Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gronkowski breaks forearm, out for a month.

Jets Insider VIP
    As I did last week which didn't stop you from pulling a baldfaced lie about me not showing up right out of your wicked smaht anus

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Still hanging on to one fluke game 23 months ago?

[only one more month and I can finally say "two years ago!"]
    fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    is it "baldfaced lie" or "boldfaced lie"?

I always thought it was boldfaced lie.

Jets Insider VIP
    100% Karma.

You have one of your best players out for the extra point with under 4 minutes to go in a game where you're running up the score (Brady still playing on the scoring drive in question is further evidence of that).

No one is celebrating. Just stating the obvious.

And I read only two pages of this thread and that's all it took to see Guido getting his panties in a bunch, as usual. I'm sure there was much more whining to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    100% Karma.

You have one of your best players out for the extra point with under 4 minutes to go in a game where you're running up the score (Brady still playing on the scoring drive in question is further evidence of that).

No one is celebrating. Just stating the obvious.

And I read only two pages of this thread and that's all it took to see Guido getting his panties in a bunch, as usual. I'm sure there was much more whining to follow.
    And it shows. Typical bombastic BS from you, not even a shred of objectivity in your analysis. It's an extra freaking point, the very definition of a fluke play. The Pats or any other team in the NFL doesn't have a "second-team" PAT squad.

When the Pats lose close games, it's "LOL, you suck, where's the magic?" and when they blow out a team, it's "the Pats are running up the score, so disrespectful." The Pats need to figure out a way to win games by that sweet spot of only 7-14 points to make everyone happy, I guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    And it shows. Typical bombastic BS from you, not even a shred of objectivity in your analysis. It's an extra freaking point, the very definition of a fluke play. The Pats or any other team in the NFL doesn't have a "second-team" PAT squad.

When the Pats lose close games, it's "LOL, you suck, where's the magic?" and when they blow out a team, it's "the Pats are running up the score, so disrespectful." The Pats need to figure out a way to win games by that sweet spot of only 7-14 points to make everyone happy, I guess.
    Oh, I was going to mention you too. But I was afraid you'd PMS on me.

I see it makes no difference one way or the other.

The pats don't have a back-up QB to play in the 4th quarter up by 28 points or a back up TE or back up OT or whatever to handle a meaningless PAT?
    Last edited by Jordy; 11-19-2012 at 02:50 PM.

All Pro

The outcome of the game was not a mystery long before games end so the sportsmanship aspect was questionable. Perhaps he may be concerned about making the playoffs via the point scored tiebreaker?

More like: Tedy B. has said that BB's M.O. is to crush Divisional / Potential Playoff opponents whenever possible to strike psychological fear in their hearts. As much a signal to NYJ as IND IMO. Couple that with a no-pressure job for life based on past glories, and anything goes.

However, there are more than 11 guys available at game's end to fill Gronkowski's and Brady's shoes. If a 30 point lead isn't the time to bring in Ryan Mallett et al to protect irreplaceable starters when is that time exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    The outcome of the game was not a mystery long before games end so the sportsmanship aspect was questionable. Perhaps he may be concerned about making the playoffs via the point scored tiebreaker?

More like: Tedy B. has said that BB's M.O. is to crush Divisional / Potential Playoff opponents whenever possible to strike psychological fear in their hearts. As much a signal to NYJ as IND IMO. Couple that with a no-pressure job for life based on past glories, and anything goes.

However, there are more than 11 guys available at game's end to fill Gronkowski's and Brady's shoes. If a 30 point lead isn't the time to bring in Ryan Mallett et al to protect irreplaceable starters when is that time exactly?
    Mallett did come in after that score. There is no "sportsmanship" in professional sports. It's a media-driven narrative. These are grown men paid to win games. If you want to **** on a coach for being "unsportsmanlike," look no further than Schiano with his tactics against a victory formation.

The Pats are the only team that gets called out for running up the score because they are the only team that is capable of doing it while also having a negative background (BB's demeanor and Spygate). No one said the Saints ran up the score last season when they blew out the hapless Colts 62-7, did they? Drew Brees was still in and passing while up 41 points against a team that had no chance to do anything. But, at the time, the Saints were beloved and Brees was a great guy, so it's all good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mallett did come in after that score. There is no "sportsmanship" in professional sports. It's a media-driven narrative. These are grown men paid to win games. If you want to **** on a coach for being "unsportsmanlike," look no further than Schiano with his tactics against a victory formation.
    LOL.

Mallett came in with about 2 minutes to go in the game.

You really should bring back your avatar with the 2 little ducks. It fits you.

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Belichick on keeping Gronk in on special tms: "I don't think there are any quicker ways to lose than getting kick blocked + run back for TD"

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Still hanging on to one fluke game 23 months ago?
    23 months, not quite as long as 84 months.

The Pats are the only team that gets called out for running up the score because they are the only team that is capable of doing it while also having a negative background (BB's demeanor and Spygate). No one said the Saints ran up the score last season when they blew out the hapless Colts 62-7, did they? Drew Brees was still in and passing while up 41 points against a team that had no chance to do anything. But, at the time, the Saints were beloved and Brees was a great guy, so it's all good.
    Funny that you mention Schiano and refer to Payton, two of Belichick's closest friends in the pro coaching ranks, when discussing unsportsmanlike play. Birds of a feather, or something like that.

Anyway, the part I never got about the "running up the score" criticism is why doesn't similar logic extend to the losing team? Down 59-24 yesterday with under 4 minutes to play, the Colts had Andrew Luck running the no huddle/shotgun and winging it on every play. Why wasn't Curtis Painter (or whatever scrub is backing up Luck these days) in there taking a knee?

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Belichick on keeping Gronk in on special tms: "I don't think there are any quicker ways to lose than getting kick blocked + run back for TD"

Thats odd.

The opposing team can't score on a blocked extra point.

Between McNabb not knowing the overtime rules, and this statement, those two should seriously consider getting a room at a Holiday Inn Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL.

Mallett came in with about 2 minutes to go in the game.

You really should bring back your avatar with the 2 little ducks. It fits you.

Which was after their final score. I don't really care when Mallett came in or whether he would have come in at all. It's their decision to do whatever they want. The concept of "running up the score" is complete garbage and borne out of jealousy from opposing fans and hateful media. Every Jets fan here and everywhere would be loving it if Rex were ever in a position to do that. Between the in-game taunting and smack-talk in the media, the Jets' team culture can hardly be considered "respectful to the game."
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    23 months, not quite as long as 84 months.
    Not as long as 527 months

Not to worry. Rex has been playing backups all season to save the starters for the playoffs while BB has been playing his starters to win the regular season.

Rex has been quoted as saying "My guys will be fresh for the playoffs. We're not going to injure ourselves trying to win regular season games. The Jets are coming and we think thats more than what the NFL can handle."

God's punishment for running up the score. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Not to worry. Rex has been playing backups all season to save the starters for the playoffs while BB has been playing his starters to win the regular season.

Rex has been quoted as saying "My guys will be fresh for the playoffs. We're not going to injure ourselves trying to win regular season games. The Jets are coming and we think thats more than what the NFL can handle."

Well, the Jets certainly ARE turning some heads around the league.

I'd like to hear from Eternal Champion on this but has anyone considered that Gronk might have done the old "cadaver forearm in the MRI machine" bit to make the Jets think he's not going to play on Thursday?????

I think Eternal Champion needs to ponder this and get back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    God's punishment for running up the score. No question.
    What did the Jets do to earn their punishment from God?