Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107

Thread: Mark Sanchez

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    well at least you don't have to waste your thanksgiving watching football. do you think the browns have a show against the steelers?
    I'll be at the game, actually. My brother-in-law is a Patriots fan. It's nice that I can enjoy it with him after gorging on food and honestly hope his team wins for the good of my team.

    I hate the Patriots in all seriousness, but finishing between 9-7 or 7-9 is not helping this team get the draft slots it needs. I'm hoping for a demoralizing blowout with such ineptitude from Sanchez that Tebow finally gets a start, which fails miserably over a winless end of the season, leading to the realization of the owner that Tebow is worthless in any capacity at all that can get this clown off this team and a draft slot can be secured that is high enough enabling a trade down to stockpile more picks in 2013, to facilitate a trade up that year for Jadaveon Clowney.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 11-19-2012 at 12:33 PM.

  2. #62
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,680
    On the 3rd and 3 pass play in Rams territory, why did Mark opt for the secondary receiver (Reuland) and not Hill who appeared to be open on a slant. I wonder if he doesn't have condfidence in Hill's catching ability or if maybe he thought Reuland was in a position to get more yardage? Anybody hear any comments about this after the game? I didn't and am curious.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    New England's defense just crapped on Luck.

    And Luck is better than Sanchez while being surrounded by slightly better talent in Wayne.

    This game will not be pretty. New England's defense, with all that young talent is starting to hit its stride. Talib was an outstanding acquisition for essentially nothing and he had a pick 6 days after joining the squad.

    This is an entirely different New England team than the first matchup. The defense is starting to gel.

    This will not be close. Especially with the short week which gives New England an advantage.

    This is why they Play the Games, Marsico.

    What you would EXPECT to happen could turn out differently.....

    Should be an interesting game, to say the least....


    But here's one thing that hasn't changed :


    The Patsie Pass Defense still sucks royal donkey-dong.

    Even Mark(like last time) will have success throwing on them.

    The *key* is him making the correct reads and NOT HESITATING(no triple-pump fakes) when throwing the ball.

    Of course, I'm hoping that the 3-RB-by-Committee thing is still in effect.....

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    On the 3rd and 3 pass play in Rams territory, why did Mark opt for the secondary receiver (Reuland) and not Hill who appeared to be open on a slant. I wonder if he doesn't have condfidence in Hill's catching ability or if maybe he thought Reuland was in a position to get more yardage? Anybody hear any comments about this after the game? I didn't and am curious.
    Probably something along the lines of "I Panicked like I always do and had to move my feet to prevent my leaky diaper from dripping down my leg and threw it in that direction."

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    This is why they Play the Games, Marsico.
    Sorry but hoping a team plays down to your level is not real football. As such I don't buy it.

    I don't consider what this Jets team does football, just like I don't consider their roster, even before Revis and Holmes went out, to be anything that anybody sane would honestly think could win a Super Bowl.

    Why should I or anybody take a team seriously that can't even understand what is blatantly obvious to us uneducated fans?

    You need actual talent to actually be good. The Pats have talent. The Jets don't. On top of the Pats having a coach, who despite being a defensive guy, has a handle on the whole team and doesn't deflect ANYTHING to his offensive coordinator. He assumes responsibility of his entire team even if he is a dour asshat.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The Defense gave up the tying FG leading to OT after Mark got them the lead late in regulation. But yeah....That's how he rolls.


    Look, I'm no fan of Mark. I want him out of here but let's be realistic here :

    If the Defense did its job late, that would've been a Jets Victory over at Foxboro, PERIOD.

    Mark did do what he had to do, the defense or -EFENSE did not.


    THE END.
    Mark did his job?

    He fumbled 2 times, one resulting in a safety and the other in the game winning FG for NE in overtime.

    He also threw a terrible, terrible pick on an under-thrown ball to Hill (who was wide freaking open!!) when the Jets were driving.

    And Special teams gave up a return for a TD.

    The only thing the defense did wrong was going prevent at the end of the game. They still held the Pats to 20 points, which is about the most you can ask of a team.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Mark did his job?

    He fumbled 2 times, one resulting in a safety and the other in the game winning FG for NE in overtime.

    He also threw a terrible, terrible pick on an under-thrown ball to Hill (who was wide freaking open!!) when the Jets were driving.

    And Special teams gave up a return for a TD.

    The only thing the defense did wrong was going prevent at the end of the game. They still held the Pats to 20 points, which is about the most you can ask of a team.


    You forgot this part :

    Mark got them the lead late in regulation.

    Let me repeat that in bigger letters for you since you're selectively-blind(meaning you ignore parts of a post that you don't like) :

    Mark got them the lead late in regulation.


