Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets officially "In The Hunt"

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So you think they'll beat the Patsies this Thursday?

Is it possible you got drunk drinking the Kool-Aid?
    How is that impossible... if not for Hill's drop we beat them in their own place WITH Gronk... if you watch the NFL any team can be beaten by any opponent, much more so in division games.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    if the Jets do manage to beat New England we'll see the total swing of Jet fan bipolarity.
    Throughout its history, this team has been consistent in its ability to do this to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    The hunt for what?

And if we lose on Thursday we can replace ourselves "out of the hunt" at 4-7. A 5-0 December run won't happen. They'll let down somewhere if not twice, at least once. MUST win Thursday.

You guys are crazy. There are no similiarities whatsoever between the 2012 Jets and the 2009 team. The 2009 team had the number 1 defense and number 1 running game. They also had Darrelle Revis playing out of his mind good.

Schotty kept Sanchez under wraps that season and it did the team good that they didn't let him loose. That would have surely been disaster.

This years team has a TERRIBLE running game. This years team has a very disappointing defense. Mark Sanchez has been set loose and all he's ever done is F*ck things up.

Just hang it up. There's NO way we ever get into the playoffs. It's impossible.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If the Jets manage to beat the Pats on Thursday, I'll grant them in the hunt status.

The Jets had a very narrow path to making the playoffs this year that was largely derailed by losing to the Fins. Beating the Pats essentially makes up for that loss but the Jets still have to pretty much win out in order to get there. Highly unlikely with this bunch.

Decent start by beating an unspectacular (but not terrible) Rams team. But, we'll see what happens on Thursday before anyone gets on the wagon.
    +1

8-8 could make it guys.
    Why? You think the Steelers and Colts can't win three more games? I know we win the tie breaker over the Colts, still they will both win two or three more easy. It will take 10 at least nine wins just like always. The Jets will get to 8 wins if they play very very well. Sorry no playoffs this year. Even if they did they would be a six seed once again. Take your pick on the two seed. The Texan will be the one. If it is the Ravens or pats and by some huge stroke of luck we get in. It has one and done written all over it.

This game is huge for Rex & his staff after all these injuries.
    Win this game & they can go 4-1 & get in the playoffs.

Every team that the Jets play after Thursday can be exploited because they are not top defenses & on defense Rex can use Cro to mitigate their best WR.

That's not to say we can beat all of them. My thoughts are that Westy needs to get his chit back in order on Specials. If we get our specials straightened out over the 2nd half of the season, we have a chance.
    Plus the schedule helped us out with Chargers & Cards at home.
    Jets aren't good enough to overcome easy TDs (See Miami/Seattle)
    Protect the football
    Play great Specials
    Take away that #1 threat

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Why? You think the Steelers and Colts can't win three more games? I know we win the tie breaker over the Colts, still they will both win two or three more easy. It will take 10 at least nine wins just like always. The Jets will get to 8 wins if they play very very well. Sorry no playoffs this year. Even if they did they would be a six seed once again. Take your pick on the two seed. The Texan will be the one. If it is the Ravens or pats and by some huge stroke of luck we get in. It has one and done written all over it.
    I'll take it!

I think there is every chance that at least one of them goes 2-4, yes. remember we are talking about two slots here.

Pittsburgh at worst will finish 9-7 and hold the tie-breaker over the Jets.

Indianapolis will finish at least 9-7 as well. - Home to Buffalo & Tennessee, and play Kansas City. Two games against Houston and road game in Detroit don't really matter, heck come Week 17 Houston may not be playing for anything and could play reserves.

Go 5-1 or 6-0, or else it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Pittsburgh at worst will finish 9-7 and hold the tie-breaker over the Jets.

Indianapolis will finish at least 9-7 as well. - Home to Buffalo & Tennessee, and play Kansas City. Two games against Houston and road game in Detroit don't really matter, heck come Week 17 Houston may not be playing for anything and could play reserves.

