Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Jets can't even lose right

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    A mid first round OL could change the Jets fortunes quickly.
    You could put Anthony Munoz on this OL and it still wouldn't mean dick with Sanchez behind center.

Half the sacks this kid takes are his own fault. No internal clock, no pocket awareness.

Some QB's can feel the rush coming. Sanchez is totally oblivious to it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Clearly you are the one who is being naiive here. They absolutely mailed it in with the expressed intent to end up with Luck. They planned it they executed on the plan and it worked like a charm. The owner was even emailing people. As an organization they are now set for the next 15 years as a direct result.

But carry on carrying on. You live in a simple world. I guess you never actually played chess or if you did you missed the class where the whole concept of of sacrifices was covered.
    Thanks....I don't need to take lessons from you for anything, especially about chess.

Yeah, they mailed it in. Even though they almost lost the first pick to LA, and played hard all season, they mailed it in from the start. I forgot how brilliant you must be.

Anyway, wasting time here. You play to win. If you don't, you don't deserve to be on the field. If you want to think because losing the second best QB in the history of the NFL was the only reason the Colts finished where they did, and that the team mailed it in just to get Luck, be my guest.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Thanks....I don't need to take lessons from you for anything, especially about chess.

Yeah, they mailed it in. Even though they almost lost the first pick to LA, and played hard all season, they mailed it in from the start. I forgot how brilliant you must be.

Anyway, wasting time here. You play to win. If you don't, you don't deserve to be on the field. If you want to think because losing the second best QB in the history of the NFL was the only reason the Colts finished where they did, and that the team mailed it in just to get Luck, be my guest.
    Got it. You don't need to take lessons form me on anything but you are just fine with coming down from the mountain top with YOUR own set of stone tablets and laying down the law according to CanadaSteve. Got it.

It must be cozy to live in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You could put Anthony Munoz on this OL and it still wouldn't mean dick with Sanchez behind center.

Half the sacks this kid takes are his own fault. No internal clock, no pocket awareness.

Some QB's can feel the rush coming. Sanchez is totally oblivious to it.
    This is truth. Our OL is still better then average. Slauson is the weak link right now and he is likely gone next year anyway. It seriously will not take a 1st rounder to replace him either. So at least for one more year we are in pretty good shape. Heck I still say Caleb and/or Vlad are good options to replace Slauson. Both have played very well in reserve. We will resign Moore, tenure Austin, and draft a non 1st RT/G. Fluker if he declares I'll take in the 2nd. Out side of that I'll take one of the 3rd-4th round prospects in a heart beat. Guys like Uzzi, Bailey, William, and Wagner look like mid round gold to me. Heck I'd gamble on Manase Foketi, Alex Hurst, or Mark Jackson with a late rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    1) If you think Clowney is "just a DE," you are seriously mistaken. Clowney is the best defensive prospect possibly ever.

2) If they had lost out at 4-12 they would've been in the top 10 of the draft with no issues. What do 8-8 or 7-9 get you?

This team hasn't been fully rebuilt since Parcells moved up to get 3 first rounders in 2000 and honestly build the team from scratch.

We can dance around that though and keep plugging holes with junk like Austin Howard and letting this regime continue to tank picks.
    I agree. This win could end up being as costly as our win vs. KC in 2006, which cost us a shot at Matt Ryan, McFadden and Chris Long. That win vs. KC ultimately got us Gholston, and set the franchise back 3 years.