Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoddy showed his true colors again

Shoddy showed his true colors again

Nice to see shoddy prove to the non believers that he stinks!

Did that look familiar or what?

Beautiful opening drive

That's all folks!

Jets fans saw that film over the last 6 years

Schotty is one of the most inept minds in football. I'm not even exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Nice to see shoddy prove to the non believers that he stinks!

Did that look familiar or what?

Beautiful opening drive

That's all folks!

Jets fans saw that film over the last 6 years
    This is awesome because it's exactly what I said to my Dad when he was getting worked up.. Schotty scripts fantastic opening drives and then it's **** the bed time. We've seen that movie before.

Bradford had 44 pass attempts for 170 yards

The Rams had 1 pass that went for 20+ yards

Schottyball baby. It's the polar opposite of unstoppable.

Hall Of Fame
    Sparano isnt much better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    ...and it's back to earth.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    This is awesome because it's exactly what I said to my Dad when he was getting worked up.. Schotty scripts fantastic opening drives and then it's **** the bed time. We've seen that movie before.
    I hate, HATE, Schitty as much as anyone...but this is not accurate. Schitty went 19 straight games without an opening drive TD for the Jets, the scripted 15 plays that he had a week to prepare based on the film of an opponent. Schitty failed miserably as the Jets' OC on the opening drive. More often than not, the Jets' offensive gameplan appeared to be designed by their opponents' defensive coordinator. "Let's play to their strength" was Schitty's philosophy, because " it will fool them." Whoopdy fn' doo... the Rams scored on the opening drive. After that, the Jet corners were jumping routes because they knew the play. It is clear that Sparano is infinitely better than Schitty as an OC to anyone that is paying attention. Sparano's only weakness, IMO, is not knowing how to use Tebow (like letting him run somebody over to get into the endzone on 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line.) Sparano's offense creates big play opportunities every week, unfortunately, an inaccurate Mark doesn't always make the throw. Schitty rarely, or never, created big play opportunities in the passing game. Schitty called the same slants and curls over and over. The Jets' defensive backs jumped the routes they knew were coming...just like their opponents did the past few years. Schitty cost the Jets an AFC Title game in Pittsburgh with his ridiculous attempt to pick up a 3rd and 17 with a minute and a half left in the first half deep in their own territory... The correct call was to run a draw and punt. Schitty preferred to put Mark in a 7-step drop, a low reward/high risk situation, that resulted in a strip sack TD for the Steelers. This call put the Steelers up 24-0. The Jets fought back to score 19 unanswered points which would have been enough if Schitty didn't gift wrap them 7. Schitty sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by RoadFan; 11-19-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I hate, HATE, Schitty as much as anyone...but this is not accurate. Schitty went 19 straight games without an opening drive TD for the Jets, the scripted 15 plays that he had a week to prepare based on the film of an opponent. Schitty failed miserably as the Jets' OC on the opening drive. More often than not, the Jets' offensive gameplan appeared to be designed by their opponents' defensive coordinator. "Let's play to their strength" was Schitty's philosophy, because " it will fool them." Whoopdy fn' doo... the Rams scored on the opening drive. After that, the Jet corners were jumping routes because they knew the play. It is clear that Sparano is infinitely better than Schitty as an OC to anyone that is paying attention. Sparano's only weakness, IMO, is not knowing how to use Tebow (like letting him run somebody over to get into the endzone on 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line.) Sparano's offense creates big play opportunities every week, unfortunately, an inaccurate Mark doesn't always make the throw. Schitty rarely, or never, created big play opportunities in the passing game. Schitty called the same slants and curls over and over. The Jets' defensive backs jumped the routes they knew were coming...just like their opponents did the past few years. Schitty cost the Jets an AFC Title game in Pittsburgh with his ridiculous attempt to pick up a 3rd and 17 with a minute and a half left in the first half deep in their own territory... The correct call was to run a draw and punt. Schitty preferred to put Mark in a 7-step drop, a low reward/high risk situation, that resulted in a strip sack TD for the Steelers. This call put the Steelers up 24-0. The Jets fought back to score 19 unanswered points which would have been enough if Schitty didn't gift wrap them 7. Schitty sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know your pain. Let it all out!

**** Schotty.

**** Sparano.

Most Madden players are better than these dunces at getting into an opponent's head.

Schotty was probably the reason the Jets were such notoriously slow starters. So when it comes to well scripted first drives? I have no idea what anyone is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    WRT Sparano, he's a mixed bag at this point. Some of his play calling has actually been pretty good, but even ignoring the whole Tebow thing, some of his play calling and design has been woeful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sparano's playcalling improved 1000% from the second quarter until near the end of the fourth when he deactivated Teblow and hogtied the drive destroyer to the bench.

Hopefully Westhoff finally figures it out and deactivates this untalented bum from Special Teams for the rest of the season too

Then the Jets can send him (and Demosthenes, ucrenegade and the entire rest of his worshipers) to another team or just cut him and move on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sparano's playcalling improved 1000% from the second quarter until near the end of the fourth when he deactivated Teblow and hogtied the drive destroyer to the bench.

Hopefully Westhoff finally figures it out and deactivates this untalented bum from Special Teams for the rest of the season too

Then the Jets can send him (and Demosthenes, ucrenegade and the entire rest of his worshipers) to another team or just cut him and move on

There's no reason to deactivate Tebow from anything, especially special teams. He's converted on 3 of 4 fake punts, and the one tonight was a great call that would have worked fine if Purdum had managed to execute his blocking assignment on the MLB, Laurinaitis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    There's no reason to deactivate Tebow from anything, especially special teams. He's converted on 3 of 4 fake punts, and the one tonight was a great call that would have worked fine if Purdum had managed to execute his blocking assignment on the MLB, Laurinaitis.
    As usual for you....everybody but Saint Timmys fault.

Enjoy feeding the horses and chickens next season and rooting for your Jags as your adored and worshipped worst QB in NFL history leads them to the first pick in the 2014 draft

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    As usual for you....everybody but Saint Timmys fault.

Enjoy feeding the horses and chickens next season and rooting for your Jags as your adored and worshipped worst QB in NFL history leads them to the first pick in the 2014 draft

What, you only venture on here to talk after a win? Take a hike fraud.

WRT Sparano, he's a mixed bag at this point. Some of his play calling has actually been pretty good, but even ignoring the whole Tebow thing, some of his play calling and design has been woeful.
    Jets have played some really tough Ds this year without a full stable of players & raw Azz receivers like Hill & Clyde
    Add to that not having all 3 backs healthy at the same time & it's not hard to see why it's hard to call plays.
    I think trying to work Tebow in has been disastrous.
    But I still think the jury's out & he's doing more with less than Shoddy did here for 6 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Jets have played some really tough Ds this year without a full stable of players & raw Azz receivers like Hill & Clyde
    Add to that not having all 3 backs healthy at the same time & it's not hard to see why it's hard to call plays.
    I think trying to work Tebow in has been disastrous.
    But I still think the jury's out & he's doing more with less than Shoddy did here for 6 years.
    He's definitely better than Schoddy, but that's not saying much. With the tools Schoddy has available to him in St. Louis, he ought to have been more productive than they we're yesterday. But then... Schoddy sucks.

Sparano is much better than Schotty. Same curls and slants that will get jumped eventually

Veteran
    I hear you. Sparano is clearly not the best OC in football by any stretch, but I cannot stomach when some of the idiots here try to explain why Schitty was better than Sparano. It is not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Very true, but at least we don't have to see empty backfield, spread formations on 3rd and 1 anymore.