Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports Jason LaCanfora: As December nears, which teams' coaches are on the line?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL

You aren't very bright, the Pats can get away with a patchwork OL most of the time against so-so teams because of Brady and his ability to get rid of the ball!
    That OL was battered during the preseason and in the first few games, and YOU personally were on here yakking about how the Pats were in big trouble because of the protection problems you were witnessing. Apparently now it was never an issue, because of Brady.

You're not even logically consistent.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-19-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's my point. Ryan's Jets require luck to be successful; Belichick's Patriots don't.

SAR I
    Mo Lewis obliterates Drew Bledsoe.

Imagine if that never happened and Tom continues to ride the bench.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah_19 View Post
    And your real post count subtracting all of the trolling is this: 0

+1
    Isn't this not supposed to happen?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    That OL was battered during the preseason and in the first few games, and YOU personally were on here yakking about how the Pats were in big trouble because of the protection problems you were witnessing. Apparently now it was never an issue, because of Brady.

You're not even logically consistent.
    It was an issue, is an issue, not as noticable against average teams.

But you keep believing that the OL is good and it has nothing to do with Brady.

You're actually about to find out how valuable Gronk was as blocker, and his presence alone helped to masquerade the patchwork OL. Teams will be changing their game plans without having to account for Gronk's ability in the passing game, as a decoy, a blocker, and a receiver.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Mo Lewis obliterates Drew Bledsoe.

Imagine if that never happened and Tom continues to ride the bench.
    I was at the game.

And Brady almost beat us with a minute left too.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1
    Ray Ray plus one-ing Rah Rah....it doesn't get any better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan's Jets require luck to be successful; Belichick's Patriots don't.

SAR I
    Belichick has had a Golden Horseshoe jammed up his ass since he took over the Pats, they are tops among the luckiest, ball always bounces their way franchises, second only to the damn Giants. So you got that one wrong...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be stunned if Rex got fired even if we went 4-12. That being said, I'll be shocked if Tanny survives if the team does not make the playoffs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lunacy. Sheer lunacy.

A lucky break here, a couple of playoff teams taking the weekend off there, Rex Ryan's real record looks like this:

2009 7-9
    2010 7-9
    2011 7-9
    2012 6-10

Pretend we lost yesterday, because we played lousy enough to lose. Doubt you'd think these clowns running the circus deserve another chance.

SAR I
    didn't read the whole thread, but if this is how you truly feel, what does that say about your boy sanchez? he was sub .500 with the vastly more talented '09 and '10 teams. He's been in the league 4 years and still can't put a team on his back. If we had luck in 09 and 10, we probably win 12 games each season and have a super bowl victory.

hell, based on what i'm seeing tonight, i'll take colin kapernick

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how Cowher is the "hot" coaching candidate. If the Steelers didn't have patience with head coaches, Cowher would have been seen as a failure who could never get the Steelers over the hump.

One of the reasons I think the Steelers are so good is that they stick with head coaches. There is consistency. Of course, if you have a terrible coach you have to cut the cord but I don't think Rex is that.

He's a first time head coach who has his weaknesses but brought the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games, really defying odds both times. Winning in IND vs. Peyton, winning in NE in the playoffs which we could never do.

I have a problems with the way the team's attitude at times and I do think that reflects on Rex but it's not even close to say I want him on the hot seat.

This team lost its best player on offense AND defense. You're really going to fire a coach dealing with that? As if that's not enough the 2 AFC Championship games should have bought Rex a pass.

I still think Rex can lead us to a Super Bowl. This isn't a Pat Shurmur who inspires absolutely no confidence.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was an issue, is an issue, not as noticable against average teams.

But you keep believing that the OL is good and it has nothing to do with Brady.

You're actually about to find out how valuable Gronk was as blocker, and his presence alone helped to masquerade the patchwork OL. Teams will be changing their game plans without having to account for Gronk's ability in the passing game, as a decoy, a blocker, and a receiver.
    YOU said it was awful and would be one of the reasons for the Pats' downfall this season. And it hasn't been. But a lot of it has to do with Brady, right? But he's still playing, right? So it shouldn't a problem. But all of a sudden now it's a potential problem. So I guess Gronk being out is going to kill the Pats? Just trying to follow your logic?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lunacy. Sheer lunacy.

A lucky break here, a couple of playoff teams taking the weekend off there, Rex Ryan's real record looks like this:

2009 7-9
    2010 7-9
    2011 7-9
    2012 6-10

Pretend we lost yesterday, because we played lousy enough to lose. Doubt you'd think these clowns running the circus deserve another chance.

