Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Gronkowski breaks forearm, out for a month.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me a break.

LOL

Good one

You should be a coach instead of a cheerleader

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Defending Belichick for getting his All-Pro TE injured during an extra pt attempt while up by 30 pts is the height of stupidity.

What if Darrelle Revis got a season-ending injury b/c Rex used him as a punt returner while the Jets were up 3 Td's? The media would be ripping Rex a new poopchute. ESPN would have to create a new channel to dumping on Rex Ryan.
    You're not serious. Are you really comparing the risk of sending someone out to protect the edge on a PAT, to using a star on a punt return? You see no difference in the percentages there? This is the perfect definition of a fluke injury.

And many coaches are on record saying that no teams set up alternative packages on their PAT teams. Not arrogant in the least. You're really talking out of your butt here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Give me a break.

LOL

Good one

You should be a coach instead of a cheerleader
    Hey maybe Belichick can start using Brady as fg kick holder?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You're not serious. Are you really comparing the risk of sending someone out to protect the edge on a PAT, to using a star on a punt return? You see no difference in the percentages there? This is the perfect definition of a fluke injury.

And many coaches are on record saying that no teams set up alternative packages on their PAT teams. Not arrogant in the least. You're really talking out of your butt here.
    You Pats fans are beyond asinine today. Seriously. Just man up and admit the Pope Bill Belichick made an arrogant and negligent error.

No objectivity at all. I've been killing the Jets for the Tebow nonsense and bad personnel moves all year long. Yet your precious Belichick makes a ridculously boneheaded move by trotting out an all-pro on ST up 30 points and you'd think it was this amazing playcall that just didn't work out.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 11-19-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, He did use Flutie to drop kick an extra point in a game

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, He did use Flutie to drop kick an extra point in a game
    Yea, but Flutie da bess and gives no ****s about injuries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is like laughing at people whose houses got destroyed in the Sahara because they didn't buy flood insurance. Simple probability theory. Intelligent Jets fans understand this concept but are using this particular outcome to rail on the Pats. Keep going.

In theory, the PAT is such an automatic play that no team, ever, would have any reason to put any valuable starters on the play at any point in time during a game. If Gronk got injured on this play in the 2nd quarter when the game was close, would anyone be criticizing? Nope. But theoretically they should be. This is second-grade analysis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You Pats fans are beyond asinine today. Seriously. Just man up and admit the Pope Bill Belichick made an arrogant and negligent error.

No objectivity at all. I've been killing the Jets for the Tebow nonsense and bad personnel moves all year long. Yet you're precious Belichick makes a ridculously boneheaded move by trotting out an all-pro on ST up 30 points and you'd think it was this amazing playcall that just didn't work out.
    Um, who said it was an amazing playcall?

He's coaching FOOTBALL. Gronk is the end blocker on EP's. What's he do, say to Hoomanuainuailuilui, Go in and block in Gronk's place cuz a freak play may happen and he's a star and we'd rather lose you than him?

Sorry, that's not the way BB operates. Has nothing to do with arrogance. LTG

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This is like laughing at people whose houses got destroyed in the Sahara because they didn't buy flood insurance. Simple probability theory. Intelligent Jets fans understand this concept but are using this particular outcome to rail on the Pats. Keep going.

In theory, the PAT is such an automatic play that no team, ever, would have any reason to put any valuable starters on the play at any point in time during a game. If Gronk got injured on this play in the 2nd quarter when the game was close, would anyone be criticizing? Nope. This is second-grade analysis. Small minds.
    So players getting hurt in the NFL is as much of an anomaly as a house getting flooded in the Sahara. And you're supposedly the special, keeper of the light intelligent jets fan?

Using All-Pro's on St when you're up by 30 in the 4th Qtr = Blunder

Rationalize it all you want.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So players getting hurt in the NFL is as much of an anomaly as a house getting flooded in the Sahara. And you're supposedly the special, keeper of the light intelligent jets fan?

Using All-Pro's on St when you're up by 30 in the 4th Qtr = Blunder

Rationalize it all you want.

The chances of a major injury on an extra point are pretty damn low. Stop calling it "special teams." You and I both know the low percentage injury risk this play represents. Again, it's easy fodder to rail on the Pats. Have fun. Crasherino himself thinks this entire argument is idiotic. But you think it has merit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um, who said it was an amazing playcall?

He's coaching FOOTBALL. Gronk is the end blocker on EP's. What's he do, say to Hoomanuainuailuilui, Go in and block in Gronk's place cuz a freak play may happen and he's a star and we'd rather lose you than him?

Sorry, that's not the way BB operates. Has nothing to do with arrogance. LTG

Yeah it was coaching FOOTBALL. He was coaching badly. You're telling me the only guy on the entire Pats roster qualified to block the edge on an extra pt is Gronkowski?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could reach 500 posts with this

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could reach 500 posts with this
    Detjetsfan is embarrassing himself right now. But he'll keep going.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The chances of a major injury on an extra point are pretty damn low. Stop calling it "special teams." You and I both know the low percentage injury risk this play represents. Again, it's easy fodder to rail on the Pats. Have fun. Crasherino himself thinks this entire argument is idiotic. But you think it has merit.
    There is just no talking sense into you morons. And I thought the Tebow-lovers were asinine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Detjetsfan is embarrassing himself right now. But he'll keep going.
    You really got me now man. Ooohhh.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is just no talking sense into you morons. And I thought the Tebow-lovers were asinine.
    You're right, Belichick is a fool for not identifying Gronk as so important that he should not be in on the play. He should be using Madden ratings with a formula that says "at a certain point in the game, no guys with Madden ratings above 50 should be in." Can you relate to that? Because you almost certainly derive your understanding of football by playing it all day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right, Belichick is a fool for not identifying Gronk as so important that he should not be in on the play. He should be using Madden ratings with a formula that says "at a certain point in the game, no guys with Madden ratings above 50 should be in." Can you relate to that? Because you almost certainly derive your understanding of football by playing it all day.
    You are boring.

Maybe the Jets should Mark Sanchez as a punter when they're up in the 4th qtr on Thursday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really got me now man. Ooohhh.

Results-oriented thinkers are a sad affair. I'm done with this conversation, you and the rest of the Jets fans can duke it out over a really stupid topic with whatever other Pats fans care to deal with you. These are sad times for Jets fans, I understand. The Gronk injury is basically an early holiday present to cheer you up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who has actually played knows how this works. There's basically a first team punt, punt return, kickoff, kickoff return, and field goal team that doubles as the extra point team.

There's a second team defined but that's usually just to define who the next body is for a position if someone's hurt. If the normal left tackle for one of the teams is hurt, the second team guy goes in.

When the second team offense/defense is in the game, it's still the first team special teams players that are on those teams. There's no such thing as playing the second team. Again, the second team is just there to define the fill in bodies.

I've never seen it done any other way. There just aren't enough bodies.