Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports Jason LaCanfora: As December nears, which teams' coaches are on the line?

Jets Insider VIP
    I think Rex is the best coach we've ever had
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Rex is a very strong personality and is Tannys buddy. He worked out coples personally and we have Coples. He had been given his 'one' pick per draft which was ludicrous. I think he has had a huge effect on not only who we have taken but what positions we have drafted.
    Completely agree. Going forward, assuming Rex is here, he shouldn't have any input in who we draft. Let the scouting department and GM make the draft picks and let Rex stick to coaching.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Stop. There are circumstances every year where teams benefit. Blown calls, lucky plays etc. Rex was great here the 1st 2 years. Do not take that away from him. But the last year and a half has shown us he is not a nfl head coach.

He is going to get fired after this year, but do not minimize his accomplishments in year 1 and 2.
    There are certain coaches, like Bill Belichick, for example, who have their players ready to win every week.

Rex Ryan is not one of those coaches.

I take nothing away from the '09 Jets, but it needs to be recognized that the Colts would have wiped the floor with us had they not rested the team, Bengals too. Similarly, I take nothing away from the '11 Jets, but they had 4 miracle finishes in games where they failed to show up against scrubs where great teams would never have been in such close ones.

It's indicative of a bigger problem, and looking back we saw the cracks before they became the flood that we face today. The Ryan Jets have always been "7-9 caliber" not "elite". That's my point. Ryan's Jets require luck to be successful; Belichick's Patriots don't.

SAR I

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Please enlighten me on who was better?

Jets Insider VIP
    Weeb Eubank and bill parcells for starters.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Yesterdays win has no bearing on anything. Rex and sanchez still stink regardless of the outcome yesterday.
    Agreed, but mainejet is softening because of yesterday's "dominating" victory.

A victory, we know, that would have been a 30-20 loss if we were playing a team that didn't suck worse than we do.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Bengals too.
    Again stop it. That bengals team was terrible. We beat them in there own place the very next week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tanny and Rex will be gone next year and Sanchez will be stapled to the bench. if not, ill continue my boycott into next year. Well, execpt the game this thursday as ill be stuck inside with the fam.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Again stop it. That bengals team was terrible. We beat them in there own place the very next week.
    They didn't even try.

Again, just saying that Rex Ryan is not Top 10 head coaching material, so we don't need him leading our team. We can go get a great head coach from someone else, done it before, only takes an aggressive owner who's fed-up, cash, and a few draft picks that Mike Tannenbaum is going to blow anyway.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    They didn't even try.

Again, just saying that Rex Ryan is not Top 10 head coaching material, so we don't need him leading our team. We can go get a great head coach from someone else, done it before, only takes an aggressive owner who's fed-up, cash, and a few draft picks that Mike Tannenbaum is going to blow anyway.

SAR I
    Who?

Name this would-be instant savior.

Oh, and irony of you, Mr. Sanchez, saying "if he isn't top 10, we don;t need him leading our team". Sanchez anyone? Not even top 20.

There are certain coaches, like Bill Belichick, for example, who have their players ready to win every week.

I take nothing away from the '09 Jets, but it needs to be recognized that the Colts would have wiped the floor with us had they not rested the team, Bengals too. Similarly, I take nothing away from the '11 Jets, but they had 4 miracle finishes in games where they failed to show up against scrubs where great teams would never have been in such close ones.

It's indicative of a bigger problem, and looking back we saw the cracks before they became the flood that we face today. The Ryan Jets have always been "7-9 caliber" not "elite". That's my point. Ryan's Jets require luck to be successful; Belichick's Patriots don't.

SAR I
    Every team needs luck......so do the Patriots.....we wouldve won if Hill catches that ball...that was lucky for the Pats......if Asante Samuel picks off Eli and Welker catches that pass...guess what? the Pats are SB champs and the Giants are not in both SB's.....your naive if you think great teams will there way to victory without getting a few breaks...its part of the game...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ryan's Jets require luck to be successful; Belichick's Patriots don't.

