Thread: With these QB's possibly available......

With these QB's possibly available......

With these QB's possibly available next season, who would you rather have start the 2013 season for the NY JETS, Vick, Fitzgerald, or Sanchez. And please dont tell me someone else.

I personally would rather have Fitzgerald, Vick gets hurt all the time and Sanchez is Sanchez, enough is enough!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Chez ain't going no where.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    With these QB's possibly available next season, who would you rather have start the 2013 season for the NY JETS, Vick, Fitzgerald, or Sanchez. And please dont tell me someone else.

I personally would rather have Fitzgerald, Vick gets hurt all the time and Sanchez is Sanchez, enough is enough!!!
    I assume you mean Fitzpatrick, and not Fitzgerald. But I don't really understand... Why are these the only 3 options? And the Bills are paying Fitzpatrick $10.5M next season, and if they cut him, he's still getting $10M. So that's as unlikely as Sanchez getting cut.

Fitzpatrick will be 30 next season, and still hasn't won more than 5 games in a season. Vick will be 33 next season, and I don't expect a running QB who takes a ton of hits to age well. Of 3 options, I supposed it would be Fitzpatrick, but when you consider that the Bills aren't cutting him, and the Jets are giving Sanchez a lot of money. It's safe to say that Sanchez will be with the team in 2013, and I can only hope they are drafting a QB this year.

Veteran
    Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I assume you mean Fitzpatrick, and not Fitzgerald. But I don't really understand... Why are these the only 3 options? And the Bills are paying Fitzpatrick $10.5M next season, and if they cut him, he's still getting $10M. So that's as unlikely as Sanchez getting cut.

Fitzpatrick will be 30 next season, and still hasn't won more than 5 games in a season. Vick will be 33 next season, and I don't expect a running QB who takes a ton of hits to age well. Of 3 options, I supposed it would be Fitzpatrick, but when you consider that the Bills aren't cutting him, and the Jets are giving Sanchez a lot of money. It's safe to say that Sanchez will be with the team in 2013, and I can only hope they are drafting a QB this year.
    Yes I mean Fitzpatrick sorry about that. But in terms of his contract and what the bills are possibly thinking In Buffalo, the search is on for a franchise quarterback. Which means that the current quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick, will likely be dumped before he earns another $3 million in March.

All League
    None of those 3 will be here next year ...but I will play along......fitz without a doubt 1st...Vick a distant 2nd ....and suckchez a even more distant 3rd.

All League
    Sanchez duh. He was an all-star out there today!

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    None of those 3 will be here next year ...but I will play along......fitz without a doubt 1st...Vick a distant 2nd ....and suckchez a even more distant 3rd.
    I wish I could agree with you because I am so tired of a below avergae QB but i just cant come up with someone for next year that i would get excited about and knowing how much we have invested in Sanchez it gets me more depressed.
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 11-18-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Veteran
    Sitting out another year with Sanchez.

Get rid of Tebow because all he is is a huge distraction to the team.
    Keep Sanchez! He proved he can take us to 2 AFCCG. Build up a team around him. Having a RB like LT helped alot. Edwards and Holmes were 2 great WRs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Keep Sanchez! He proved he can take us to 2 AFCCG. Build up a team around him. Having a RB like LT helped alot. Edwards and Holmes were 2 great WRs.
    Amen brother

Sanchez is an NFL QB. Without drive destroyer Teblow anywhere near the field for nearly three quarters yesterday he showed it big-time

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Amen brother

Sanchez is an NFL QB. Without drive destroyer Teblow anywhere near the field for nearly three quarters yesterday he showed it big-time

Bwahaahaha.

Freaking 4th year starter with 60+ starts under his belt showed it "big time" yesterday by passing for a whopping 178 yards.

Amazing. He did what you'd ask a rookie to do, which is to hit open receivers and not frak things up by turning the ball over (like he had been doing).

Great, he accomplished that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Bwahaahaha.

Freaking 4th year starter with 60+ starts under his belt showed it "big time" yesterday by passing for a whopping 178 yards.

Amazing. He did what you'd ask a rookie to do, which is to hit open receivers and not frak things up by turning the ball over (like he had been doing).

Great, he accomplished that.
    Thats all he has to do here. This isnt the Patriots system where he has to throw for 400yds and 3TDs every game.
    The Jets are built to run the ball and play defense. And if it wasnt for Hills drop and Hills inability to locate a perceft thrown ball down the sideline Sanchez wouldve been 17/20 for over 200yds.

All League
    This.

Fitzpatrick???? LOL come on. We all see first hand how bad he can be unless throwing against NE. Atleast Sanchez has won some playoff games, playing big in big spots......not as often as we would like.....but atleast he HAS done it.

Sent from my LG-P999

Thats all he has to do here. This isnt the Patriots system where he has to throw for 400yds and 3TDs every game.
    The Jets are built to run the ball and play defense. And if it wasnt for Hills drop and Hills inability to locate a perceft thrown ball down the sideline Sanchez wouldve been 17/20 for over 200yds.

Or, if Sanchez hadn't hit the one St. Louis player in the freaking back, he might have been over 200.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the win. But as I said in another thread, it's not like the offense was any kind of juggernaught. We had 289 yards of total offense today. Our longest drive was 63 yards, the next longest was 38. We squandered a number of chances to score TDs and had to settle for FGs.

The defense isn't always going to give us the ball on the opponent's 9 yard line.

Just to put things in perspective, the 1-7 KC Chiefs are the poster child of inept offense in the NFL, and they managed to put up 171 yards passing today between Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell, and they amassed 284 yards of total offense.

Putting it even further into perspective, we rank 30th in total offense with an avg of 301.3 yds per game, so we actually just lowered out average.

Jets Insider VIP
    Could have been worse demo

WE could have played your POS Teblow more and got our butts kicked. Thankfully we played our NFL qualified QB Mark Sanchez instead and won handily

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Or, if Sanchez hadn't hit the one St. Louis player in the freaking back, he might have been over 200.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the win. But as I said in another thread, it's not like the offense was any kind of juggernaught. We had 289 yards of total offense today. Our longest drive was 63 yards, the next longest was 38. We squandered a number of chances to score TDs and had to settle for FGs.

The defense isn't always going to give us the ball on the opponent's 9 yard line.

Just to put things in perspective, the 1-7 KC Chiefs are the poster child of inept offense in the NFL, and they managed to put up 171 yards passing today between Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell, and they amassed 284 yards of total offense.

Putting it even further into perspective, we rank 30th in total offense with an avg of 301.3 yds per game, so we actually just lowered out average.
    Teams tend to throw the ball more often and further downfield when trailing. The Jets had a comfortable lead and were able to run the ball more. Not exactly a fair comparison.