take a mental picture of the lay of the land.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I disagree with that. The running game was head & shoulders better today. Yes, the defense played reasonably well again and there were a few drops, but there definitely was a noticeable contribution by the RBs that wasn't there previously. And if you disagree, than all the MORE credit to Sanchez for overcoming it (I don't agree with that, I think the help is what led to a good game).

    I really don't want to put a damper on things, but, the running game produced a 124 yards, and Total offense was 289 yards. A win is a win, but it's not like the offense was a juggernaut today. eaglenj is pretty much spot on.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Todays game was very similar to last week. The Defense played very well but had some issues with stopping the run. They just didnt get completely gassed in the 2nd half because the offense actually gave them a break and drove the ball.

    Special teams had multiple errors

    Oline let up 4 sacks

    Wide Receivers dropped passes

    But for some reason, we won today and got blown out of seattle. What could possibly be the reason?

    Oh - our QB actually did his job, managed the game, and most importantly didnt turn the ball over at all. 4 sacks, NONE of which killed the team because he didnt fumble.

    The supporting cast didnt get better today (although Powell needs to be getting 20 + carries per week) what changed was the QB play....which really should end the debate of everyone else being blamed when sanchez plays poorly
    Yes, because it is so inconceivable that there may be more than 1 factor which causes our offense to be so pedestrian

    Sanchez sucking does not cancel out the fact that we have a below average receiving core in the same way that Sanchez playing well today does not cancel out the fact that our Defense still cannot tackle or that Hill left 2 huge plays out on the field today.

    I really don't see how hard it is to understand that there are multiple causes for this team being 4-6. Sanchez playing well is not going to guarantee that this team will win the remainder of their games.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I disagree with that. The running game was head & shoulders better today. Yes, the defense played reasonably well again and there were a few drops, but there definitely was a noticeable contribution by the RBs that wasn't there previously. And if you disagree, than all the MORE credit to Sanchez for overcoming it (I don't agree with that, I think the help is what led to a good game).
    I think you misinterpreted what I said....the running game was better (not by a ton though, greene had some good runs, but still 70ish yards isnt great).

    What I meant was that all the people saying "we havent given sanchez enough around him to succeed", those players didnt change today. They were better when we didnt turn it over after getting into the redzone. The defense didnt fall apart in the 4th quarter because they actually were able to rest and werent facing a short field all day.

    Good QB play makes the team around them better....thats what we need

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think you misinterpreted what I said....the running game was better (not by a ton though, greene had some good runs, but still 70ish yards isnt great).

    What I meant was that all the people saying "we havent given sanchez enough around him to succeed", those players didnt change today. They were better when we didnt turn it over after getting into the redzone. The defense didnt fall apart in the 4th quarter because they actually were able to rest and werent facing a short field all day.

    Good QB play makes the team around them better....thats what we need
    The Jets played a team that was worse than them today, so all facets of the game looked better (except specials).

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I really don't want to put a damper on things, but, the running game produced a 124 yards, and Total offense was 289 yards. A win is a win, but it's not like the offense was a juggernaut today. eaglenj is pretty much spot on.
    The RBs had something like 40+ more yards than last week, the D won the turnover battle and the O produced 27 points, but what eaglenj said is "spot-on"? If it's all on Sanchez, than it's always all on Sanchez, pro and con. I'm praising him for playing well, but by no means did he win this game, it was also because of what I just said.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,913
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think you misinterpreted what I said....the running game was better (not by a ton though, greene had some good runs, but still 70ish yards isnt great).

    What I meant was that all the people saying "we havent given sanchez enough around him to succeed", those players didnt change today. They were better when we didnt turn it over after getting into the redzone. The defense didnt fall apart in the 4th quarter because they actually were able to rest and werent facing a short field all day.

    Good QB play makes the team around them better....thats what we need
    I agree, to an extent. There still isn't enough around him for the Jets to succeed with this kind of effort against a team significantly better than the Rams. That is what is so disconcerting about facing the Pats. Hopefully it will boost his confidence a bit and lead to more of the same as far as performance, which in turn will add to their chances for success.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,314
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I think you misinterpreted what I said....the running game was better (not by a ton though, greene had some good runs, but still 70ish yards isnt great).

    What I meant was that all the people saying "we havent given sanchez enough around him to succeed", those players didnt change today. They were better when we didnt turn it over after getting into the redzone. The defense didnt fall apart in the 4th quarter because they actually were able to rest and werent facing a short field all day.

    Good QB play makes the team around them better....thats what we need
    Even if/when we get a new QB we're still going to need to get better skill players, ours are arguably the worst in the league. Not sure how you don't get that.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,545
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets played a team that was worse than them today, so all facets of the game looked better (except specials).
    under that logic we will only have 4 wins as there are only 4 or so teams worse than us


    How boUt that NC State Defense.

  19. #19
    Suckchez has the skills to be a very good qb. It is his decision-making, accuracy, and inconsistency which make him look like garbage. If he can put it all together we can definitely win with him. The problem is he is 4 yrs in and still makes the dumb rookie mistakes.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    under that logic we will only have 4 wins as there are only 4 or so teams worse than us


    How boUt that NC State Defense.
    LOL....I was actually worried about that game. State did put up 48 points. Clemson offense when it is clicking is tough, it will always be about their defense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us