Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Upside - Dez Bryant or Stephen Hill

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

More Upside - Dez Bryant or Stephen Hill

are they alike? watching stephen hill, kind of reminds me of Dez out there o the field.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    kind of reminds me of Dez out there o the field.
    He does, minus the catches

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    are they alike? watching stephen hill, kind of reminds me of Dez out there o the field.
    LOL....what specifically reminds you of Dez???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... He's more like a young Calvin Johnson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....what specifically reminds you of Dez???
    They are both mammals.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They aren't similar in terms of their physical traits...

Dez is more explosive in the short area but he's also crazy... Dez' craziness will do him in even though he has hall of fame talent. He'll make a fantastic play, but cost his team the game with several other plays.

I would always take a guy like Hill because people like Hill find ways to get better... Character and want-to are two of the most important aspects to a player. Obviously Dez is better right now, but I'd take Hill in the upside department.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Are you kidding me?

Hill hasn't even so much as flashed outside of week 1 against Buffalo.

Meanwhile, Bryant is already one of the most talented, explosive receivers in the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill is better simply for not being nuts.

Bryant's an idiot. He may have better hands, but he's hardly the superstar he thinks he is. Austin and Witten are both far better than he is.

If Bryant ever had his head pulled out of his ass, he could be one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL with the physical tools he has.

But he has Owens Syndrome.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Are you kidding me?

Meanwhile, Bryant is already one of the most talented, explosive receivers in the game.
    The follow up thread is most likely:

More upside Aaron Rodgers or Mark Sanchez???

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah... kinda like me and Wayne Chrebet, except with my height advantage I had a much higher ceiling.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    dez bryant is a beast. hes a fierce competitor who wants the ball and isnt afraid to go up and get it.

so far i havent seen any of that in hill.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dez is coming off a 12 catch 150 yard 1 td performance. Hill cant catch. Probably not the best week to ask this question.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a better title for this thread should be :

More Upside - A Lamp-Post or Stephen Hill

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dez drops balls like crazy, btw. Dude is also a giant ass headcase.

If Thrill can just work on his damn hands, he'd be a nice addition to the offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think a better title for this thread should be :

More Upside - A Lamp-Post or Stephen Hill
    more upside- a leftover turd floating in the toilet or Stephen Hill?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    more upside- a leftover turd floating in the toilet or Stephen Hill?
    at least the turd can maybe catch a fly or pube.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    They aren't similar in terms of their physical traits...

Dez is more explosive in the short area but he's also crazy... Dez' craziness will do him in even though he has hall of fame talent. He'll make a fantastic play, but cost his team the game with several other plays.

I would always take a guy like Hill because people like Hill find ways to get better... Character and want-to are two of the most important aspects to a player. Obviously Dez is better right now, but I'd take Hill in the upside department.
    +1

As far as player comps, Dez isn't all that similar to Hill. Dez's best quality is his ball skills. He can go up and get it with the best of them. Remember his first TD against Cro in Week 1 last year? Cro played about as good of defense as you can, but Dez and his strong paws came down with the fade in the end zone. In that department, he'd be more like Larry Fitzgerald (albeit not as good obviously). Hill will probably end up being anywhere from a Robert Meachem type (floor) to a Demaryius Thomas type (ceiling). One thing we haven't seen yet from Hill is a jump ball opportunity. At this stage of his career, I don't know if he has that in his arsenal since he doesn't do a good enough job catching the ball away from his body and using his wide catching radius.

I know the drops are frustrating, but anyone who expected more than 40 catches out of the guy is off their rocker. I predicted ~35 catches and about 4 TDs. Considering he has missed a game and came up gimpy in another, he is almost on pace for that. He's a good kid that always comes off as committed to the game, so I expect him to work his azz off all offseason to improve. Contrary to popular belief, you can improve your hands as a receiver just like a RB can improve his ball security...all it comes down to is concentration and a strong work ethic.

The best part about Hill...he's only 21 years old!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    +1

As far as player comps, Dez isn't all that similar to Hill. Dez's best quality is his ball skills. He can go up and get it with the best of them. In that department, he'd be more like Larry Fitzgerald (albeit not as good obviously). Hill will probably end up being anywhere from a Robert Meachem type to a Demaryius Thomas type. One thing we haven't seen yet from Hill is a jump ball opportunity. At this stage of his career, I don't know if he has that in his arsenal since he doesn't do a good enough job catching the ball away from his body and using his wide catching radius.

I know the drops are frustrating, but anyone who expected more than 40 catches out of the guy is off their rocker. I predicted ~35 catches and about 4 TDs. Considering he has missed a game and came up gimpy in another, he is almost on pace for that. He's a good kid that always comes off as committed to the game, so I expect him to work his azz off all offseason to improve. Contrary to popular belief, you can improve your hands as a receiver just like a RB can improve his ball security...all it comes down to is concentration and a strong work ethic.

The best part about Hill...he's only 21 years old!
    we spent alot to get him with pick #47 was he worth all that? or did tanny reach again for all the wrong player?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    at least the turd can maybe catch a fly or pube.
    WAIT! You mean to tell me that you took a dump and your turd caught a fly?

SIGN THIS BEAST!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Are you kidding me?

Well, in fairness....Bryant is a bit inconsistent - he doesn't always show up. Hill, OTOH, is pretty consistent.....he'll drop pretty much anything.