Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    That's just it. That is the definition of SOJ. I hope to hell we can get a transcendant talent like Clowney or Luck or RG3 someday so even when everybody else stinks, that guy is awesome and always entertaining.
    So wait! You're telling me that all you want to be is ENTERTAINED?

Go watch some WWE then 'cause Football is not for you.

I have faith that after this season the GM will be fired.
    I'm not so sure about that. Woody Johnson has a Football IQ the size of a pebble.

If you want Tanny to get the Ax, then you have to root for the Jets to lose the next 2 games to knock themselves out of Playoff contention.

Which might happen....

Then the season after that the head coach will be fired and the team will be in the bottom 2-3 records in the NFL. And the new GM will come in with the #2 or 3 pick overall and draft a talent like Clowney.
    And Clowney turns out to be yet another colossal bust because while he was a man among boys in College, here in the NFL he'd most likely end up a Boy among Men 'cause his College-ability won't translate to the NFL game.

Now the opposite could happen but I'm not holding my breath.....PLUS, I don't think Clowney would even be available when the Jets pick, even if we traded up.

And for the next 10 years, no matter how pathetic the Jets are, the one thing I can hang my hat on as a season ticket holder is that Clowney is entertaining as all hell to watch while he works with Coples, Wilkerson, and Ellis and Revis and Cro shut down the WR's.

I will know that there will be SOMETHING worth watching, even if I am forced to watch an offense filled with scrubs like this and the team loses year in and year out.

At least there's THAT.

I've been down this road.

From '86-'91, some of the darkest days ever, we had Toon.

From '98-'05, with some awful seasons mixed in there, you always had Curtis Martin.

Again.....You'd rather be ENTERTAINED than see the Jets Win games?

What kind of a fan are you?

I know you mentioned past seasons('86-'91, etc.) but if you'd rather be entertained, I think the time has come for you to turn in your Jets Fan-dom card. Seriously.

Cam Newton is entertaining.

The Panthers are 2-8.

And people had them down as a playoff team this year. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Yep he did.

I didn't mention that point because I had a feeling the Jets would lose in OT.

Once the "D" gave up the Game-Tying FG, I knew the Jets wouldn't be able to overcome the Patsies in OT. I wished they did but when you have Brady and the Pats on the ropes like that in Regulation, *YOUR DEFENSE HAS TO GET IT DONE!*

And it didn't get it done on the final possession, did it?

FIXED.

Because the only switch would be to put Teblow in.....

I never said we should.

I was just pointing out how hit-or-miss QB's can be that you can't expect a Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers to come waltzing through that Jets door.

The switch I was talking about was Sanchez for Brady...
    You can preach all you want about how the defense should have stopped them... but in order to win with Sanchez, the defense needs to be damn near perfect.

Qb's are hit or miss, but why stick with a miss when you now know it's a miss?

I feel far more confident that the defense can be rectified than I do this QB.
    I guess that's where we differ.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Cam Newton is entertaining.

The Panthers are 2-8.

And people had them down as a playoff team this year. LOL!

+1000.

AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The switch I was talking about was Sanchez for Brady...
    You can preach all you want about how the defense should have stopped them... but in order to win with Sanchez, the defense needs to be damn near perfect.

Qb's are hit or miss, but why stick with a miss when you now know it's a miss?

I feel far more confident that the defense can be rectified than I do this QB.
    I guess that's where we differ.
    The problem with that logic(regarding the 'QB hit or miss' thing) is how can you know that a QB is a "miss" until you give that QB 4-years(minimum) as your Starting QB?

That's the conundrum that Coaches and Front-office people face. They choose a QB and *HOPE* he turns out to be a Franchise QB...Otherwise, it ends up being another WASTED 4 years.

That's why they stick with a "miss" because they need to ESTABLISH that he's a "miss" after all FIRST.

+1000.

AND BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.
    After a rookie year that was almost double in production Sanchez's best year.

And we're writing off a QB in his second year. I even gave Sanchez the benefit of the doubt in year two.

Please.

Not even comparable.

And forgive me for thinking that if you're going to play the SOJF card in your other post and find it deplorable that I can also be a SOJF and not expect a Super Bowl contender but find it OK to be bored to tears by a hopeless QB and ground and pound running game with no elite talent at RB..........

I'll be at the game, actually. My brother-in-law is a Patriots fan. It's nice that I can enjoy it with him after gorging on food and honestly hope his team wins for the good of my team.

I hate the Patriots in all seriousness, but finishing between 9-7 or 7-9 is not helping this team get the draft slots it needs. I'm hoping for a demoralizing blowout with such ineptitude from Sanchez that Tebow finally gets a start, which fails miserably over a winless end of the season, leading to the realization of the owner that Tebow is worthless in any capacity at all that can get this clown off this team and a draft slot can be secured that is high enough enabling a trade down to stockpile more picks in 2013, to facilitate a trade up that year for Jadaveon Clowney.
    Wow, you got it all figured out. How did you not get into some kind of management position?

After a rookie year that was almost double in production Sanchez's best year.

And we're writing off a QB in his second year. I even gave Sanchez the benefit of the doubt in year two.

Please.

Not even comparable.

And forgive me for thinking that if you're going to play the SOJF card in your other post and find it deplorable that I can also be a SOJF and not expect a Super Bowl contender but find it OK to be bored to tears by a hopeless QB and ground and pound running game with no elite talent at RB..........

