Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jets can't even lose right

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets can't even lose right

I don't think anybody realizes how bad that win was yesterday.

A) We're likely out of the top 10 in this year's draft now.

B) A win in which Sanchez looked passable (which is deemed acceptable by this idiot coach and GM and his stooges) delays the inevitable Tebow swap, basically pushing back the entire time line because you are out of your mind if you think Woody isn't going to force Tebow to get a shot at starting after they finally scrap Sanchez.

C) A&B tie to the fact that this team is boring. The offense is horrid to watch. The system is boring, there's not a single elite playmaker. There's essentially nothing outside of how awful Sanchez looks the majority of the time. How bad is it? I'd rather watch the Browns. At least Trent Richardson is exciting. Most sane football fans are probably with me.

D) If they somehow make the playoffs, which is essentially going undefeated after the Patriots game (almost a guaranteed loss as they've hit their stride) then Woody will continue soldiering forward with these clowns. Which means you are perpetually in limbo. Stuck with #5 overall QB's picked while mortgaging drafts for more boring football......

I'd rather they suck for the next two years, get Jadaveon Clowney and whether they are good or not are irrelevant.

At the very least Clowney will be entertaining.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was half the season left to play. I understand the sentiment but hoping for us to lose so that we can bungle another high draft pick isn't the best strategy at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I don't think anybody realizes how bad that win was yesterday.

A) We're likely out of the top 10 in this year's draft now.

B) A win in which Sanchez looked passable (which is deemed acceptable by this idiot coach and GM and his stooges) delays the inevitable Tebow swap, basically pushing back the entire time line because you are out of your mind if you think Woody isn't going to force Tebow to get a shot at starting after they finally scrap Sanchez.

C) A&B tie to the fact that this team is boring. The offense is horrid to watch. The system is boring, there's not a single elite playmaker. There's essentially nothing outside of how awful Sanchez looks the majority of the time. How bad is it? I'd rather watch the Browns. At least Trent Richardson is exciting. Most sane football fans are probably with me.

D) If they somehow make the playoffs, which is essentially going undefeated after the Patriots game (almost a guaranteed loss as they've hit their stride) then Woody will continue soldiering forward with these clowns. Which means you are perpetually in limbo. Stuck with #5 overall QB's picked while mortgaging drafts for more boring football......

I'd rather they suck for the next two years, get Jadaveon Clowney and whether they are good or not are irrelevant.

At the very least Clowney will be entertaining.
    So you want the coaches and front office to tank the rest of this season AND next so they can draft a DE?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So you want the coaches and front office to tank the rest of this season AND next so they can draft a DE?
    1) If you think Clowney is "just a DE," you are seriously mistaken. Clowney is the best defensive prospect possibly ever.

2) If they had lost out at 4-12 they would've been in the top 10 of the draft with no issues. What do 8-8 or 7-9 get you?

This team hasn't been fully rebuilt since Parcells moved up to get 3 first rounders in 2000 and honestly build the team from scratch.

We can dance around that though and keep plugging holes with junk like Austin Howard and letting this regime continue to tank picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't go quite as far as the op in his thoughts but they do have merit.

If the Jets miss the playoffs but inevitably are 7-9 or 8-8 with a late season rally against crappy teams the coach, Gm and owner will think 'We are on the right track! all we need is a a few more pieces of the puzzle and we had our two best players hurt all year!'

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    1) If you think Clowney is "just a DE," you are seriously mistaken. Clowney is the best defensive prospect possibly ever.

2) If they had lost out at 4-12 they would've been in the top 10 of the draft with no issues. What do 8-8 or 7-9 get you?

This team hasn't been fully rebuilt since Parcells moved up to get 3 first rounders in 2000 and honestly build the team from scratch.

We can dance around that though and keep plugging holes with junk like Austin Howard and letting this regime continue to tank picks.
    We need serious help on O, not D.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I wouldn't go quite as far as the op in his thoughts but they do have merit.

If the Jets miss the playoffs but inevitably are 7-9 or 8-8 with a late season rally against crappy teams the coach, Gm and owner will think 'We are on the right track! all we need is a a few more pieces of the puzzle and we had our two best players hurt all year!'
    We all know this is what's going to happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every year we get this discussion...

Despite my love for the draft, my thought is to win every game possible because losing becomes a habit.

What bothers me is that the same people who want us to lose every game for the pick, are the same people who would Rex gone if we did lose every game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You play to win the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So there are always a few players coveted in each draft. The ones expected to become franchise players.....Andrew Luck, RG III. So if we tanked this season for the sole purpose of getting that next franchise player, who do you want? That's right....there is no stand out, sure thing franchise player in this years draft. So whether we get the 3rd pick in the draft or the 13th player....it's all the same.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Every year we get this discussion...

Despite my love for the draft, my thought is to win every game possible because losing becomes a habit.

What bothers me is that the same people who want us to lose every game for the pick, are the same people who would Rex gone if we did lose every game.
    Yea, can you imagine if Rex actually came out and said "we are not concerned with winning games the rest of this season and next, we really have our sights set on getting the top draft pick in two years, but keep writing us those checks for the PSLs and the season tickets, that money will be needed to pay for all of our draft picks."

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are stuck with sanchez for at least one more year because of his contract. I don't see how people don't get that. Just gotta hope he improves.

And if we have a shot at a playoff birth, even a slim one, I will enjoy the w's.

Until we are officially out, I will not complain about a win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    We are stuck with sanchez for at least one more year because of his contract. I don't see how people don't get that. Just gotta hope he improves.

And if we have a shot at a playoff birth, even a slim one, I will enjoy the w's.

Until we are officially out, I will not complain about a win.
    Spoken like a true fan..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clowney will be a Top 3 pick when he comes out. Could go #1 overall depending on if the team drafting has a QB already. We have no chance of getting him.

That said, we are costing ourselves draft position but it doesn't matter b.c as long as this regime is picking we will botch the pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I understand the line of thinking, I disagree with the timing. This isn't Week 17 in 2007, where a win or loss means the difference between Darren McFadden and Vernon Gholston. It's week 11, and the Jets now have the same record as they did in 2009 when they eventually made it all the way to an 11-point lead in the AFCCG. Expecting the coach to lose in this spot is ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that I'm not confident enough in the Jets scouting team to be certain that a high draft pick will yield a great player. Their two best 1st-round picks of the last decade were Revis and Vilma, both taken in the teens. Or Mangold at #29.

If a top-5 pick nets you a D-Rob or a Vernon Gholston, then I'd rather see the team play hard and draft the BPA wherever they happen to fall.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Clowney was not eligible for This draft? He's a true soph no?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    We all know this is what's going to happen.
    I have to agree, being a 7 to 9 win team year in and year out without a QB to build around is a sad predicament.