    Defense does it job, we have a win at Foxboro under our belts.

    Up till that point, did Mark make mistakes? Sure. But in the end, Mark GOT THE TEAM THE LEAD IN CRUNCH-TIME AND THE DEFENSE DIDN'T GET THE JOB DONE...WHEN...IT...COUNTED.

    Sorry but that's not assumption or opinion....That's FACT.

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,515
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I'll be at the game, actually. My brother-in-law is a Patriots fan. It's nice that I can enjoy it with him after gorging on food and honestly hope his team wins for the good of my team.

    I hate the Patriots in all seriousness, but finishing between 9-7 or 7-9 is not helping this team get the draft slots it needs. I'm hoping for a demoralizing blowout with such ineptitude from Sanchez that Tebow finally gets a start, which fails miserably over a winless end of the season, leading to the realization of the owner that Tebow is worthless in any capacity at all that can get this clown off this team and a draft slot can be secured that is high enough enabling a trade down to stockpile more picks in 2013, to facilitate a trade up that year for Jadaveon Clowney.
    that's cool. but please, just don't wear any jets gear while rooting for them to get blown out.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    that's cool. but please, just don't wear any jets gear while rooting for them to get blown out.
    Don't worry, I won't. I still love the Jets. But having been going to the games since Joe Walton, hating them is part of loving them.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You forgot this part :




    Let me repeat that in bigger letters for you since you're selectively-blind(meaning you ignore parts of a post that you don't like) :

    Mark got them the lead late in regulation.


    Defense does it job, we have a win at Foxboro under our belts.

    Up till that point, did Mark make mistakes? Sure. But in the end, Mark GOT THE TEAM THE LEAD IN CRUNCH-TIME AND THE DEFENSE DIDN'T GET THE JOB DONE...WHEN...IT...COUNTED.

    Sorry but that's not assumption or opinion....That's FACT.
    Who cares. What does this prove?

    It's established:

    Sanchez isn't a QB who can win a Super Bowl in this city with this roster unless he's entirely complementary. He was drafted #5 overall to be a franchise QB, which he is not.

    A franchise QB elevates those around him and dictates how defenses play. Like Brady. Or Brees. Or Eli. Or Roethlisberger. Or Rodgers.

    No QB like Sanchez has won a Super Bowl in 10 years.

    Only SOJF's are happy without having the necessary pieces to win a Super Bowl.

    Hence, who cares?

    Sanchez is less than needed, therefore, he's awful. He's terrible.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Who cares. What does this prove?

    First off, *I* Care.


    Secondly, this proves that despite everything that happened in that game in regards to Sanchez making mistakes, he *STILL* provided the Go-Ahead score late and all the defense had to do was get one stop(and it wasn't like the Pats started at midfield either.....) *BUT THEY DIDN'T!*


    It's established:

    Sanchez isn't a QB who can win a Super Bowl in this city with this roster unless he's entirely complementary. He was drafted #5 overall to be a franchise QB, which he is not.
    Whose fault is that?

    Mark's fault or the Front-Office who traded up to get him at #5?

    The Chicken-and-the-Egg theory? Hmm....



    A franchise QB elevates those around him and dictates how defenses play. Like Brady. Or Brees. Or Eli. Or Roethlisberger. Or Rodgers.
    With all due respect, landing a Franchise QB isn't the same as going to the market to buy some bread. You need to be EXTREMELY Lucky to land one 'cause too many times, you have QB's that look good in College but can't ever translate that success at the Pro-Level and therefore you end up with an NFL-BUST at QB.

    Mark is not the Franchise QB we are looking for but let's also remember that we're probably not going to be in any position to grab another QB that won't turn out to be yet another Kellen Clemens......

    No QB like Sanchez has won a Super Bowl in 10 years.

    Only SOJF's are happy without having the necessary pieces to win a Super Bowl.

    Hence, who cares?

    *I* Care. Because I post my opinions on this board.

    I don't give a sh-t that you don't care. I don't post here trying to please you or anyone else here.



    Sanchez is less than needed, therefore, he's awful. He's terrible.
    Nice Logic.

    "Less than needed, therefore, he's awful"?

    What the fk does that even mean?
    Last edited by Vin; 11-19-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  12. #72
    I'll be watching turkey day to see if Sanchez plays well or...like a turkey...

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

    With all due respect, landing a Franchise QB isn't the same as going to the market to buy some bread. You need to be EXTREMELY Lucky to land one 'cause too many times, you have QB's that look good in College but can't ever translate that success at the Pro-Level and therefore you end up with an NFL-BUST at QB.
    Pretty sure Washington and the Colts showed it's not that hard if you pay attention to who's coming out instead of picking yet another crap QB from USC.

