Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Jets can't even lose right

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    That they are employees the same way you have a job and that the management is committed to winning, not moral victories.

Which is what losers are made out of.

Of course, this Front Office thinks Mark Sanchez is a capable NFL QB despite never once breaking 60% completion percentage in four seasons, which is generally regarded as the breaking point for AVERAGE QB's.
    You clearly have not managed or led a group of people or a team. You know what makes losers??? Telling your people to intentionally become losers....LOL. You have this Madden mentality where reality ceases to exist. You want to sacrifice 53 men for the ability to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    First off we had 4 first rd picks in 2000 ours,one from the Pats for BB and 2 from Tampa for KJ.. The only moving up he did was giving a 1st and 2nd pick to move up higher in the first to get Ellis..
    Regardless, the picks were stockpiled.

Abraham, Ellis, and Pennington were all pretty damned good for this team, too.

Hall Of Fame
    I would also say that if you asked any player on the Colts today who was the team last year that they would say it was the best move that management ever made. Even the ones who are no longer with the organization would probably privately admit to the same thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Regardless, the picks were stockpiled.

Abraham, Ellis, and Pennington were all pretty damned good for this team, too.
    Parcells inherited a ton of talent from Kotite. A ton of talent. That really is the greatest indictment of the Kotite era that he could not get that group of players to play better for him.

Parcells had a nose for sniffing out a situation that could not get any worse, a cork that was going to be headed upwards anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Anyway you are not telling the players to lay down and lose. That would be stupid. All you have to do is put an ineffective coaching staff in place and then take the safety first approach on any injury by having players sit on the bench until 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Anyway you are not telling the players to lay down and lose. That would be stupid. All you have to do is put an ineffective coaching staff in place and then take the safety first approach on any injury by having players sit on the bench until 100%.
    Essentially that. Like Caldwell in Indy last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Research this year's draft.

At the top you have Barkley (you want another QB outta USC????) and Gino Smith.

Then you move down and since Lattimore blew out his leg, the RB's take a dive to the bottom of round 2.

This team is headed for a pick in the teens, where there appears to be a glut of defensive and offensive linemen similar to last year.
    A mid first round OL could change the Jets fortunes quickly. Trade or otherwise acquire a viable top RB and this team looks a whole lot different.

All Pro
    The Indianapolis Colts have pretty much debunked this ridiculous myth for all time.... Period. End of story. End of Book. End of Library and time capsuled forever.

We got Gholston (cough cough) because we stupidly won game 16 for no damned good reason when the #3 overall would have been ours with a loss in game 16.

Can teams make bad picks with very high draft picks? Yes they can. Can teams find diamonds lower in the draft? Yes they can. But since nobody really knows for sure these players are graded along an asymptote and the chances of finding an all pro impact player in round-7 are vanishingly small. The drop from #1 to even #10 overall is massive in the mythical average draft class year.

The arguments against this approach were far more valid when the old CBA made top-6 picks almost into a salary cap liability. That is not true now.

If we are going to be noncompetitive anyway then I would much rather we get the higher draft pick IN EVERY ROUND. If you want to blindly repeat the same mantra then go ahead and repeat it but nobody is buying what you are selling any more. We tried it your way.
    Then you don't deserve to play....period. If your not on the field to win, stay home. What a stupid example about Luck. He was a one in a thousand draft pick, and the Colts sucked last year. But they didn't mail it in, kudos to them. You just don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    We are stuck with sanchez for at least one more year because of his contract. I don't see how people don't get that. Just gotta hope he improves.

And if we have a shot at a playoff birth, even a slim one, I will enjoy the w's.

Until we are officially out, I will not complain about a win.
    +1

This fanbase doesn't even win right

that's just foolish talk. first off there are 32 first drafted players each year vying for up to 22 or 24 different positions. obviously some positions get better value for being in the first round. skill positions or stud defensive players are the usual first rounders that means maybe 15 positions make up the first round. that means the top two plyers in the country will be represented so even if the jets win out they would get a good player though maybe not a guy drafted for need. right now the jets need lb's more oline a rb and receivers. all of these guys can be found in later rounds. certainly at least guys better than many of the current players.

it all comes down to the qb and a highly drafted guy is no guarantee these days.

I don't think anybody realizes how bad that win was yesterday.

A) We're likely out of the top 10 in this year's draft now.

B) A win in which Sanchez looked passable (which is deemed acceptable by this idiot coach and GM and his stooges) delays the inevitable Tebow swap, basically pushing back the entire time line because you are out of your mind if you think Woody isn't going to force Tebow to get a shot at starting after they finally scrap Sanchez.

C) A&B tie to the fact that this team is boring. The offense is horrid to watch. The system is boring, there's not a single elite playmaker. There's essentially nothing outside of how awful Sanchez looks the majority of the time. How bad is it? I'd rather watch the Browns. At least Trent Richardson is exciting. Most sane football fans are probably with me.

