Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105

Thread: The Jets can't even lose right

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Clowney will be a Top 3 pick when he comes out. Could go #1 overall depending on if the team drafting has a QB already. We have no chance of getting him.

    That said, we are costing ourselves draft position but it doesn't matter b.c as long as this regime is picking we will botch the pick.
    We have Sanchez back next year and his backup can't throw.

    This team could very well be the worst team in football next year.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I don't think anybody realizes how bad that win was yesterday.

    A) We're likely out of the top 10 in this year's draft now.

    B) A win in which Sanchez looked passable (which is deemed acceptable by this idiot coach and GM and his stooges) delays the inevitable Tebow swap, basically pushing back the entire time line because you are out of your mind if you think Woody isn't going to force Tebow to get a shot at starting after they finally scrap Sanchez.

    C) A&B tie to the fact that this team is boring. The offense is horrid to watch. The system is boring, there's not a single elite playmaker. There's essentially nothing outside of how awful Sanchez looks the majority of the time. How bad is it? I'd rather watch the Browns. At least Trent Richardson is exciting. Most sane football fans are probably with me.

    D) If they somehow make the playoffs, which is essentially going undefeated after the Patriots game (almost a guaranteed loss as they've hit their stride) then Woody will continue soldiering forward with these clowns. Which means you are perpetually in limbo. Stuck with #5 overall QB's picked while mortgaging drafts for more boring football......

    I'd rather they suck for the next two years, get Jadaveon Clowney and whether they are good or not are irrelevant.

    At the very least Clowney will be entertaining.
    FAIL!!!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    I thought Clowney was not eligible for This draft? He's a true soph no?
    I must be the only person aware that the Jets can't cut Mark Sanchez after this season.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    FAIL!!!
    That's the point.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,793
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    We have Sanchez back next year and his backup can't throw.

    This team could very well be the worst team in football next year.
    Is he staying in school? Has to be 2 yrs removed from HS to be eligible?

    IMO, with our current roster, our "rock bottom" is 4 wins. Even with Tebow at QB. I don't ever see this team winning 1 or 3 games.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is he staying in school? Has to be 2 yrs removed from HS to be eligible?

    IMO, with our current roster, our "rock bottom" is 4 wins. Even with Tebow at QB. I don't ever see this team winning 1 or 3 games.
    Clowney is essentially guaranteed to be coming out after his Junior year, barring injury. That makes him part of the draft class of 2014.

    He likely would have been drafted ahead of his own teammate, Melvin Ingram, THIS YEAR following a solitary freshman campaign.

    For comparison's sake, this guy is a better prospect than Mario Williams. Who was the #1 overall pick ahead of one of the most hyped RB prospect (Bush) in history.

    Clowney will have absolutely nothing to gain from a Senior year and will only be delaying a payday as the #1 overall pick (most likely unless Manziel also comes out that year, then there would be some debate.)

    Just for a point of reference:

    Remember when Ditka traded his entire draft (literally) for Ricky Williams?

    Tannenbaum could do the exact same thing and anybody who argued with him would be an idiot.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Every year we get this discussion...

    Despite my love for the draft, my thought is to win every game possible because losing becomes a habit.

    What bothers me is that the same people who want us to lose every game for the pick, are the same people who would Rex gone if we did lose every game.
    I want the team to win as many games as possible and unless you are looking at a top 3 pick tanking is not desirable. However the bigger worry is what has been stated, that the coach and front office will think this team is actually close to really contending. Hell Eric smiths int last game probably made him a starter with a contract extension.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    A) We're likely out of the top 10 in this year's draft now.
    So? Gholston, 6th overall. Revis, 24th overall.

    It's not when you pick, it's who you pick and why.

    B) A win in which Sanchez looked passable (which is deemed acceptable by this idiot coach and GM and his stooges) delays the inevitable Tebow swap, basically pushing back the entire time line because you are out of your mind if you think Woody isn't going to force Tebow to get a shot at starting after they finally scrap Sanchez.
    There will not be a Tebow insertion, this year, or ever.

    C) A&B tie to the fact that this team is boring. The offense is horrid to watch. The system is boring, there's not a single elite playmaker. There's essentially nothing outside of how awful Sanchez looks the majority of the time. How bad is it? I'd rather watch the Browns. At least Trent Richardson is exciting. Most sane football fans are probably with me.
    So go watch the Browns then.

    D) If they somehow make the playoffs, which is essentially going undefeated after the Patriots game (almost a guaranteed loss as they've hit their stride) then Woody will continue soldiering forward with these clowns. Which means you are perpetually in limbo. Stuck with #5 overall QB's picked while mortgaging drafts for more boring football......
    Woody is probably "soldiering on" with all of these guys regardless. Tanny, Rex and Sanchez get 2013, if they fail, all three are gone. But they're getting 2013.

    I'd rather they suck for the next two years, get Jadaveon Clowney and whether they are good or not are irrelevant.
    Because "sucking for years" is the proven key to building a winning franchise in the NFL. Just look at all the exampl......oh. Right.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Because "sucking for years" is the proven key to building a winning franchise in the NFL. Just look at all the exampl......oh. Right.
    Eli Manning, Luck, RGIII, Von Miller, and A.J. Green all have what in common?

    Their teams all sucked and got them and not a single one of them was a contentious pick. Every team that drafted them have as good or better record than the Jets. With Eli arguably being the best QB in the NFL and A.J. Green almost inarguably being the best WR in the NFL this year.

    Luck and RG III are far better than Sanchez in their first year. Von Miller's one of the top 5 pass rushers in the league. I mean even an absolutely terrible front office would not have passed on these guys. Luck, RGII, and Eli were absolute NO BRAINERS.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 11-19-2012 at 11:40 AM.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,024
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is he staying in school? Has to be 2 yrs removed from HS to be eligible?

