Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Was It Worth It?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    So do you honestly think that this team has the ability to put together a 6-0 or 5-1 run the rest of the way? Because that's the only way that we're even going to have a remote shot at the playoffs.

I don't see it. I don't see it at all. Sorry.

If we're going to miss the playoffs anyway, then I'd rather do it at 5-11 or 6-10 to ensure that we'll pick in the Top 10 of the draft and increase the odds that major changes are made.

All 7-9 or 8-8 does is ensure that we have to witness the same old song and dance again next year. Sanchez will be back, Sparano will be back, Tannenbaum will be back and Rex will be back.
    I have no idea what this team is capable of. Not much as of late, but still.

How does a team ensure they have a 5-11 season instead of a 7-9 season?
    You can't. That's the whole point.

Until the Jets are officially eliminated from the playoffs, they will continue to play to win and not just say "screw it, we kinda suck anyway, lets go for that top 10 pick".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Except the team won't fold. A few players might, but the team won't. it does not serve each of theri interests to fold or be seen as folding. All wants to keep their jobs, or find new jobs down the road.

So "the team should fold" is a fantasy. They may lose, but professional NFL teams do not "fold" for draft picks, and certainly not with 6 games to go.

I disagree. Woody will still own, Tanny and Rex will get one (last year) almost certainly, and Sanchez will not be benched nor moved for 2013, he is the starter.

So the big fan-fantasy of "a shakeup" that fixes everything is just that, a fantasy.

I wouldn't bet YOUR ass, much less my ass, on that being such a sure thing.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. And "maybe" none of that will happen, he'll bring in the next Kotite, who will bring in the next Boomer Esiason, and proceed to go 2-14 then 1-15 then 3-13 before being fired in 2017.

It's important to not be projectionist or fantasy-based on this stuff. Just because you WANT these changes to happen does not makle them a sure-thing success in any form, nor does moving the old guys mean they could not succeed if given another year or more.
    So you're saying that we settle for mediocrity just because there's a chance that the next regime could be even worse?

Screw that.

Draft a QB every damn year if you have to until you find the guy that can at least occasionally put this offense on his back when times are tough.

Is there a chance that the next coach could be another Kotite? Sure.

And there's also the chance that the new coach could be the next Parcells or Bill Walsh. Who the hell knows?

Isn't football supposed to be entertainment? That's why I watch the game, to be entertained.

Well, I don't know about you, bur I have no interest in watching another year of an inept Sparano offense headed by Sanchez. It's boring, it's frustrating, it's dogsh*t.

Maybe the new coach will at least realize that we aren't living in 1975 and this "ground and pound" bullsh*t is for the birds.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you're saying that we settle for mediocrity just because there's a chance that the next regime could be even worse?
    I am saying "we" don't get a say in the matter.

"We" don't play, coach, manage or own. We root.

And I'm saying there is at least as good a chnace that the next regime will be worse as there is it will be better. Change in and of itself is not an answer.

Screw that.
    Strong words without any power.

Your only power is to stop rooting/supporting.

Draft a QB every damn year if you have to until you find the guy that can at least occasionally put this offense on his back when times are tough
    Smells like Redskins-style desperation, and we know that doesn't work in the NFL.

Isn't football supposed to be entertainment? That's why I watch the game, to be entertained.

Well, I don't know about you, bur I have no interest in watching another year of an inept Sparano offense headed by Sanchez. It's boring, it's frustrating, it's dogsh*t.
    Then don't watch it.

Maybe the new coach will at least realize that we aren't living in 1975 and this "ground and pound" bullsh*t is for the birds.
    Plenty of bad teams in the NFL doing it the "normal standard" way too.

I'll say this, I don't think we (The Jets) are as talent weak as the fanbase thinks right now. I think we lack one thing, a legitimate starting QB who can get things done. We have a below-average QB who is dragging the team down around him IMO.

Before I blow up the whole team, the front office, the staff, the players.......I'd make a change at QB. See if any other QB can work in that spot, wirth this talent (plus what we get next offseason/draft).

If it fails again, then I would support cleaning house.

But not till we see someone other than Sanchez running this O. Because I strongly believe he is the primary responsible party for our lack of O performence, and by extention the overall weakness of our team.
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-20-2012 at 11:17 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say this, I don't think we (The Jets) are as talent weak as the fanbase thinks right now. I think we lack one thing, a legitimate starting QB who can get things done. We have a below-average QB who is dragging the team down around him IMO.

Before I blow up the whole team, the front office, the staff, the players.......I'd make a change at QB. See if any other QB can work in that spot, wirth this talent (plus what we get next offseason/draft).

If it fails again, then I would support cleaning house.

But not till we see someone other than Sanchez running this O. Because I strongly believe he is the primary responsible party for our lack of O performence, and by extention the overall weakness of our team.
    I would say that and WR. Change QB, find a beast WR to compete in this passing league. Clyde Gates and Schilens not gonna cut it as starting WR's.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4692490]I am saying "we" don't get a say in the matter.

"We" don't play, coach, manage or own. We root.

And I'm saying there is at least as good a chnace that the next regime will be worse as there is it will be better. Change in and of itself is not an answer.[\QUOTE]

Our current HC let's the inmates run the asylum and has routinely had the team unprepared over the last two years. He's stubborn, he's arrogant, he's shown a complete inability to adapt. The honeymoon with Rex is over.