    Tank a year > get a good draft pick in a year when you want one > make unanimous no-brainer pick like Luck or RG3.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Pretty sure Washington and the Colts showed it's not that hard if you pay attention to who's coming out instead of picking yet another crap QB from USC.

    Tank a year > get a good draft pick in a year when you want one > make unanimous pick.
    But IT NEVER ends up the way you want it to.


    This the JETS we're talking about here.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    But IT NEVER ends up the way you want it to.


    This the JETS we're talking about here.
    So SOJ, SOJ

    OK, got it. You just killed your own optimism.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    I'll be watching turkey day to see if Sanchez plays well or...like a turkey...
    What if Mark plays well and looks like a Turkey doing it?





    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    So SOJ, SOJ

    OK, got it. You just killed your own optimism.
    That's where you're wrong.


    I was never Optimistic in the first place. Just realistic.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    First off, *I* Care.

    Secondly, this proves that despite everything that happened in that game in regards to Sanchez making mistakes, he *STILL* provided the Go-Ahead score late and all the defense had to do was get one stop(and it wasn't like the Pats started at midfield either.....) *BUT THEY DIDN'T!*

    Whose fault is that?

    Mark's fault or the Front-Office who traded up to get him at #5?

    The Chicken-and-the-Egg theory? Hmm....

    With all due respect, landing a Franchise QB isn't the same as going to the market to buy some bread. You need to be EXTREMELY Lucky to land one 'cause too many times, you have QB's that look good in College but can't ever translate that success at the Pro-Level and therefore you end up with an NFL-BUST at QB.

    Mark is not the Franchise QB we are looking for but let's also remember that we're probably not going to be in any position to grab another QB that won't turn out to be yet another Kellen Clemens......

    *I* Care. Because I post my opinions on this board.

    I don't give a sh-t that you don't care. I don't post here trying to please you or anyone else here.

    Nice Logic.

    "Less than needed, therefore, he's awful"?

    What the fk does that even mean?
    Switch QBs and we win that game in a blowout, switch defenses and wed lose by a greater margin

    Just because it's hard to find a franchise QB doesn't mean you settle for mediocrity...

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You forgot this part :
    But in the end, Mark GOT THE TEAM THE LEAD IN CRUNCH-TIME AND THE DEFENSE DIDN'T GET THE JOB DONE...WHEN...IT...COUNTED.

    Sorry but that's not assumption or opinion....That's FACT.
    And what did he do in OT (crunch-time) when it counted?

    Oh yeah, that's right he didn't read a blitz, got sacked, fumbled the ball and set NE up for the game winning FG...

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    That's where you're wrong.


    I was never Optimistic in the first place. Just realistic.
    That's just it. That is the definition of SOJ. I hope to hell we can get a transcendant talent like Clowney or Luck or RG3 someday so even when everybody else stinks, that guy is awesome and always entertaining.

    Revis is like that, but you can't really get excited about a CB who's impact is limited by the fact that nobody has to throw at him, which is generally the case.

    I have faith that after this season the GM will be fired.

    Then the season after that the head coach will be fired and the team will be in the bottom 2-3 records in the NFL. And the new GM will come in with the #2 or 3 pick overall and draft a talent like Clowney.

    And for the next 10 years, no matter how pathetic the Jets are, the one thing I can hang my hat on as a season ticket holder is that Clowney is entertaining as all hell to watch while he works with Coples, Wilkerson, and Ellis and Revis and Cro shut down the WR's.

    I will know that there will be SOMETHING worth watching, even if I am forced to watch an offense filled with scrubs like this and the team loses year in and year out.

    At least there's THAT.

    I've been down this road.

    From '86-'91, some of the darkest days ever, we had Toon.

    From '98-'05, with some awful seasons mixed in there, you always had Curtis Martin.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    And what did he do in OT (crunch-time) when it counted?

    Oh yeah, that's right he didn't read a blitz, got sacked, fumbled the ball and set NE up for the game winning FG...
    Yep he did.


    I didn't mention that point because I had a feeling the Jets would lose in OT.

    Once the "D" gave up the Game-Tying FG, I knew the Jets wouldn't be able to overcome the Patsies in OT. I wished they did but when you have Brady and the Pats on the ropes like that in Regulation, *YOUR DEFENSE HAS TO GET IT DONE!*

    And it didn't get it done on the final possession, did it?







    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Switch QB’s and we lose that game in a blowout, switch defenses and we’d lose by a greater margin…
    FIXED.

    Because the only switch would be to put Teblow in.....



    Just because it's hard to find a franchise QB doesn't mean you settle for mediocrity...
    I never said we should.

    I was just pointing out how hit-or-miss QB's can be that you can't expect a Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers to come waltzing through that Jets door.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us