SAR I
    What part of "Tom Brady" do you not comprehend?

That guy puts the lipstick on The Belly hype machine

Why can't Belly fix their defense???

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I disagree, I would say yes one more year if they have not stubbornly hitched their fates to Sanchez. Rex, if he is actually learning some coaching lessons is still a viable head coach. Tanny's high risk high reward philosophy has been more risk than reward. I wouldn't mind seeing Rex back with some hard nosed veteran GM who could tel Rex to stick to coaching and get his snout out of obtaining the players.
    Well, the jury is not in specifically on that course of action. I've said it already many times. Rex Ryan, I believe will get fired if he continues to stubbornly stick with Mark Sanchez.

In other words, I support Rex Ryan getting another season along with Mike Tannenbaum so long as they are willing to let go of this obsession with a terrible QB. Rex Ryan must bench him to keep his job. If he refuses, I think Woody will fire him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

In other words, I support Rex Ryan getting another season along with Mike Tannenbaum so long as they are willing to let go of this obsession with a terrible QB. Rex Ryan must bench him to keep his job. If he refuses, I think Woody will fire him.
    GM's don't get fired when the best offensive and defensive weapons on the team go down for the season.

Pretty simple stuff...they get another year to fix it. Lets be honest, unless Mark turns it around, it's not getting fixed no matter how much tinkering they do.

Tanny and Rex will be gone next year and Sanchez will be stapled to the bench. if not, ill continue my boycott into next year. Well, execpt the game this thursday as ill be stuck inside with the fam.

With all that Guaranteed money?

There's a better chance that Broadway Joe comes out of retirement and becomes the Jets QB.....

SAR I

So you're comparing Rex Ryan to a guaranteed HOF'er and arguably the greatest Head Coach of all time? Logical.

Yeah, after this season, let's just go to the Head Coach supermarket and buy ourselves a Belichick.

Lunacy. Sheer lunacy.

A lucky break here, a couple of playoff teams taking the weekend off there, Rex Ryan's real record looks like this:

2009 7-9
    2010 7-9
    2011 7-9
    2012 6-10

Pretend we lost yesterday, because we played lousy enough to lose. Doubt you'd think these clowns running the circus deserve another chance.

SAR I
    So you get so bent out of shape when I described you in a manner that you didn't agree with. Yet, you're calling me a lunatic?

Do you make up this nonsense as you go along or what?

Saying that a couple of plays here and there could have made the Jets 7-9 instead of 9-7 is complete stupidity.

Every team fortunes hinge on a play here and a play there. That's how the NFL goes in case you hadn't discovered that.

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, is just another lame attempt at assassinating Rex Ryan. You have nothing better to talk about so you resort to lame attacks about a couple of plays here and there and foot fetishes.

As the media already reported, and I'll repeat it for you, the players like Rex Ryan and wish that he would remain the HC.

The ONLY thing that will prevent Rex Ryan from remaining the HC of the Jets is if he refuses to bench Mark Sanchez. Everyone knows that Sanchez is killing the team.

As for Mike Tannenbaum, I support giving him one more opportunity based on prior success.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    GM's don't get fired when the best offensive and defensive weapons on the team go down for the season.

Pretty simple stuff...they get another year to fix it. Lets be honest, unless Mark turns it around, it's not getting fixed no matter how much tinkering they do.
    Well, lets hope that's the case in regards to Tanny. Once again, I support giving Tanny one more season based on prior success he's had. Everyone seems to forget, he built the team that went to two consecutive AFC Championships.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, lets hope that's the case in regards to Tanny. Once again, I support giving Tanny one more season based on prior success he's had. Everyone seems to forget, he built the team that went to two consecutive AFC Championships.
    We're on the same page...not too sure Woody doesn't see it this way also...seems like common sense to me

Jets Insider VIP
    "Perry Fewell's defense"?

LOL

They played at an even higher level when Spags was there. And how did he work out in St. Louis?

If the Jets were to make a coaching change, I want nothing to do with another rookie HC.

Give me someone like Gruden or Cowher.