    IMO, with our current roster, our "rock bottom" is 4 wins. Even with Tebow at QB. I don't ever see this team winning 1 or 3 games.
    3 years removed from High School. Clowney is not draft eligible this year. Didnt we go over this with you a couple days ago??

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,024
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Eli Manning, Luck, RGIII, Von Miller, and A.J. Green all have what in common?

    Their teams all sucked and got them and not a single one of them was a contentious pick. Every team that drafted them have as good or better record than the Jets. With Eli arguably being the best QB in the NFL and A.J. Green almost inarguably being the best WR in the NFL this year.

    Luck and RG III are far better than Sanchez in their first year. Von Miller's one of the top 5 pass rushers in the league. I mean even an absolutely terrible front office would not have passed on these guys. Luck, RGII, and Eli were absolute NO BRAINERS.
    So what is your point? Has there not been top 5 draft picks that have been busts?

    So who is your no brainer in this years draft?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Eli Manning, Luck, RGIII, Von Miller, and A.J. Green all have what in common?
    They were all picked around the same spot as Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler & Ryan Leaf?

    Their teams also did not "suck for years". The Colts were bad for all of one season. One.

    There is no example of a team that used "sucking for years" as a tactic to build a Champion. None.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So? Gholston, 6th overall. Revis, 24th overall.

    It's not when you pick, it's who you pick and why.



    There will not be a Tebow insertion, this year, or ever.



    So go watch the Browns then.



    Woody is probably "soldiering on" with all of these guys regardless. Tanny, Rex and Sanchez get 2013, if they fail, all three are gone. But they're getting 2013.



    Because "sucking for years" is the proven key to building a winning franchise in the NFL. Just look at all the exampl......oh. Right.
    Ha ha, that's awesome!
    We have sucked many, many, many years & I don't remember one 1st round draft pick that changed the course of this team?
    Hey, Colts got lucky & they tanked it & no one complained because they no longer had Payton. They still lost 59-24 yesterday.
    Pats picked Gronk in the 2nd & Hernandez in the 4th!
    Jets need to do a better job in the draft, no matter where they end up picking, that's the bottom line.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    3 years removed from High School. Clowney is not draft eligible this year. Didnt we go over this with you a couple days ago??
    Yes. But the team's woes extend beyond just a single draft.

    I was hoping for Lattimore this year and Clowney next, but Lattimore's out.

    They won't draft another QB with Sanchez still on the roster this year. So they'll probably end up with Bernard or Randle because if RB isn't a priority then these guy's are delusional.

    You can probably trade down and grab one of them late in the first and begin attempting to build up a stock of picks in the '14 draft to get Clowney or Manziel.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    They were all picked around the same spot as Tim Couch, Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler & Ryan Leaf?

    Their teams also did not "suck for years". The Colts were bad for all of one season. One.

    There is no example of a team that used "sucking for years" as a tactic to build a Champion. None.
    Who is saying SUCKING FOR YEARS?

    Two years???? As a fan, I'll take two years of awful for HOPE and some true TOP FLIGHT TALENT.

    Couch, Mirer, Shuler, and Leaf ARE NOT CLOWNEY.

  16. #36

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Who is saying SUCKING FOR YEARS?

    Two years???? As a fan, I'll take two years of awful for HOPE and some true TOP FLIGHT TALENT.

    Couch, Mirer, Shuler, and Leaf ARE NOT CLOWNEY.
    You have no idea what Clowney will be. All you have is an amataur projectionism, a fantasy that he is "the answer".

    Professionals in this league all though those gusy were what Luck and RGIII and Clowney are/could be.

    And lets be clear, Luck and RGIII are solid, well-playing rookies. Rookies. Who knows what THEIR next year is. And while Luck is doing well, RGIII has what, 3 wins? Guess the Skins needed more than a hyped up running QB "answer" to win games, eh?

    By all means, if rooting against your team makes you happy, then do so. It will not change anything, except your loyalty )or lack therof) to the team you claim to be rooting for.

  18. #38
    OP:

    Our offense sucks, so let's bomb this year and draft a defensive player.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So what is your point? Has there not been top 5 draft picks that have been busts?

    So who is your no brainer in this years draft?
    Again:

    The best expenditure of picks in this year's draft would be to trade down and stockpile picks in the '13 draft, just like how Parcells built the Jets with 3 first rounders in the 2000 draft.

    That is what good GM's do. Holmgren appeared to be doing that this year, for example, but for some unknown reason drafted Weeden who anybody with a brain knew was a side-grade from McCoy and would be entering as a 28 year old rookie over the younger McCoy.

    Let me put it to you this way:

    Accorsi knew well enough to do this, despite having Hall of Famer Kurt Warner on his roster. He still drafted Eli.

    The Giants exemplify how to build a football team. Their front office does things the right way and given the current predicament of being locked into Sanchez for next season, then there's a great opportunity here to suck for either Manziel or Clowney. Clowney's a better prospect, though.

    What you are consistently ignoring is that Clowney, again barring injury, is the best defensive prospect EVER. Better than LT, Ware, or Mario Williams.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    OP:

    Our offense sucks, so let's bomb this year and draft a defensive player.
    The offense needs a QB.

    The defense needs youth and STILL needs an elite pass rusher. Sanchez is glued here next year and I'm still under the assumption that Woody will get his way with Tebow starting before Tebow is gone.

    So take that for what it's worth. Clowney isn't out until the 2013 draft. Sucking next year is basically inevitable with Scrub-chez.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us