Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why can't we enjoy a win?

Why can't we enjoy a win?

How come when we win a game, we get the same jets fans disparaging the win?
    Can't we just enjoy & have some hope?
    We know the Rams aren't great, but they did beat the Seahawks, should have beaten the 49ers on the road.
    Are they a great team? No
    But this is the NFL
    Look at the Jags vs Texans yesterday
    The only reason the Pats are so tough to beat is they score tons of points, having the best QB in history, playing in the same system for years.
    Playing from behind is not easy.
    We're an average team with an average QB, so every win is a good win.
    If you look at the Patriots, even without Gronk they still have more weapons & experience on offense.
    Now we have fans telling other fans, " how dare you enjoy a win, we suck, the Rams suck.
    I don't understand why fans like that would even enjoy football?
    Really, what is the point of turning the TV on if you can't enjoy it?
    What do they say if we beat the Pats?
    Too little too late?
    How would you like to be an Eagles fan?
    Imagine if we had the Eagles offensive players & lost 6 in a row?

Right now, watching wins is a double-edged sword and maddening. Of course, you want the team to win. The problem is that every victory makes the possibility of Rex, Sparano, Tanny, and Sanchez as next year's "brain trust" a more likely possibility.

Because we're still a 4 win football team with only one game left in November.

We haven't beat anyone and we're 4-6.

Why do we have to treat every win like we won the Super Bowl?

Beat New England and I'll be impressed and start to believe that maybe this team can make a Wild Card run, but if they do that they better ****ing make it there because a 7-9 or 8-8 finish means everyone is coming back and we're screwed for next season. If we're going to be screwed for next season we may as well make some sort of run this year before the inevitable smack down by Houston, Denver or New England in the postseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    How come when we win a game, we get the same jets fans disparaging the win?Can't we just enjoy & have some hope?
    We know the Rams aren't great, but they did beat the Seahawks, should have beaten the 49ers on the road.
    But this is the NFL
    The only reason the Pats are so tough to beat is they score tons of points, having the best QB in history, playing in the same system for years.
    If you look at the Patriots, even without Gronk they still have more weapons & experience on offense.
    Now we have fans telling other fans, " how dare you enjoy a win, we suck, the Rams suck.
    Too little too late?
    Because for many crapping and being negative is their prime enjoyment.. I'm extremely pissed the way this season has gone but posting the same stuff day after day doesn't make sense to me.. I wonder how the Seahawk fans felt when the Rams beat them..

Hall Of Fame
    But this is the NFL
    Too little too late?
    No. We are an Average to bad team with a terrible QB and a mismanaged roster. This means we are going to get even worse before we get better because the pipeline for young talent and general roster depth is not in place.

What is worse and to Borgo's points, every win in a year where the playoffs are not a realistic possibility represents a move away from the top of the draft where the true game changing talent is available. If you do not buy this then look at what the Colts and Redskins managed to collect for themselves with high draft positions. As Borgo also points out, each of these wins also increases the outside chance that the same gang of clowns who created this mess in the first place might actually keep their jobs.

Jets Insider VIP
    every win in a year where the playoffs are not a realistic possibility represents a move away from the top of the draft where the true game changing talent is available.
    End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    No. We are an Average to bad team with a terrible QB and a mismanaged roster. This means we are going to get even worse before we get better because the pipeline for young talent and general roster depth is not in place.

What is worse and to Borgo's points, every win in a year where the playoffs are not a realistic possibility represents a move away from the top of the draft where the true game changing talent is available. If you do not buy this then look at what the Colts and Redskins managed to collect for themselves with high draft positions. As Borgo also points out, each of these wins also increases the outside chance that the same gang of clowns who created this mess in the first place might actually keep their jobs.
    The Redskins traded their draft they didn't have a pick that would get them RG3. People on this board were generally disparaging of there move to get RG3.

Sanchez is still terrible!