Okay....I forgive you......for thinking.

The problem with that logic(regarding the 'QB hit or miss' thing) is how can you know that a QB is a "miss" until you give that QB 4-years(minimum) as your Starting QB?

That's the conundrum that Coaches and Front-office people face. They choose a QB and *HOPE* he turns out to be a Franchise QB...Otherwise, it ends up being another WASTED 4 years.

That's why they stick with a "miss" because they need to ESTABLISH that he's a "miss" after all FIRST.
    Oh they know he's a miss... but they didn't plan for it and bringing in Tebow created such a problem that now they are forced to start Sanchez for the rest of the year, no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    You kinda forgot about Blackmon, you know the guy that caught 7 passes for 236 yards yesterday. So yes they have one pretty good weapon in the making over there.

Here, in Jet land? Clyde f'n Gates got the most snaps at WR yesterday.

Like Buzz said, even if we do get a new better QB, still need a bunch of pieces to threaten other teams with. Right now we have NOTHING.
    It's been said over and over but the Jets have done nothing to support Sanchez, everyone is just hoping he turns into Manning and lifts everyone around him.

What ? A rookie receiver who hadn't done anything all year ??? According to people here, Rookies can't be productive, they don't know the game. It takes them a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Oh they know he's a miss... but they didn't plan for it and bringing in Tebow created such a problem that now they are forced to start Sanchez for the rest of the year, no matter what happens.

Exactly. They know he's a miss.....*NOW*.

They didn't know he was a miss UNTIL THE 4TH YEAR WHICH IS NOW.

That's my whole point.

Exactly. They know he's a miss.....*NOW*.

They didn't know he was a miss UNTIL THE 4TH YEAR WHICH IS NOW.

That's my whole point.
    Not all first round prospects are made equally. Rodgers was forced to sit for what, three years?

Rivers for a year?

The Jets draft a kid onto a Super-Bowl-worthy roster in 2009 with one year of starting in High School and one year starting in College on a team loaded in a crap PAC-12 and throw him on the field.

Burning out their best offensive weapon (Jones) and keeping a defense on the field for too long despite the availability of Jason Campbell who was a solid young game-manager-type QB who Washington was looking to dump and would've fit in immediately.

Poor management. Poor front office. It was evident then.

Hall Of Fame
    Not all first round prospects are made equally. Rodgers was forced to sit for what, three years?

Rivers for a year?

The Jets draft a kid onto a Super-Bowl-worthy roster in 2009 with one year of starting in High School and one year starting in College on a team loaded in a crap PAC-12 and throw him on the field.

Burning out their best offensive weapon (Jones) and keeping a defense on the field for too long despite the availability of Jason Campbell who was a solid young game-manager-type QB who Washington was looking to dump and would've fit in immediately.

Poor management. Poor front office. It was evident then.
    Dude, you have some severe revisionist history going on here. Who thought that the Jets had a Super Bowl roster when they entered the draft in 2009? Please show us all the Super Bowl predictions BEFORE the 2009 season. Come on, at least be somewhat accurate about you post.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Dude, you have some severe revisionist history going on here. Who thought that the Jets had a Super Bowl roster when they entered the draft in 2009? Please show us all the Super Bowl predictions BEFORE the 2009 season. Come on, at least be somewhat accurate about you post.
    Who cares about predictions, Scott was awesome and the defense overall looked outstanding. Jones was already established as awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Who cares about predictions, Scott was awesome and the defense overall looked outstanding. Jones was already established as awesome.
    They looked outstanding AFTER the draft. Were you thinking Super Bowl before that season? If you were, you would be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    They looked outstanding AFTER the draft. Were you thinking Super Bowl before that season? If you were, you would be lying.
    I was thinking contender. I thought that as soon as they got Rex with the personnel they had.

Label me an optimist.

I was thinking contender. I thought that as soon as they got Rex with the personnel they had.

Label me an optimist.
    I'll label you an after-the-fact optimist.

There's no way in hell you knew that the Jets would make the run they did in '09.

I've turned on Sanchez this year. I'm glad he had a good game. He needs to have more of them before he wins me back.

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    I've turned on Sanchez this year. I'm glad he had a good game. He needs to have more of them before he wins me back.
    If he has the same game(or better, hopefully) that he did up on Foxboro, I'm going to pray that the Defense makes the late-game STOP needed to get the win.

he had a really nice game yesterday and it was the type he should be playing as a matter of course. of course he also had a fumble and he really needs to stop the double pump routine. it's better for him to look off the db's. the point is give sanchez credit for the win but that still doesn't atone for the stinkers he's thrown this year. if he plays well against the patsies and for the rest of the season then i guess you can say he deserves to be qb. and, by the way, as goes sanchez goes rex and sparano, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Had an efficient, workman-like performance today. It also seemed like the gameplan was more tailored to his skillset. By no means was he spectacular, but there's no denying that he played well.

As I said in the gameday thread, Tebow could've relieved Sanchez and lead the Jets to a win and I'd be happy. But given the scorn and vitriol directed at Sanchez as of late, I feel that it's appropriate to give credit where it's due.

BTW, it's disappointing that the more vocal of his critics are unable/unwilling to have discussions about this. There's at least two posters I am talking about and their silence during a Jets win in which Sanchez played well further points to their troll status as far as I'm concerned.

Here's (cautiously) hoping Sanchez can build on this going forward into the showdown with the Pats.