Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94

Thread: Was It Worth It?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Was It Worth It?

    Honestly guys, we are now 4-6 and we are one step closer to the dreaded 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 season. What do any of those records get us? So we play another "meaningful" game this week? Great. Then we get stomped on by the Pats and we are back to reality. I will root hard for the win this week, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...

    I have never done this before but I have never felt this bleak about the team in my young lifetime: I am basically rooting for the Jets to lose each week at this point, or at least not win the games. I want to see a complete overhaul of this organization, as well as the QB, WR, RB positions. If we get to a .500 season, I don't see those things happen, or at least not as many changes as we need.

    We need a new GM.

    We may need a hew HC.

    We may need a new OC.

    We probably need a new QB.

    We need a new WR.

    We need a new RB.


    I love the "great win" from yesterday, but I want to bring everyone back to reality and help you remember how we felt after last week: THIS TEAM SUCKS. This organization sucks from the top down.

    I don't know about you, but going 8-8 and "feeling good" for another week doesn't mean **** to me down the stretch. I want to see major changes in this organization next year and I don't see that happening if we go 8-8. If we can somehow make the playoffs...GREAT! I am in. But that is unlikely to happen with this team. This team just sucks...The Rams just sucked more yesterday.

    I can't be the only one feeling this way...can I?

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Honestly guys, we are now 4-6 and we are one step closer to the dreaded 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 season. What do any of those records get us? So we play another "meaningful" game this week? Great. Then we get stomped on by the Pats and we are back to reality. I will root hard for the win this week, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...

    I have never done this before but I have never felt this bleak about the team in my young lifetime: I am basically rooting for the Jets to lose each week at this point, or at least not win the games. I want to see a complete overhaul of this organization, as well as the QB, WR, RB positions. If we get to a .500 season, I don't see those things happen, or at least not as many changes as we need.

    We need a new GM.

    We may need a hew HC.

    We may need a new OC.

    We probably need a new QB.

    We need a new WR.

    We need a new RB.


    I love the "great win" from yesterday, but I want to bring everyone back to reality and help you remember how we felt after last week: THIS TEAM SUCKS. This organization sucks from the top down.

    I don't know about you, but going 8-8 and "feeling good" for another week doesn't mean **** to me down the stretch. I want to see major changes in this organization next year and I don't see that happening if we go 8-8. If we can somehow make the playoffs...GREAT! I am in. But that is unlikely to happen with this team. This team just sucks...The Rams just sucked more yesterday.

    I can't be the only one feeling this way...can I?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Honestly guys, we are now 4-6 and we are one step closer to the dreaded 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 season. What do any of those records get us? So we play another "meaningful" game this week? Great. Then we get stomped on by the Pats and we are back to reality. I will root hard for the win this week, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...

    I have never done this before but I have never felt this bleak about the team in my young lifetime: I am basically rooting for the Jets to lose each week at this point, or at least not win the games. I want to see a complete overhaul of this organization, as well as the QB, WR, RB positions. If we get to a .500 season, I don't see those things happen, or at least not as many changes as we need.

    We need a new GM.

    We may need a hew HC.

    We may need a new OC.

    We probably need a new QB.

    We need a new WR.

    We need a new RB.


    I love the "great win" from yesterday, but I want to bring everyone back to reality and help you remember how we felt after last week: THIS TEAM SUCKS. This organization sucks from the top down.

    I don't know about you, but going 8-8 and "feeling good" for another week doesn't mean **** to me down the stretch. I want to see major changes in this organization next year and I don't see that happening if we go 8-8. If we can somehow make the playoffs...GREAT! I am in. But that is unlikely to happen with this team. This team just sucks...The Rams just sucked more yesterday.

    I can't be the only one feeling this way...can I?
    I share your sentiments.

    I wish I felt otherwise, but I really don't see this team having any long term success with the current regime in place. HOWEVER, while I did plan on rooting against the Jets yesterday, I found myself unable to do so.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    F-ing pathetic...can't even enjoy a solid win without b1tching

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rooting for a 4-6 team is better than rooting for a 3-7 team, even if only a little bit.

    I doubt anyone is super ecstating and thinks we are SB bound, but a win is nice. We will probably be around 6-8 wins when it is all said and done anyway.

    Lets not cry after victories, its just lame.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I share your sentiments.

    I wish I felt otherwise, but I really don't see this team having any long term success with the current regime in place. HOWEVER, while I did plan on rooting against the Jets yesterday, I found myself unable to do so.
    Look, the sooner people realize that Rex, Tanny and Mark are all going to be back next year, the sooner people can just sit back and be a fan of your team. All this hoping for a loss so this guy can get fired or this guy can get cut is futile. Enjoy the game, root for the Jets and hope for the best. Trust me you will feel better about it.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mediocre teams stay mediocre b.c they don't get the blue chips at the top of the draft.

    It pays to suck in this league IF you have competent people picking the players.

    So, either way we are phucked.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Look, the sooner people realize that Rex, Tanny and Mark are all going to be back next year, the sooner people can just sit back and be a fan of your team. All this hoping for a loss so this guy can get fired or this guy can get cut is futile. Enjoy the game, root for the Jets and hope for the best. Trust me you will feel better about it.
    I get what you mean...that being said...