All League
    Being a Jets fan, we have enjoyed atleast as much, if not more success in the last 13-14 years than:

Miami
    Buffalo
    Houston
    Tennessee
    Jacksonville
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland
    San Diego
    Oakland
    Kansas City
    Denver
    Washington
    Philadelphia
    Dallas
    Carolina
    Atlanta
    Arizona
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Chicago

Yet some Jets fans feel they have it so bad.....poor little guys.....we need to be extra nice to these entitled, privileged, sensitive bunch......don't want them to shed any more tears than they already have over the past decade plus.
    Sent from my LG-P999

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Being a Jets fan, we have enjoyed atleast as much, if not more success in the last 13-14 years than:

Miami
    Buffalo
    Houston
    Tennessee
    Jacksonville
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland
    San Diego
    Oakland
    Kansas City
    Denver
    Washington
    Philadelphia
    Dallas
    Carolina
    Atlanta
    Arizona
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Chicago

Yet some Jets fans feel they have it so bad.....poor little guys.....we need to be extra nice to these entitled, privileged, sensitive bunch......don't want them to shed any more tears than they already have over the past decade plus.
    Sent from my LG-P999
    Unless I missed something both Chicago and Arizona went to a SB in the last 10 years, SF was in the NFL finals and actually was in the game until the end last year, Philadelphia has been far better then the Jets the last decade not that any of that matters.

The tantilizing mediocrity that the NFL rewards, the lipstick on the pig if you will still doesn't disguise the fact that with the exception of 98 the Jets have not fielded a great team capable of winning a SB despite the hype.

if we win on thursday night the playoffs are very reachable. im hoping this team goes on a spectacular run.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Unless I missed something both Chicago and Arizona went to a SB in the last 10 years, SF was in the NFL finals and actually was in the game until the end last year, Philadelphia has been far better then the Jets the last decade not that any of that matters.

The tantilizing mediocrity that the NFL rewards, the lipstick on the pig if you will still doesn't disguise the fact that with the exception of 98 the Jets have not fielded a great team capable of winning a SB despite the hype.
    What are the NFL finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if we win on thursday night the playoffs are very reachable. im hoping this team goes on a spectacular run.
    I would agree with this. IF we beat the Pats (which I don't see how it's possible) they could win 4 of the last 5.

9 and 7 likely gets you a spot.

I don't see them winning out if they lose to the Pats.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post

The Jets were in 3 " Finals " in that period, have as much SBs as those 3 in that period.....more winning seasons than Arizona, SF, playoff wins are right up their with Chicago.

Point is, half of these Jets fans remind me of the kid that bangs their foot and cries for an hour. You aren't the only fans that haven't won a SB, and you have had more success than 2/3rds of the NFL last 14 years.......quit the btchin or go become a Pats fan.

Sent from my LG-P999

All Pro
    We were completely left for dead in 09. Rex even said we were mathematically eliminated. These guys never said we had a great team then. Now they talk about that team like we had all pros at every position, and we've been decimated over the last 3 years. The Colts lost last night, and we can possibly still be in this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Because for many crapping and being negative is their prime enjoyment.. I'm extremely pissed the way this season has gone but posting the same stuff day after day doesn't make sense to me.. I wonder how the Seahawk fans felt when the Rams beat them..
    I'm pissed too, I expected more, but this season smacked me with reality.
    There are only 5-6 great QBs in the league & unfortunately we don't have one of them.
    Bart Scott, Calvin Pace are old slow & shot. How many LBs would be caught as fast as he was on that fumble recovery?
    Hills hands are horrendous, our best WR is our slot guy Kerley.
    But, I'm hoping Davis can step up, maybe Sapp will show something, & if we could finally find a pass rushing demon in the draft it will make Mo & Coples that much harder to block.
    The Tebow thing is an unmitigated disaster & Sparano should just shelve it except on goal line.
    It is what it is, but I still watch & hope for wins.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We were completely left for dead in 09. Rex even said we were mathematically eliminated. These guys never said we had a great team then. Now they talk about that team like we had all pros at every position, and we've been decimated over the last 3 years. The Colts lost last night, and we can possibly still be in this thing.
    right you are. changes the entire outlook on things. 1 game at a time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Agreed with this..there is a very small chance, and it would be nice to make a run.

BUT...REX not knowing the obvious in 2009 was simply a small hint of things to come in his lack of leadership and management skill.

you never know, if sanchez can get his act together, the D cont to play better, powell gets more PT, they could go on a run.

But this is the NFL
    Too little too late?
    Because it means NOTHING. Haven't you noticed we are still 4-6? That sucks.

So because we won yesterday, does that mean we are SB ready? NO.

We are still a punchline. Our defense is very inconsistent this season. And our offense is a f*cking joke. We are going NOWHERE this season.

That should anger ANYONE when you consider only two seasons ago we were knocking on the SB door.

It points to poor management and leadership. It lets us know that our organization sucks at the top.