SAR I
    And if Matt Leinart could actually throw, then he would have been the right pick over D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Oh by the way according to pro football focus D'brick is 4th in pass blocking efficiency.

Leinart on the other hand?

SAR I: "See what had a happened was..."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets get this thread back on track.

Not a fan of Fewell but I can understand his consideration. We are not getting rid of Rex unless Tanny is let go. If Tanny is let go, then based on potential GMs, Ross and Abrams from the Giants would make decisions on the new HC. Based on their experience, those candidates could be Spags, Fewell, and Gilbride (former Giants assistants) or they could go the route of experienced HCs in the mold of their current HC, Coughlin. The couple of names that come to mind are Todd Haley or Mike Nolan.

All this is moot if teams left on our schedule play as bad as the Rams did yesterday. With AZ, Jax, SD, and Buf all terrible, we could wind up with another 8 win season. Meaning that Tanny and Rex stay, our 2013 1st round pick will be an OLB, and the offense will continue to be bottom 5 in the league. And our impending crash and burn will beostponed for another season.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your head coach needs to be Top 10 material or you have no hope of a Super Bowl.

SAR I
    Nrian Billick and Barry Switzer say hello.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Experienced headcoaches dont always succeed either. Look at Washington for instance. Look at Holmgren in Cleveland, how's that GM position working out for him? Both Parcells and Belichick were rookie headcoaches once too. Hiring an experienced guy doesn't always equal success.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say this, Rex Ryan has done one hell of a lot better in his first headcoaching job than Bill Belichick ever did in his. Did far better than Pete Carroll ever did with the Jets too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    I'd be stunned if Rex got fired even if we went 4-12. That being said, I'll be shocked if Tanny survives if the team does not make the playoffs.
    Rex Ryan is a great postseason head coach.

Problem is, there is no postseason for a head coach who can only average a 7-9 caliber record with a 7-9 caliber roster.

That upper deck having no PSL's is our lord and savior. Those 27,000 seats weigh around Woody Johnson's neck like a noose, and based on the fan reaction I've witnessed in my section, I've read in the newspapers, I've seen on TV, and I've heard on the radio, our tolerance for the Ryan Tannenbaum Circus is over.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    didn't read the whole thread, but if this is how you truly feel, what does that say about your boy sanchez? he was sub .500 with the vastly more talented '09 and '10 teams. He's been in the league 4 years and still can't put a team on his back. If we had luck in 09 and 10, we probably win 12 games each season and have a super bowl victory.

hell, based on what i'm seeing tonight, i'll take colin kapernick
    Rex Ryan is 50 years old, he's been in the NFL 35 years, he holds the keys to the players and the playbook.

Mark Sanchez is 26 years old, he's been in the NFL 3 years, he runs for his life because of an offensive line that can't protect him, a set of receivers that can't get open, a running game that can't compliment him, a offensive coordinator that is clueless, and a head coach with the wrong priorities.

Rex Ryan has had 35 years to get it right, hasn't done it.

Mark Sanchez has had 3 years to give it a shot, has done all right so far.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post

One of the reasons I think the Steelers are so good is that they stick with head coaches. There is consistency. Of course, if you have a terrible coach you have to cut the cord but I don't think Rex is that.
    Sticking with the same head coach for 10+ years is a wonderful thing so long as you hitch your wagon to the right horse.

If I can sum up the things I like about Rex Ryan, they look like this:

Terrific defensive coordinator.
    Good postseason coach.

If I can sum up the things I dislike about Rex Ryan, they look like this:

A defensive coordinator, not a head coach.
    Can't get into the postseason consistently.
    Running a defense-first strategy that can't win in today's NFL.
    Major flaws in reading the character of his roster.
    Major flaws in understanding the mood of his locker room.
    Major flaws in separating his personal life from his work life.
    Can't nurture young talent.
    Can't maximize older talent.
    Can't generate a traditional pass rush.
    Teams that play him 2x a season figure him out the second time.
    Dumb timeouts.
    Lousy clock management.
    Terrible team discipline.
    Never learns from his mistakes, never changes.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Belichick has had a Golden Horseshoe jammed up his ass since he took over the Pats, they are tops among the luckiest, ball always bounces their way franchises, second only to the damn Giants. So you got that one wrong...
    This.

Success in the NFL is mostly due to luck.