Go 5-1 or 6-0, or else it's over.
    I agree 100%. Thats why I said no chance there will be a 8-8 playoff team.

All League
    I think there is every chance that at least one of them goes 2-4, yes. remember we are talking about two slots here.

We need to root for a Buffalo win over Indianapolis this weekend. That will be pivotal. I think Indy will handle Ten and KC .. while losing to Houstonx2 and @Detroit.

Similarly, the Steelers are in some trouble as it appears that Leftwich is injured too. They have @Cle (they've played pretty well), @Bal, @Dal ...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Take a look at our remaining opponents... Get ready for 10-6, because it's gonna happen and it's gonna be a fun ride! GO JETS!
    You sound like Karl Rove two nights before the election explaining Romney's path to victory in the electoral college.

Jets Insider VIP
    So you think they'll beat the Patsies this Thursday?

Is it possible you got drunk drinking the Kool-Aid?
    Mainepat supporting the local team he dearly adores again, I see

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

If the Jets go 8-8 they have a 17 percent chance of making the playoffs. Wouldn't want to count on getting in at 8-8, but its a possibility. I still think they need to win this week because you know we will blow one game late.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/A...st/NYJets.html

It's about getting back to a .500 record asap. They are now 4-6 and could easily be 5-5 if they finished the pats off right. But not to cry about the past pats spat. they need to beat them this time to give them a shot at 6-6 the following weekend. If they lose then they are looking at 4-7 and needing to win the next 3 just to get to 7-7. A huge difference and the numbers just don't fall into being in the hunt anymore if they lose thurs. It's one week at a time and if any week is a good week to play the pats it's probably when they have only 3 days rest and they are without their best TE's. That being said this game is all of a sudden a huge game and a must win and I hope the stadium is rockin.

It's about getting back to a .500 record asap. They are now 4-6 and could easily be 5-5 if they finished the pats off right. But not to cry about the past pats spat. they need to beat them this time to give them a shot at 6-6 the following weekend. If they lose then they are looking at 4-7 and needing to win the next 3 just to get to 7-7. A huge difference and the numbers just don't fall into being in the hunt anymore if they lose thurs. It's one week at a time and if any week is a good week to play the pats it's probably when they have only 3 days rest and they are without their best TE's. That being said this game is all of a sudden a huge game and a must win and I hope the stadium is rockin.

I think Indy's played over their heads a bit. They have beaten GB and MIN, which are impressive wins but they've also lost bad to CHI & NE. Their schedule that's left has HOUx2 and DET. KC, TEN, BUF are all very winnable though

We hold head-to-head tiebreak with IND though they may get to 10 wins. Pittsburgh has the tiebreak over us anyway so may as well have them do some dirty work for us, as they play CIN & SD. We also have TEN & SD, so those are two must-wins.

The good for us is our remaining schedule consists of these defenses:
    - JAX: 31st
    - TEN: 30th
    - NE: 28th
    - BUF: 27th

Four of our six losses have come to these defenses:
    - PIT: 1st
    - SF: 2nd
    - SEA: 3rd
    - HOU: 4th

Yes, that's the top four defenses. Of course our offense is nowhere near impressive but the games that were "embarrassments" were all against elite units. We've looked okay against NE, IND, BUF, even STL yesterday. We can win against average to mediocre defenses because our offense can function.

Only SD and ARZ have top 15 Ds and those are teams travelling to the eastern time zone for 1pm games, which is a plus. It's a bit crazy but the schedule does not look bad.

Not saying we're a Super Bowl contender or this is 2009 where we're gonna make a run to the AFC Championship. But the bottom of the AFC is weak. A couple breaks and taking care of business and we still have a shot - in typical Jets fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    We need to root for a Buffalo win over Indianapolis this weekend. That will be pivotal. I think Indy will handle Ten and KC .. while losing to Houstonx2 and @Detroit.
    the problem with the Houston games is that they happen in weeks 15 and 17 and at least one if not both of the games are likely to be meaningless to the Texans.