Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so do we put trufant on welker again??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

so do we put trufant on welker again??

Trufant played probably his best game as a jet last time we played the patriots.do you think the jets stick with what worked and put him on welker again.he's a small quick guy who probably matches up best with welker who exactly that small and quick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant's on IR, no?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Trufant played probably his best game as a jet last time we played the patriots.do you think the jets stick with what worked and put him on welker again.he's a small quick guy who probably matches up best with welker who exactly that small and quick.
    Might be hard for Trufant to cover Welker from his living room.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least Lankster has flashed a bit in the last few weeks. Not sure what the specific assignment will be...but life is made much easier for the Jets with no Gronk.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we can clone him or create the virtual Trufant, and put him on the field

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant needs to step up big Thursday if we are gonna have any chance.

I think we should all expect a lot of edelman and welker and woodhead getting the ball in space

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

I think we should all expect a lot of edelman and welker and woodhead getting the ball in space
    I think you mean Lankster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bart Scott should not see the field outside of short-yardage situations. He should have retired on the spot after being run down by Mulligan.

Davis in for Scott, Sapp in for Thomas, and Erik Smith & Calvin Pace alternating running/passing downs. Jets need as much speed on the field as possible.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol yea I guess it would be hard for trufant to play from his living room.my bad did not hear about him going on IR

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Lol yea I guess it would be hard for trufant to play from his living room.my bad did not hear about him going on IR
    No worries, he got hurt early in the Seattle game and is done for the year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to be a "joy" to see Kyle Celebration Wilson get absolutely throttled by Welker, but if he can tackle him quickly it shouldn't be TOO bad. Cromartie will lock down Lloyd on the outside, and the biggest worry will be Welker/Edelman after the catch and Hernandez, who WILL play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats have to have Mankins or Connolly back to help their running game. One would be nice but both back would be great. Don't see it happening tho.

Jets may actually have a shot at beating Pats if their QB play doesn't stink it up. Then again, the Talib factor is still a bit of a ???

Should be a good game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Pats have to have Mankins or Connolly back to help their running game. One would be nice but both back would be great. Don't see it happening tho.

Jets may actually have a shot at beating Pats if their QB play doesn't stink it up. Then again, the Talib factor is still a bit of a ???

Should be a good game.
    I don't know what to think about Talib since that INT he got such damn near like catching a punt, so there's not too much to go on. He still seems like a vast improvement over the trash NE has been fielding in that secondary, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think you mean Lankster.
    Ha, sorry, yes lankster

Agreed about bart, this is not a game for him to be out there. I actually think might be a good game for antonio allen to come back to the active roster and shadow hernandez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant played a great game on Welker earlier in the year. It's a bad break that he won't be available to try it again, but I suppose with Hernandez and Gronk unavailable, the match-up between receivers and secondary may break in the Jets favor. Welker, Loyd, Edelman, and Daniel Fells (TE - 6 targets, 2 catches) vs. Cro, Wilson, Lankster, Bell, and Landry. I like the Jets's chances of slowing down the Pats passing attack without Hernandez and Gronk in the line-up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, sorry, yes lankster

Agreed about bart, this is not a game for him to be out there. I actually think might be a good game for antonio allen to come back to the active roster and shadow hernandez
    Wouldnt mind seeing Berry out there as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was just gonna say, what about Berry?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Was just gonna say, what about Berry?
    Would like to see this guy play. My guess is that he hasnt picked up the defense as much so his role is limited.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Berry played early this week. He came up gimpy early and left. Not sure if he made it back out there or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Would like to see this guy play. My guess is that he hasnt picked up the defense as much so his role is limited.
    He had a banged up quad as well. He played some yesterday, looked to tweak it again. I dont think his comprehension of the defense is keeping him from playing.