[QUOTE]Smells like Redskins-style desperation, and we know that doesn't work in the NFL.[\QUOTE]

Seems to be working pretty damn well for the Redskins as of late. Not only does RG3 have "stud" written all over him, but Kirk Cousins looks to have a sh*tload of potential and will probably fetch them a nice draft pick in the near future.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I would say that and WR. Change QB, find a beast WR to compete in this passing league. Clyde Gates and Schilens not gonna cut it as starting WR's.
    Holmes (much as I hate him)
    Kerley
    Hill
    Schilens
    Keller
    Cumberland

I'm sorry to the haters, but that is not a bad WR/Reciever TE field talent wise.

It's on par with at the last the average for the NFL. it's protrayed by many fans as a bag of ****, primarily, (IMO), because those fans are trying to defend the undefendable Sanchez.

Put another way, I have no doubt in my mind that a top 10 QB could take that group, as it is, and be very very successful. Can they be improved? Yes.

Are they at fault? No. Sanchez is.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to be working pretty damn well for the Redskins as of late. Not only does RG3 have "stud" written all over him, but Kirk Cousins looks to have a sh*tload of potential and will probably fetch them a nice draft pick in the near future.
    They're a 3 win team.

They didn't tank their season. They just sucked, as they've done repeatedly for a decade and more now.

With a QB who will be lucky to see his 4th season in the NFL before he's finished due to injuries. He's also 10 games into his career. Alot can change.

If the Redskins are the example you wish to follow, we simply agree to disagree. They are the perfect example of what NOT to follow IMO, RGIII or not.

And look at their coach while we're at it, the same kind of big-name all-discipline guy most fans are now clamoring for/ He's been an abject failure in Washington, complete, and total.

Again, it's not as simple as "change good, stay bad"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I never root for the team to lose. You Play to Win the Game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes (much as I hate him)
    Kerley
    Hill
    Schilens
    Keller
    Cumberland

I'm sorry to the haters, but that is not a bad WR/Reciever TE field talent wise.

It's on par with at the last the average for the NFL. it's protrayed by many fans as a bag of ****, primarily, (IMO), because those fans are trying to defend the undefendable Sanchez.

Put another way, I have no doubt in my mind that a top 10 QB could take that group, as it is, and be very very successful. Can they be improved? Yes.

Are they at fault? No. Sanchez is.
    I agree

Problem is, Sanchez is Rex's guy and until Rex is shown the door, he'll likely remain our starting QB.

Even though we're stuck with Sanchez next year, maybe a new coach and GM won't simply hand him the starting job just because of his contract situation.

Seattle doled out a sizeable contract to Matt Flynn in the offseason but that didn't prevent them from going with the rookie when he outplayed Flynn in training camp and during the preseason.

Those are my biggest complaints about Rex. His failure to adapt and his MO of always playing favorites. I want a HC who stresses competition at every position. Say what you will about a guy like Mangini, but it's one of the traits that I really admired about him. Shut you're f*cking mouth with regards to the media and the best players are going to play at every position.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are my biggest complaints about Rex. His failure to adapt and his MO of always playing favorites. Shut you're f*cking mouth with regards to the media and the best players are going to play at every position.
    I don't disagree with your criticism old friend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree

Problem is, Sanchez is Rex's guy and until Rex is shown the door, he'll likely remain our starting QB.

Even though we're stuck with Sanchez next year, maybe a new coach and GM won't simply hand him the starting job just because of his contract situation.

Seattle doled out a sizeable contract to Matt Flynn in the offseason but that didn't prevent them from going with the rookie when he outplayed Flynn in training camp and during the preseason.

Those are my biggest complaints about Rex. His failure to adapt and his MO of always playing favorites. I want a HC who stresses competition at every position. Say what you will about a guy like Mangini, but it's one of the traits that I really admired about him. Shut you're f*cking mouth with regards to the media and the best players are going to play at every position.
    Maybe if the jets had a backup QB better than Sanchez they would play him. We don't. Who is Rex supposed to play? There's no kaepernick on this roster. You want to call favre?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to be the "I told you so" guy, but it's happening...It was not worth it.

It is time to tank the season and go for a clean house.

Fire Tanny.

Fire Rex.

Bench Mark.

This is it folks. This is ROCK BOTTOM. It is time to start cleaning house and start building back up. We need the HIGHEST draft pick possible. We need to fire the GM. We need to fire Rex. And we need a new QB, a new franchise QB.

Back to the drawing board.

It was NOT worth it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Southtown........you hit the nail on the head

Breaking news:

10am Mr. Johnson owner of the New York Jets will announce today that he is naming himself the new head coach and gm of the NYJ.

He will say, " We are in the entertainment business, and after polling the fans who were in the stadium last night, THEY WERE NOT ENTERTAINED"

We were not entertained. Not at all.

Clean house. The next several years with new system and new personnel cannot be as bad as this year. How many blowouts did last night make?

Rex you have proven that you cannot coach as a head coach in this league

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssp242 View Post
    Breaking news:

10am Mr. Johnson owner of the New York Jets will announce today that he is naming himself the new head coach and gm of the NYJ.

He will say, " We are in the entertainment business, and after polling the fans who were in the stadium last night, THEY WERE NOT ENTERTAINED"

We were not entertained. Not at all.

Clean house. The next several years with new system and new personnel cannot be as bad as this year. How many blowouts did last night make?

Rex you have proven that you cannot coach as a head coach in this league

You got it. Time to appease the fans and we can't do that by winning it's by people losing their jobs and some new faces and new hope being brought into this Jets organization...

But here is the major issue: Woody Johnson is at the root of all of our issues.

Nowhere to turn. Nowhere to go. Time to make some changes. Some MAJOR changes.