Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoddy showed his true colors again

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were many times we did move the ball effectively on the first drive, and would score. Yes we had a stretch where that didn't happen, but overall, we did move the ball effectively on opening drives.

Problem was, that was all we could do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where was the "great" playcalling in the Miami and Seattle games?? One win vs. a crappy team that was coming off their game of the year means squat. A win Thursday night gets me back in the game... Just have been down this road too many times...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    There's no reason to deactivate Tebow from anything, especially special teams. He's converted on 3 of 4 fake punts, and the one tonight was a great call that would have worked fine if Purdum had managed to execute his blocking assignment on the MLB, Laurinaitis.
    I think you mean if somebody knew the Rams D was still on the field they woulda just changed the play to a punt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sparano isnt much better.
    The plays called are clearly better...

Just a shame we have a QB who can't throw a strike most games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Jets have played some really tough Ds this year without a full stable of players & raw Azz receivers like Hill & Clyde
    Add to that not having all 3 backs healthy at the same time & it's not hard to see why it's hard to call plays.
    I think trying to work Tebow in has been disastrous.
    But I still think the jury's out & he's doing more with less than Shoddy did here for 6 years.
    Like I said, you can ignore the whole Tebow issue, and even still, the play calling/design has been suspect wrt the running game.

Most the time, the blocking has been straight ahead man blocking, instead of attacking from angles and actually getting leverage. Good running teams like the 49'ers pull a guard or tackle or both on damned near every play.

The only runs that have really been successful are when we have pulled someone and they actually managed to get a block, or, we've run against a defensive spacing that's created angles by their own alignment. Like when a DE lines up in 5 tech outside the tackle and we run inside the tackle. Seriously, watch some of the games again and pay particular attention to blocking schemes. They've been terrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    I think you mean if somebody knew the Rams D was still on the field they woulda just changed the play to a punt.
    You do know that the coaches are aware of the fact that teams are leaving their base D on the field for punts ?

You are aware of the fact that them doing so doesn't stop us from running fakes ? That this isn't the first time, and won't be the last, that we run a fake against a base D ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    ...and it's back to earth.....
    DD can definitely ruin a wet dream.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But Shoddy has Sam Bradford, not Sanchez, to work with.

It was like deja vu all over again a welcome reminder to close the book on that chapter. First 15 plays scripted, then roll over and die. you'd think of all the teams Schoddy was going up against, he'd know a thing or two about the defense he practiced against for 3 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's all pretty amusing since the rams have better backs than the jets did and bradford is better than sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Bradford had 44 pass attempts for 170 yards

The Rams had 1 pass that went for 20+ yards

Schottyball baby. It's the polar opposite of unstoppable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you've got to be kidding. i don't claim to know what goes on between rex and sparano but i have seen way fewer 3 and outs with sparano and he has sanchez being sanchez, receivers and backs that are average and an oline that is still trying to get it together. it's way too early to be dissing sparano. on the other hand schitty was his same old schit eating grin self with a really poor offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody always has to take the Blame

On Yesterday i saw Brian Shottenheimer get hit from the blindside by Wilkerson and funble. I saw Shotty fumbled the ball after a nice gain on a running play. I saw Shotty hold the Ball forever and then throw it late to the edge on the wrong shoulder. I saw Shottty step up in the pocket and throw the ball at the feet of a wide open WR who could have scored if he had Sean Payton as his OC .

I saw all this and i immediately thought of all the times he did the same garbage when he was leading the NY Jets offense.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I saw was a team which was able to run the ball up the middle with consistency and then forget it had a running game.

BS at his best.

The Jet defense weak against the run …..and you have Steven Jackson result…Bradford throws 40 times.

God I so don’t miss that guy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sparano's playcalling improved 1000% from the second quarter until near the end of the fourth when he deactivated Teblow and hogtied the drive destroyer to the bench.

Hopefully Westhoff finally figures it out and deactivates this untalented bum from Special Teams for the rest of the season too

Then the Jets can send him (and Demosthenes, ucrenegade and the entire rest of his worshipers) to another team or just cut him and move on

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    LMAO- it's hard to believe that ucrenegade is really a Jets fan from the way he talks about how Tebow can make the team so much better in every post.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I once saw a HC acting as his own OC run the football 22 straight time in an attempt to hide his QB . It worked, they scored a TD and then another, but they lost the game. On Yesterday the Rams did not stop runing the ball , the problem was when they attempted to run play action the QB didn't execute very well.

Maybe he has garbage talent around him also.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    LMAO- it's hard to believe that ucrenegade is really a Jets fan from the way he talks about how Tebow can make the team so much better in every post.
    Tebow probably could, at FB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You do know that the coaches are aware of the fact that teams are leaving their base D on the field for punts ?

You are aware of the fact that them doing so doesn't stop us from running fakes ? That this isn't the first time, and won't be the last, that we run a fake against a base D ?
    Well then I stand corrected. It's clear the coaches heads are up Tebow's ass as far as yours is.

Thanks for clarifying these tidbits.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenAFFLICTION View Post
    What I saw was a team which was able to run the ball up the middle with consistency and then forget it had a running game.

BS at his best.

The Jet defense weak against the run …..and you have Steven Jackson result…Bradford throws 40 times.

Hey Tin, I know you're probably hopeless, but read the above. The Rams were running all over the Jets, but instead of sticking with what works, Schitthead decided to show everyone how "smart" he is. Schitty decided to play right into the teeth of the Jets defense....the secondary. That moron cost the Jets 2 or 3 wins every year, and an AFC Title game in Pittsburgh. Bradford is doomed to fail, and yet you and a few others will still manage to defend that guy. You shouldn't even watch football if you don't see how bad he is. Try watching curling, you might find the broom entertaining...
    Last edited by RoadFan; 11-19-2012 at 08:39 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Well then I stand corrected. It's clear the coaches heads are up Tebow's ass as far as yours is.

Thanks for clarifying these tidbits.
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenAFFLICTION View Post

BS at his best.

Schotty is so inept it's laughable.

The Jets made every mistake and miscue they could muster in the 1st quarter. If the Rams had a semi-competent OC they would have beaten us or at least given us a huge run for our money yesterday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    On Yesterday i saw Brian Shottenheimer get hit from the blindside by Wilkerson and funble. I saw Shotty fumbled the ball after a nice gain on a running play. I saw Shotty hold the Ball forever and then throw it late to the edge on the wrong shoulder. I saw Shottty step up in the pocket and throw the ball at the feet of a wide open WR who could have scored if he had Sean Payton as his OC .

I saw all this and i immediately thought of all the times he did the same garbage when he was leading the NY Jets offense.
    I remember the snobs who used to defend Brian Schottenheimer. Subscribe to the school of thought that playcalling has little to nothing to do with the outcomes of football games. Too bad that school of thought gets debunked on just about a weekly basis.

Am I bitter? Hells yeah I'm bitter. Between 2008 - 2010 we probably make the Super Bowl at least once if it wasn't for Brian Schottenheimer's stupidity. This loser can't get excommunicated out of the NFL soon enough.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 11-19-2012 at 08:52 PM.