Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Gronkowski breaks forearm, out for a month.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahaha

Sanchez would probably fumble the ball before he punted.

BTW, I hope Jets don't get embarrassed too badly. A close game would make it interesting at least.

and YES, there is always a chance the Jets could pull a win outta their a$$.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Results-oriented thinkers are a sad affair. I'm done with this conversation, you and the rest of the Jets fans can duke it out over a really stupid topic with whatever other Pats fans care to deal with you. These are sad times for Jets fans, I understand. The Gronk injury is basically an early holiday present to cheer you up.
    Actually has nothing to do with results it's logic. You don't put an All-Pro Tight End and best offensive weapon on the field in the 4th quarter when you're up by 30 points let alone on a friggin extra point play any douche in pads north of 240 lbs can block on.

I'm done with you people. The ownership I took of ASG, Spectre, GuidoYastremski and Patsfarttx if he was here instead of busy with Dungeons & Dragons was thorough and will be remembered through the ages.

Can get a Amen?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obvious reverse troll is obvious.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    aww don't leave, I want to reach 500 here.

Tedy Bruschi weighs in:

"Jason, you always leave your starters in on the P.A.T., even on the field-goal block team. When I was playing defense and we were blowing out an opponent, you were told, "You're out of the game now, Tedy, but you're still on the field goal block team." It's just the way it is in football. The forearm injury to Gronkowski is unfortunate. "

Patsfantx is a D&D fan? Knew there was something I liked about him
    Last edited by Spectre; 11-19-2012 at 09:49 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Navarro Bowman was on the punt team late in the 4th quarter while the Niners were up by 25 points. Such a stupid move. And classless. If you're a head coach and stupid enough to put one of your top players out there on special teams at that point in the game then you deserve all the karma you get.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Navarro Bowman was on the punt team late in the 4th quarter while the Niners were up by 25 points. Such a stupid move. And classless. If you're a head coach and stupid enough to put one of your top players out there on special teams at that point in the game then you deserve all the karma you get.
    You realize that doesn't refute their claims, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You realize that doesn't refute their claims, right?
    Depends. What do you consider their or my claims?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends. What do you consider my claims?
    I didn't say YOUR claims.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I didn't say YOUR claims.
    Got it. There's nothing really that would refute THEIR claims. I promised myself I wouldn't come back into this thread.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still trying to get to 500 posts on this thread

I loved Belichick's response that if you tell him who's going to get hurt he'll get them out of there. That's classic BB right there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another question. Why didn't Belly go for 2 to get to 60? That would have certainly made a statement about how AWESOME the Pats* are and kept Gronk from getting hurt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Defending Belichick for getting his All-Pro TE injured during an extra pt attempt while up by 30 pts is the height of stupidity.

What if Darrelle Revis got a season-ending injury b/c Rex used him as a punt returner while the Jets were up 3 Td's? The media would be ripping Rex a new poopchute. ESPN would have to create a new channel to dumping on Rex Ryan.
    I guess our head coach is really stupid then.

"I mean, he's on an extra point and he's probably done it a zillion times,'' Ryan said of Gronkowski, who underwent surgery Monday to repair his fractured left forearm suffered on the PAT. "He's probably done it a hundred times this year for the simple fact that's how many points they score. You never see that. Every single team in the league, I mean, we have [starting left tackle] D'Brickashaw Ferguson there. Whoever the player is, you don't play the game that way.

"It's just an unfortunate thing. That's just a freak deal what happened,'' Ryan said. "Unfortunately, it's part of the game. Injuries do happen. I mean, we lost [Darrelle] Revis and [Santonio] Holmes to non-contact injuries.

"It's just one of those things and it's unfortunate, obviously.''

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...yan_calls.html

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    I guess our head coach is really stupid then.

"I mean, he's on an extra point and he's probably done it a zillion times,'' Ryan said of Gronkowski, who underwent surgery Monday to repair his fractured left forearm suffered on the PAT. "He's probably done it a hundred times this year for the simple fact that's how many points they score. You never see that. Every single team in the league, I mean, we have [starting left tackle] D'Brickashaw Ferguson there. Whoever the player is, you don't play the game that way.

"It's just an unfortunate thing. That's just a freak deal what happened,'' Ryan said. "Unfortunately, it's part of the game. Injuries do happen. I mean, we lost [Darrelle] Revis and [Santonio] Holmes to non-contact injuries.

"It's just one of those things and it's unfortunate, obviously.''

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...yan_calls.html
    Still working on getting to 500 posts here, but Taimaishu took the words outta my hands with that Rex quote !! He beat me to that by about 20 minutes. Love that moniker !!! BTW, Tai is an oriental comedian

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Another question. Why didn't Belly go for 2 to get to 60? That would have certainly made a statement about how AWESOME the Pats* are and kept Gronk from getting hurt.
    I was hoping he would. That way he'd have a new team scoring record. Their previous high was also 59.

Although going for two would mean putting Gronk and other starters back on the field, and THATwould be a stupid risk to take. Going for the EP therefore , was a no-brainer. Just ask Rex.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there anymore Jet fans who have coaching smahts here that want to second guess a HOF coach???

Still need more posts to get my 500.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Are there anymore Jet fans who have coaching smahts here that want to second guess a HOF coach???

Typical pats fan; running up your post count. No tears from me when your keyboard breaks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

Not me, I think its a non story but I am glad it happened...😝

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Consider this an early Christmas gift - the height of irony:

Bill Belichick doesn't see the point in extra points

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Not me, I think its a non story but I am glad it happened...��
    another post toward 500. Thanks !

and another Jet fan happy for injuries.