    Would you not rather have the #4 pick in the draft than the #10 pick in the draft? Mr. T won't have to sell off our ENTIRE draft to move up if we need to get something in particular.

    Would you not love a new RB? a new WR? Something to help this team or help Mark succeed?

    I am really only thinking about the draft here and draft position.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mediocre teams stay mediocre b.c they don't get the blue chips at the top of the draft.

    It pays to suck in this league IF you have competent people picking the players.

    So, either way we are phucked.
    Exactly.

    We NEED A HIGH DRAFT PICK...like a top 6 type guy.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Rooting for a 4-6 team is better than rooting for a 3-7 team, even if only a little bit.

    I doubt anyone is super ecstating and thinks we are SB bound, but a win is nice. We will probably be around 6-8 wins when it is all said and done anyway.

    Lets not cry after victories, its just lame.
    I don't think he's crying about the win. Instead, he believes (as I do) that the NECESSARY changes in the leadership of this franchise will probably not take place unless the team finishes with an awful record.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mediocre teams stay mediocre b.c they don't get the blue chips at the top of the draft.

    It pays to suck in this league IF you have competent people picking the players.

    So, either way we are phucked.
    This is my point - the Jets hit on picks like Ellis, Abraham, Vilma and Revis since 2000. All guys drafted #12 or later. But they're 1 for 4 on top-6 picks in that same stretch, with one of those failures being the biggest bust in NFL history.

    The 'if' there is a big if, and since we can't be sure the Jets would make the right move with an early pick, why not just play the season out and hope to find a HOFer wherever they lie.

    Up until Mangold's recent decline, it looked like the Jets had found two HOF players in back-to-back drafts, and didn't need a top-10 pick to do so.
    Last edited by GreenWave; 11-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Look, the sooner people realize that Rex, Tanny and Mark are all going to be back next year, the sooner people can just sit back and be a fan of your team. All this hoping for a loss so this guy can get fired or this guy can get cut is futile. Enjoy the game, root for the Jets and hope for the best. Trust me you will feel better about it.
    I agree with this outlook. Good post.


    The only thing that bothers me is that Tanny has screwed over this roster badly in the depth department. I hate watching the team lose, but i wouldn't mind getting a blue chip prospect in the early 1st round next year either. We need to restock our cupboards with young (possibly elite) talent.

    If the Jets lose on Thursday to the Pats, I don't see us making the playoffs.....we really need an influx of young talent.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Look, the sooner people realize that Rex, Tanny and Mark are all going to be back next year, the sooner people can just sit back and be a fan of your team. All this hoping for a loss so this guy can get fired or this guy can get cut is futile. Enjoy the game, root for the Jets and hope for the best. Trust me you will feel better about it.
    I do know they'll be back next year . . . but my gut tells me this is the wrong move.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Honestly guys, we are now 4-6 and we are one step closer to the dreaded 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 season. What do any of those records get us? So we play another "meaningful" game this week? Great. Then we get stomped on by the Pats and we are back to reality. I will root hard for the win this week, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...

    I have never done this before but I have never felt this bleak about the team in my young lifetime: I am basically rooting for the Jets to lose each week at this point, or at least not win the games. I want to see a complete overhaul of this organization, as well as the QB, WR, RB positions. If we get to a .500 season, I don't see those things happen, or at least not as many changes as we need.

    We need a new GM.

    We may need a hew HC.

    We may need a new OC.

    We probably need a new QB.

    We need a new WR.

    We need a new RB.


    I love the "great win" from yesterday, but I want to bring everyone back to reality and help you remember how we felt after last week: THIS TEAM SUCKS. This organization sucks from the top down.

    I don't know about you, but going 8-8 and "feeling good" for another week doesn't mean **** to me down the stretch. I want to see major changes in this organization next year and I don't see that happening if we go 8-8. If we can somehow make the playoffs...GREAT! I am in. But that is unlikely to happen with this team. This team just sucks...The Rams just sucked more yesterday.

    I can't be the only one feeling this way...can I?

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I don't think he's crying about the win. Instead, he believes (as I do) that the NECESSARY changes in the leadership of this franchise will probably not take place unless the team finishes with an awful record.
    Fair enough, but one win against a bad team is no assurance that we wont still end up with an awful record

    I just cant get behind rooting to lose with 10 games played, regardless if it may be better for us in the long run.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I don't think he's crying about the win. Instead, he believes (as I do) that the NECESSARY changes in the leadership of this franchise will probably not take place unless the team finishes with an awful record.
    EXACTLY.

    No crying here.

    I would simply rather suck now and throughout the end of the season in order to invest in long term success for our franchise...and long term success=at least a new GM and new QB...the rest are luxuries at this point.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,220
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Fair enough, but one win against a bad team is no assurance that we wont still end up with an awful record

    I just cant get behind rooting to lose with 10 games played, regardless if it may be better for us in the long run.
    I feel ya, brothah

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't the giants win a SB at 9-7?

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Didn't the giants win a SB at 9-7?
    and at 10-6...but they ARE the Giants.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. OK.

    I will ROOT HARD for the Jets to win Thursday (and I will be there, as usual), however, IF they lose...then it is time to hope for the worst for the remainder of the season.

    I will reserve my judgment until after Thursday night's game.

    Fair enough.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us