Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Big Ten

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Great, two dump teams added to a conference of tradition. Makes $ense to me.
    This is great. Now comes the hate. We have arrived.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Great news. Had season tix Ray Lucas's senior year. It's great to see RU football take this giant leap forward.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    There's more talent in NJ than Michigan or PA. If Rutgers can keep a high % of those players they'll do just fine.
    Don't disagree, but I've been hearing RU talk of keeping the local talent at home at least since the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Don't disagree, but I've been hearing RU talk of keeping the local talent at home at least since the mid-90s.

Guess what. I heard that nonsense when Frank Burns was the coach in the 70s.
    Rutgers will never be able to keep primo talent in any sport. No tradition of success anywhere. Academics are also inferior for any athletes that care.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Recruits. Yutes. Thanks to the OP for the welcome.
    High % is what I was referring to...

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Guess what. I heard that nonsense when Frank Burns was the coach in the 70s.
    Rutgers will never be able to keep primo talent in any sport. No tradition of success anywhere. Academics are also inferior for any athletes that care.
    Very true. No kid from NJ is going to choose RU over Notre Dame, Michigan or Ohio State. Sad but true.

All League
    There's more talent in NJ than Michigan or PA. If Rutgers can keep a high % of those players they'll do just fine.
    That is completely false. Ohio and Michigan both produce about 1 D1 recruit per 300 HS playersi in the state, NJ is about 1 for every 500. Ohio produced 3 times the # of D1 recruits that NJ did last year(159 to 50) and PA produced 89.

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Very true. No kid from NJ is going to choose RU over Notre Dame, Michigan or Ohio State. Sad but true.
    Darius Hamilton did

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Darius Hamilton did

He was recruited by ND, OSU or Ohio State? Miami is ready for a multiple year probation - nobody is going there BTW.
    Not at his size did the majors go after this guy.

He was recruited by ND, OSU or Ohio State? Miami is ready for a multiple year probation - nobody is going there BTW.
    Not at his size did the majors go after this guy.
    Following schools made offers according to Rivals. Who has him as the #1 ranked player in NJ, 11th in the country, 2nd in the country at his position (DE)

Rutgers COMMITTED (01/31/2012)
    Boston Coll.
    California
    Cincinnati
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Florida
    Georgia
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Miami (FL)
    Michigan
    Michigan St.
    North Carolina
    Ohio St.
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Penn St.

Pittsburgh
    South Carolina
    Syracuse
    Tennessee
    UCF
    USC
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Wisconsin
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-24-2012 at 11:18 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    That is completely false. Ohio and Michigan both produce about 1 D1 recruit per 300 HS playersi in the state, NJ is about 1 for every 500. Ohio produced 3 times the # of D1 recruits that NJ did last year(159 to 50) and PA produced 89.
    There are more NFL players currently from NJ than either of those states.

I've followed Rutgers somewhat closely over the last few years. You can say I've become somewhat of a new fan. One thing I've noticed is that this team never seals the deal. Choking away their first BIG EAST championship again.

All League
    There are more NFL players currently from NJ than either of those states.
    That's also false. 81 from Ohio, 58 from Pennsylvania and 52 from New Jersey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Dumb move. If Rutgers makes it to the orange bowl and plays FSU they will lose by 30+. They will see similar results in the first couple years in the Big Ten.
    Rutgers fans will represent. Note the attendance if you go.

Theres going to be a lot of FSU fans in Miami.

Following schools made offers according to Rivals. Who has him as the #1 ranked player in NJ, 11th in the country, 2nd in the country at his position (DE)

Rutgers COMMITTED (01/31/2012)
    Boston Coll.
    California
    Cincinnati
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Florida
    Georgia
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Miami (FL)
    Michigan
    Michigan St.
    North Carolina
    Ohio St.
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Penn St.

Pittsburgh
    South Carolina
    Syracuse
    Tennessee
    UCF
    USC
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Wisconsin

I did a little research on him since I am more familiar with players recruited to play in real conferences. His first year at Rutgers is what you would expect of a small overhyped player. Subpar. Not exactly a Jadeveon Clowney is he. JAG. Maybe he knew he was to small to play with the real guys.

I did a little research on him since I am more familiar with players recruited to play in real conferences. His first year at Rutgers is what you would expect of a small overhyped player. Subpar. Not exactly a Jadeveon Clowney is he. JAG. Maybe he knew he was to small to play with the real guys.
    What you think of him or the conference is irrelevant. He was recruited by the some of the best football schools in the nation, those are facts, and he chose to stay home in NJ.

Darius Hamilton did
    Do you think RU would have a chance against FSU who has a team filled with 5 star and 4 star recruits? The actual rankings dont matter and they are normally wrong. EJ Manual the QB for FSU was a 5 star recruit and was suppose to be a great QB here but he stinks. I just dont think RU has the talent or athletes to be able to play against FSU. (If we even make the Orange Bowl, thoroughly disappointed in there effort against UF yesterday)

Schluberator & Gadfly
    This is what I'm interested in. Talking heads say that Rutgers is not followed beyond a 50 mile radius from the campus.

I can only speak for my area, and it's "Rutgers who?" Maybe given the chance and exposure their fans will travel well like Va. Tech's?

Don't know, guess we'll find out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    This is what I'm interested in. Talking heads say that Rutgers is not followed beyond a 50 mile radius from the campus.

I can only speak for my area, and it's "Rutgers who?" Maybe given the chance and exposure their fans will travel well like Va. Tech's?

Don't know, guess we'll find out.
    There are alumni clubs in every major city. In Seattle I wacthed their game with a few local Scarlet fans. We absolutely do travel well, but a BCS Bowl has never been done. Naturally you'll see lots of FSU in Miami but the red will be there also.