D) If they somehow make the playoffs, which is essentially going undefeated after the Patriots game (almost a guaranteed loss as they've hit their stride) then Woody will continue soldiering forward with these clowns. Which means you are perpetually in limbo. Stuck with #5 overall QB's picked while mortgaging drafts for more boring football......

I'd rather they suck for the next two years, get Jadaveon Clowney and whether they are good or not are irrelevant.

At the very least Clowney will be entertaining.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Then you don't deserve to play....period. If your not on the field to win, stay home. What a stupid example about Luck. He was a one in a thousand draft pick, and the Colts sucked last year. But they didn't mail it in, kudos to them. You just don't do it.
    Clearly you are the one who is being naiive here. They absolutely mailed it in with the expressed intent to end up with Luck. They planned it they executed on the plan and it worked like a charm. The owner was even emailing people. As an organization they are now set for the next 15 years as a direct result.

But carry on carrying on. You live in a simple world. I guess you never actually played chess or if you did you missed the class where the whole concept of of sacrifices was covered.

All Pro
    Clowney is a stud, but he's a DE not a QB... tanking not one but two seasons for any college player is really, really stupid.

But this perhaps the worst idea ever presented on this messageboard.

Bravo. We're all dumber for having read this.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    We are stuck with sanchez for at least one more year because of his contract. I don't see how people don't get that. Just gotta hope he improves.

And if we have a shot at a playoff birth, even a slim one, I will enjoy the w's.

Until we are officially out, I will not complain about a win.
    Giants fans where saying the saying thing about Eli a few years back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Clearly you are the one who is being naiive here. They absolutely mailed it in with the expressed intent to end up with Luck. They planned it they executed on the plan and it worked like a charm. The owner was even emailing people. As an organization they are now set for the next 15 years as a direct result.

But carry on carrying on. You live in a simple world. I guess you never actually played chess or if you did you missed the class where the whole concept of of sacrifices was covered.
    They lost to the Steelers 23-20,KC 28-24,Pats 31-24,Texans 19-16 they must have been the Champs of Tanking it..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB View Post
    Giants fans where saying the saying thing about Eli a few years back.
    Who cares?

For every Eli Manning that blooms late there are 50 Matt Leinart's, Joey Harrington's, Vince Young's and Rex Grossman's where what you see is what you get.

Why is it so hard for some of you guys just to see Sanchez for what he is?

If he played for Minnesota or Jacksonville (or any team other than the Jets for that matter), there wouldn't be a single poster on this board who would regard him as even a "decent" QB.

"But..but...he went to two AFC championship games!"

Whoopty sh*t

Rex Grossman went to a Superbowl, didn't stop the Bears from sh*t canning him the very next season.

I honestly don't believe Indy mailed anything in. They played 8 games vs teams that went to the POs. Collins came in late and got injured early. Painter was actually worse then Sanchez is right now and they switch to Orlovsky who actually had a few good games. That D was pretty bad to start and they had next to nothing on the run game. They where an aging team that had had a ton of draft busts over the 2010-2005 drafts. Hughes, Angerer, Thomas, Marlin Jackson, Brown, Kelvin Hayden, Vincent Burns, Ugoh, Pitcock, Mike Pollak, Freddy Keiaho, Tim Jennings, Wheeler, and Powers seriously that is a lot of fail right there. Joseph Addai and Fili Moala may be their only early round pick that has worked out for them. Even before that not exactly a tale of success. Manning was the only thing keeping them afloat really.

Jets Insider VIP
    Unreadable

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

While the team still has a possible playoff chance they should try to win. if they lose Thursday the remaining 5 games should be played with the future in mind.

Powell and McKnight need to split the reps.
    Damon Harrison needs to see the field at DT
    Sapp and Davis at LB
    Likewise at DB with Bush.

Let see what the team has before the draft/FA.

Going all out to win after a potential loss Thursday can only be seen as trying to save the staffs jobs.

To think about draft position for a certain player 2 drafts from now is not productive. The jets could draft a kid in the 2nd this year that can bring it.

I think the jets are going to be in a bad way next year. Just too many FA. I would try to trade down and start building the oline and Safety.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Unreadable

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    You make the Pats fans seem tolerable on this site.

I've literally never seen you contribute anything to any discussion.

By far the worst poster on this board.

We have Sanchez back next year and his backup can't throw.

This team could very well be the worst team in football next year.
    Yeah, I remember ya'll thinking the same thing last year when the Broncs spanked the Jets. Burn!

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We need solid players. Would rather keep ALL our picks and take BEST available in any position. LB's and OL needs are clear but we have needs everywhere.....
    This is what makes sense. I wouldn't want coaches or players who lose on purpose to ever be ON my team. Even if it was done in the sneaky manner proposed, your players would still know you were taking it on purpose. Way to train a bunch of losers. Jets scouts need to do their job better. You don't have to pick a first rounder to succeed.
    Last edited by JaxSuzy; 11-19-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Sh*t