Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 393

Thread: The JI Hampur Holiday - & - NY Jive Turkeys vs NE (c0ck) Gobblers Gameday Thread ಠ_ಠ

  1. #121
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    That's a great line about not being happy unless you're miserable. Sums up some of my extended family to a T. Personally, I loathe that kind of mindset. It drives me crazy, like nails on a chalkboard offending my sensibilities. Some people are far too content being a martyr, and it's usually those people who you have to constantly bend over backwards for.
    My FIL couldn't wait to tell me about the Gronk injury and and almost seem to deliver the news with some sense of relief, because he found something to be miserable about. If he doesn't have something to be miserable about I think he actively scans the news to find something.

  2. #122
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Betsy gets to meet my Mom, step-dad and 2 sisters for the first time all together.
    Visiting day at Attica?




























    -

  3. #123
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Visiting day at Attica?




























    -
    Plum Island reunion.

  4. #124
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Or maybe it was just my sledge hammer delivery.
    You need to let me try some of your Balz.


    -

  5. #125
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You need to let me try some of your Balz.


    -
    somebody had to say it. That feels better now.

  6. #126
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    kill, kill,kill.........

  7. #127
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    in-laws up from FL....don't me me started.

    All week I can use the "really busy at work" excuse, walk the dog, go to the gym (I know, but they buy it) ...tons of excuses.

    T-Day is like being held hostage.

    Can't wait to hear more about the blood in your urine "Mom".
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Jews.

    These people are NOT happy unless the are miserable.

    MIL had a bunch of tests that ruled out cancer. So whats her response? "All that means in the cancer is is where they didn't check."


    Here's a real life example of her behavior:

    Waitress: Your entree comes with a vegetable.

    MIL: What are my choices?

    Waitress: Broccoli....

    MIL: I CAN'T EAT BROCCOLI I'M ON COUMADIN!!!!
    Not for nothin', but this is precisely the sort of thing the fermentation process was meant to address, and here you are a teetotaler.

  8. #128
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be at my inlaws in Delaware - I have convinced my wife and inlaws that the game is only on NFL Channel and I have no choice - as much as it pains me - to peel myself away from her entire family (which involves children sleeping in the room with the nice TV) and watch the game at a bar.

    I am fearing the moment when someone is watching the Parade on NBC and they'll see a promo for the game and shout out "Good news....the game is on network TV....you don't have to go out and watch the game now. Now we can all watch together "(as the game starts right around bedtime for 5 kids ranging from 2 to 9)

    Kill me.

  9. #129
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I have convinced my wife and inlaws that the game is only on NFL Channel and I have no choice
    that's a smoov move

  10. #130
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I will be at my inlaws in Delaware - I have convinced my wife and inlaws that the game is only on NFL Channel and I have no choice - as much as it pains me - to peel myself away from her entire family (which involves children sleeping in the room with the nice TV) and watch the game at a bar.

    I am fearing the moment when someone is watching the Parade on NBC and they'll see a promo for the game and shout out "Good news....the game is on network TV....you don't have to go out and watch the game now. Now we can all watch together "(as the game starts right around bedtime for 5 kids ranging from 2 to 9)

    Kill me.
    Might have trouble finding a bar that will be open, no?

  11. #131
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The waitress should have said your entree comes with Broccoli.

    Did your father in law show you his astronaut pen?

    Whatever you do, dont take it.
    Dont
    -
    Lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    You know I recently made a joke that the reason Jets fans are such pessimistic, f*cks is because our fanbase is made up largely of Italians and Jews, and we both seem to revel in our misery. We NEED something to complain about.

    It didn't go over well.

    Or maybe it was just my sledge hammer delivery.
    That's surprising, if you're as charming in real life as you are here....

    Oh.







    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    My FIL couldn't wait to tell me about the Gronk injury and and almost seem to deliver the news with some sense of relief, because he found something to be miserable about. If he doesn't have something to be miserable about I think he actively scans the news to find something.
    It really is unbelievable. That's one of my biggest pet peeves about certain members of my family.

  12. #132
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Not for nothin', but this is precisely the sort of thing the fermentation process was meant to address, and here you are a teetotaler.
    Tell me something I don't know.

  13. #133
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Might have trouble finding a bar that will be open, no?
    I've already done this jig two years ago when the Bengals played the Jets - found a place that will have the game on a decent TV - no small feat in Rehoboth, Delaware. Its a quasi-gay bar, but my devotion to this team knows no end. Its actually somewhat appropo considering this team tackles like a bunch of pansies.

  14. #134
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I've already done this jig two years ago when the Bengals played the Jets - found a place that will have the game on a decent TV - no small feat in Rehoboth, Delaware. Its a quasi-gay bar, but my devotion to this team knows no end. Its actually somewhat appropo considering this team tackles like a bunch of pansies.
    That's a awful lot of work.

    Just come out for god's sake, its 2012.

  15. #135
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    That's a awful lot of work.

    Just come out for god's sake, its 2012.

    the more the merrier, right Honey Tits?

  16. #136
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the more the merrier, right Honey Tits?
    abso****inglootly.

  17. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You need to let me try some of your Balz.


    -
    It takes a special kind of person to put my Balz in their mouth....

  18. #138
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    quasi-gay bar....

    appropo

  19. #139
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets 17
    Pats 14

    No more 30+ point games allowed this season.

    Ride Jets, RIDE.

  20. #140
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Might have trouble finding a bar that will be open, no?
    One would think, but Ive actually seen a bunch of bars around me that are open tommorrow, some serving full Thanksgiving dinner. "Another drumstick with your PBR sir?"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us