Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Gronkowski breaks forearm, out for a month.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    aww don't leave, I want to reach 500 here.

Tedy Bruschi weighs in:

"Jason, you always leave your starters in on the P.A.T., even on the field-goal block team. When I was playing defense and we were blowing out an opponent, you were told, "You're out of the game now, Tedy, but you're still on the field goal block team." It's just the way it is in football. The forearm injury to Gronkowski is unfortunate. "

Patsfantx is a D&D fan? Knew there was something I liked about him
    I'm still trying to get to 500 posts on this thread

I loved Belichick's response that if you tell him who's going to get hurt he'll get them out of there. That's classic BB right there.
    Still working on getting to 500 posts here, but Taimaishu took the words outta my hands with that Rex quote !! He beat me to that by about 20 minutes. Love that moniker !!! BTW, Tai is an oriental comedian
    Are there anymore Jet fans who have coaching smahts here that want to second guess a HOF coach???

Still need more posts to get my 500.
    another post toward 500. Thanks !

and another Jet fan happy for injuries.

yawn
    You are being annoying and trying my patience. Keep it up and you won't see whether this thread gets to 500.

yawn
    Quit acting like we're all the same. I was one of the ones who expressed sympathy over his injury. Having a holier-than-thou attitude does nothing but make you and your fanbase look bad.

Hall Of Fame

yawn
    What is funny is that you actually think people give a f**k about you around here. You are pretty much laughed at and thought to be pathetic and sad that you get joy from coming to a rivals team message board as much as you guys do. Everyone on this board knows that if the Pats were an average team none of you guys would show your face.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What is funny is that you actually think people give a f**k about you around here. You are pretty much laughed at and thought to be pathetic and sad that you get joy from coming to a rivals team message board as much as you guys do. Everyone on this board knows that if the Pats were an average team none of you guys would show your face.
    It's not even that, honestly. What bothers me is that these Pat fans that post here just have this obnoxious, smug, attitude which they put on full display with their snide remarks and petty insults.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's not even that, honestly. What bothers me is that these Pat fans that post here just have this obnoxious, smug, attitude which they put on full display with their snide remarks and petty insults.
    Lets just win and these knuckleheads will disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Lets just win and these knuckleheads will disappear
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U

That perfectly exemplifies what these Pat fans are like.

Quit acting like we're all the same. I was one of the ones who expressed sympathy over his injury. Having a holier-than-thou attitude does nothing but make you and your fanbase look bad.
    ^THIS.

McGinley has showed nothing but good sportsmanship and humanity regarding Gronk's injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U

That perfectly exemplifies what these Pat fans are like.
    LOL...👍

"When you're up 52-24 in the 4th quarter...it's not smart football."

-Peter King (aka Pats Homer) on Mad Dog Radio regarding Belichick using all-pro Tight End Rob Gronkowski to block on PAT during the 4th quarter when Patriots are winning by 28 points.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 11-20-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Don't worry those clowns will be a memory after the Jets beat the Pats on Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You are being annoying and trying my patience. Keep it up and you won't see whether this thread gets to 500.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    "When you're up 52-24 in the 4th quarter...it's not smart football."

-Peter King (aka Pats Homer) on Mad Dog Radio regarding Belichick using all-pro Tight End Rob Gronkowski to block on PAT during the 4th quarter when Patriots are winning by 28 points.
    So I guess Peter King and The Mad Dog knows more football than Rex Ryan?
    Why don't you quote what RR said too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    So I guess Peter King and The Mad Dog knows more football than Rex Ryan?
    Why don't you quote what RR said too?
    here you go...

Rex Ryan: It’s “ridiculous” to blame Belichick for Gronkowski injury

Ryan, who is preparing to play a Gronkowski-less Patriots team on Thursday, told reporters today that every team uses important players on extra points, and no coach should be criticized for that.

“Absolutely ridiculous,” Ryan said, via Tom Curran of CSNNE.com. “[Gronkowski] is on an extra point. He’s probably done it 100 times this year for the simple fact that’s how many points they score. You never see that. Every single team in the league, we have D’Brickashaw Ferguson there.”

Ryan said coaches can’t go through games worrying about injuries.

“You don’t play the game that way and it’s just an unfortunate thing,” Ryan said. “That’s just a freak deal that that would happen."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kowski-injury/

I just think the whole thing is so hypocritical. Why does no one care that Andrew Luck is in the game with 2 minutes left in the game down 30? It's only a bad decision by BB because Gronk actually got hurt?

What is this gif from? I remember it but I can't remember the source at all. McGinley couldn't help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    What is this gif from? I remember it but I can't remember the source at all. McGinley couldn't help me out.
    Looks like a clip from the Beastie Boys "Make Some Noise" video.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Looks like a clip from the Beastie Boys "Make Some Noise" video.
    You're right. Thanks!

I was actually thinking of this video, which is one of the weirdest collection of celebs ever to produce a music video spoof:

[youtube]evA-R9OS-Vo&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-20-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    I just think the whole thing is so hypocritical. Why does no one care that Andrew Luck is in the game with 2 minutes left in the game down 30? It's only a bad decision by BB because Gronk actually got hurt?
    Difference between regular team offense plays and special teams. Anyone, including players from from both sides of the ball and 2nd string even, can be in on Special Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    here you go...

Rex Ryan: It’s “ridiculous” to blame Belichick for Gronkowski injury

Ryan, who is preparing to play a Gronkowski-less Patriots team on Thursday, told reporters today that every team uses important players on extra points, and no coach should be criticized for that.

“Absolutely ridiculous,” Ryan said, via Tom Curran of CSNNE.com. “[Gronkowski] is on an extra point. He’s probably done it 100 times this year for the simple fact that’s how many points they score. You never see that. Every single team in the league, we have D’Brickashaw Ferguson there.”

Ryan said coaches can’t go through games worrying about injuries.

“You don’t play the game that way and it’s just an unfortunate thing,” Ryan said. “That’s just a freak deal that that would happen."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...kowski-injury/
    Hey if Rex actually believes that and isn't just being tactful 48 hours before kickoff let's see him put his money where his mouth is and use Sanchez to be the kickholder on PAT's.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hey if Rex actually believes that and isn't just being tactful 48 hours before kickoff let's see him put his money where his mouth is and use Sanchez to be the kickholder on PAT's.
    You act as if risking injury with Sanchez is a bad thing for the team, heh.

Seriously, you keep harping on this. It's very results-oriented thinking. It's like saying that if a guy skidded off the road and went over a bridge, he was an idiot for driving over a bridge in the first place. This is easy fodder for you to **** on Belichick and the Pats, but I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand the basic facts involved in this situation.

Go ahead and scream "KARMA!" all you want. Doesn't make you correct.