Thread: It took how long to finally use McKnight as a receiver out of the backfield.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It took how long to finally use McKnight as a receiver out of the backfield.

That 19 yard gain he got is there all day. I know he dropped that swing pass but honestly he's the biggest mismatch out there for our offense. No linebacker can cover him 1 on 1 on the outside and if you put a safety on him it opens things up for Keller and Kerley. Powell had a solid game as well but we should be using McKnight a lot more in that Marshall Faulk/LT role. I thought this is what we were doing anyway. Also I thought Joe blocked well yesterday when he was in pass protection. I think its about time we see McKnight get more plays as a RB. He's the most explosive back we have. That near 70 yard run he had this year was the longest we've had in 3 years. We desperately need that threat from the backfield.

Also after Powell's performance I'm hoping either Greene gets less touches or loses his starting job. He's the 3rd best back on our roster.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    BWest, here we go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    That 19 yard gain he got is there all day. I know he dropped that swing pass but honestly he's the biggest mismatch out there for our offense. No linebacker can cover him 1 on 1 on the outside and if you put a safety on him it opens things up for Keller and Kerley. Powell had a solid game as well but we should be using McKnight a lot more in that Marshall Faulk/LT role. I thought this is what we were doing anyway. Also I thought Joe blocked well yesterday when he was in pass protection. I think its about time we see McKnight get more plays as a RB. He's the most explosive back we have. That near 70 yard run he had this year was the longest we've had in 3 years. We desperately need that threat from the backfield.

Also after Powell's performance I'm hoping either Greene gets less touches or loses his starting job. He's the 3rd best back on our roster.
    agreed. Frankly, McKnight looked like the best guy carrying the ball as well. Powell had a couple of nice runs but McKnight was hitting holes and making people miss. It was really nice to see a RB make a defender miss.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    He still holds the ball like a loaf of bread.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    He still holds the ball like a loaf of bread.
    So only 98% better than Sanchez then?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So only 98% better than Sanchez then?
    No, Sanchez holds it out, or tries to throw it. And the ball isn't subject to swat for the duration of long runs, oh wait.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 11-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apache, who really gives a crap at this point how he holds onto the football?

We need RB's who can make plays. Shonn Greene ISN'T making plays.

McKnight CAN make plays and so can Powell.

It's simple.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have to use McKnight and Powell more. If you wanna be a run first team in today's NFL, and you don't have a stud RB(Rice, Peterson, Foster), The best way to do it is RB by committee.
    The 49ers even design plays for Copernick to be envolved in the rushing attack.