Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: antonio cromartie a defensive beast!

antonio cromartie a defensive beast!

lets hear it this guy has really stepped it up. he hit like a freight train today.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd say he hit more like a...

Definitely deserves all pro this year.

"Cro Show, name 5 Corners better than you"

"Mmm, Revis..."

Last edited by McGinley; 11-19-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    He did give up that TD catch. But it looked like the entire D mailed it in on that drive. Would love to see these guys play a complete game.

That said, Cro has been fantastic. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut and let his play do the talking b.c if he did that I think he would get a lot more respect around the league.

Another guy who played well today was Harris. It has been a bad year for him thus far. Hopefully today was a turning point for him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Cro makes me think we can live without revis

Quote Originally Posted by Aer Lingus View Post
    agreed.

no way wilson sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    We could always live without Revis.

God forbid we ever got a pass rusher we would be fine on defense.

Which is why we need to spend the Revis money on offense. Fix the offense and we will be fine. It is not necessary to have a Top 5 defense.

Cro is a freaking beast. He is better than Revis because with him being the best corner on the field, his ego is back.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Cro is a freaking beast. He is better than Revis because with him being the best corner on the field, his ego is back.
    Funny how in sports,,life, business....when many are given the chance to step out of a shadow they shine.

Not all...but CRO is playing really well.

Cro is the team MVP so far this year.

Also I'm pleased with the way Wilkerson is coming on.

I ment better without Revis*, but I can argue that Cro giving an 100 percent effort every Sunday brings more than Revis. He brings the ball hawking ability and the attitude on the field.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Cro is the team MVP so far this year.

Also I'm pleased with the way Wilkerson is coming on.
    +1

No question he is Team MVP in my book. The man stepped up when needed most. The week after losing Revis, SF smacked us around, Cro was probably the only one that came to play. Then the following week, with everyone ready to bury us he played lights out against Andre Johnson, and if Sanchez throws that pass in bounds and lead him, Cro would of had a TD reception as well.

He has even become more physical this year. You seem him fighting for the strip, anticipating completions over the middle and leveling guys. He is still no Revis in the run game/physical aspect, but really who the hell is?

Cro - 2012 Team MVP and Leader

Sent from my LG-P999

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    +1

No question he is Team MVP in my book. The man stepped up when needed most. The week after losing Revis, SF smacked us around, Cro was probably the only one that came to play. Then the following week, with everyone ready to bury us he played lights out against Andre Johnson, and if Sanchez throws that pass in bounds and lead him, Cro would of had a TD reception as well.

He has even become more physical this year. You seem him fighting for the strip, anticipating completions over the middle and leveling guys. He is still no Revis in the run game/physical aspect, but really who the hell is?

Cro - 2012 Team MVP and Leader

Sent from my LG-P999
    Excellent player and leader who has risen to the occassion.

Guess the Chargers wish they held on to him now...

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He did give up that TD catch. But it looked like the entire D mailed it in on that drive. Would love to see these guys play a complete game.
    Actually, that Ball was perfectly-placed just out of Cro's finger-tips. The other QB makes plays, too. Don't forget....

What I didn't like was that either the "D" mailed it in there OR it was a Prevent Defense......

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no way wilson sucks.
    This! We can live without Holmes.

I love what Cro has done this year and I do think he should get to the pro bowl this season.

But the guy that has really improved in my opinion and really it's only in the last two games is Muhammad Wilkerson. He is really starting to make things happen. He's been much better defending the run and he's starting to get a slight pass rush on.

I still think he's no better than a Shaun Ellis, but I hope he can really pick up his pass rushing skills. Meanwhile, being another Shaun Ellis is nothing to scoff at.

Smile

E smitty played a good game surprisingly

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I love what Cro has done this year and I do think he should get to the pro bowl this season.

But the guy that has really improved in my opinion and really it's only in the last two games is Muhammad Wilkerson. He is really starting to make things happen. He's been much better defending the run and he's starting to get a slight pass rush on.

I still think he's no better than a Shaun Ellis, but I hope he can really pick up his pass rushing skills. Meanwhile, being another Shaun Ellis is nothing to scoff at.
    Agreed, but I think Wilkerson has a higher ceiling than Ellis. He is just a more powerful player than Ellis. While one inch shorter than Ellis, Wilkerson is 30 pounds heavier. He is already a better bull-rusher than Ellis ever was. This also allows him to play anywhere along the line. Ellis was a great Jet, consistently playing his position above average and he had some games where he really changed the outcome. But Wilkerson "could" become a lineman the other team has to game plan for because I think he is simply too strong to count on an OL consistently blocking him 1 on 1.