Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do they do it?

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    How do the Patriots lose Olineman & not miss a beat?
    Brady still stands there & eats a sandwich.
    QBs are under pressure all over the NFL but Brady still throws from the pocket with little pressure.
    I know Dante has been there for years but I mean come on!
    I've always felt they were the best "holders" in the league. I'm not disparaging this, if Dante has some type of technique for holding well, than more power to him.
    Other Olineman coaches including ours should be emulating their scheme because it works.
    No team can score like the Pats including the Saints.
    I think because they throw all those "quick" passes, the Olineman are taught to hold inside because you don't have to do it for long.
    3 seconds & bam, welker or Edelman, are running across the formation.
    I think that's why Rex had success vs Pats with his muddled defense & if I remember correctly, Mangini also beat them using that walk around defense.
    The other thing they get away with is blocking on those quick screens & bubble screens B4 Brady has released the ball because the refs are old slow guys and can't keep up with that really quick action.
    You only see it on the replays.
    It's not like Belichick hasn't "stretched the rules" before.
    refs r part of the nfl union .. There paid to turn the cheek... Unions hav a plan and there plans always work, ALWAYS!!! sux i know..

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    ditto
    The Pats defense was miles better in 2008 than this 2012 bunch. Also, if you remember your history in 2008, the Pats played no one with a winning record, or something like that.
    I was at the game that Sunday night Pats vs Jets.
    Jets won.

The pats use a lot of picks on olineman. Mankins and Solder are 1s, Volmer is a 2nd. The TE has to be able to inline block. Then, Brady stays in the pocket
    the olineman don't have to worry that he is rolling out they have 3yd by 3yd area to keep clean. Brady is very good at pre snap reads and audibles out.
    The WRs run hot routes and have good blitz recognition.

Like almost everything else in football each groups effectiveness is contingent upon the others groups doing their jobs. On the pats it works with the oline and it does not work with the DBs

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    He's also a bad dresser.
    LOL. The Friar TucK outfits from a few year's ago still get me laughing.

Brady presnap reads and adjusts protection. He also reads post snap and knows where to go with the ball. These are things Sanchez is light yrs behind the Brady's, Mannings and Bree's.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I don't know why it's so hard for some people to figure it out...

Guys like Brady and Peyton Manning have such a great grasp of the pocket on each play that they understand when they have time and when they don't.
    There are many reasons why these guys are HOFs but this uncanny ability to sense the pressure is certainly one of them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The pats use a lot of picks on olineman. Mankins and Solder are 1s, Volmer is a 2nd. The TE has to be able to inline block. Then, Brady stays in the pocket
    the olineman don't have to worry that he is rolling out they have 3yd by 3yd area to keep clean. Brady is very good at pre snap reads and audibles out.
    The WRs run hot routes and have good blitz recognition.

Like almost everything else in football each groups effectiveness is contingent upon the others groups doing their jobs. On the pats it works with the oline and it does not work with the DBs
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brady presnap reads and adjusts protection. He also reads post snap and knows where to go with the ball. These are things Sanchez is light yrs behind the Brady's, Mannings and Bree's.
    He also has a ridiculously quick release. Him and Manning help their respective lines immeasurably in that area.

The Giants don't do anything schematically different than anyone else against the Patriots.

They rush 4 and drop 7, just like everybody else does.

The difference is that their 4 guys get to Brady way more often than anyone else's 4 guys.

They win with talent, not scheme. Their pass rushers win 1 on 1 battles that other players lose. Other teams rush 4 and Brady gets to stand back there for 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The way to beat the Patriots is to have a couple of your 350+ pound d-lineman land on Tom Brady a few times and have him come up hobbling. The Patriots do significantly worse when Tom Brady's jersey is dirty. Brady, believe it or not, is pretty easily shaken. He would never take the hits that Sanchez takes and be able to function on the same level.

The Giants have set the game plan for the Pats. Slam Tom Brady early and often and you will win the game... The minute Brady starts getting harrassed and slammed he starts to lose control and begin yelling and screaming and making mistakes. He doesn't want to get his knee hurt again like he did a couple of years ago, that is always in his mind, and if your d-lineman slam him a few times he gets rattled. This is why he hates playing the Giants, and this is the strategy the Jets need to employ on Thursday too.
    This is totally right! The games the Jets have beaten the Pats were games that they pressured Brady enough to get him rattled. Getting his uni dirty is something he does not like so they need to come at him hard early and risk a late hit penalty or two. You know the refs will give it anyway for hitting him so you might as well play hard and don't worry about it. I'm not saying try to injure ok pats fans so chill I'm just saying let it go and be aggressive until he's on his butt!!