Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Big Ten

All League

Welcome to the Big Ten

I know there are a lot of Rutgers fans on the board. Welcome to the Big Ten. Exited? Disappointed? I personally like both Maryland and Rutgers, but am less than thrilled the path college football is heading down.

Also, RU fans, lot of early scuttle pairing my Hawkeyes and Rutgers as cross division "protected game". Essentially the 1 team from the opposite division you play every year. I would love it from a recruiting stand point, Iowa used to recruit NJ heavily, not so much anymore. If it turns out that way, it pretty much is only due to process of elimination.

Anyways, see you in 2 falls!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I know there are a lot of Rutgers fans on the board. Welcome to the Big Ten. Exited? Disappointed? I personally like both Maryland and Rutgers, but am less than thrilled the path college football is heading down.

Also, RU fans, lot of early scuttle pairing my Hawkeyes and Rutgers as cross division "protected game". Essentially the 1 team from the opposite division you play every year. I would love it from a recruiting stand point, Iowa used to recruit NJ heavily, not so much anymore. If it turns out that way, it pretty much is only due to process of elimination.

Anyways, see you in 2 falls!
    I have some mixed thoughts. I'm primarily a Rutgers fan but I've also always liked Michigan since I was a kid (cool helmets) I don't really like the constant shuffling of the conferences either. From a Rutgers standpoint they're going from bigger fish (at least in football) to being a much smaller fish.

Sucks that we're picking up two ****ty schools on the east coast, IMO...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Sucks that we're picking up two ****ty schools on the east coast, IMO...
    Because the Big 10 has been so awesome this year right? Rutgers has only had a serious program for like the past 10 years, they are on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Because the Big 10 has been so awesome this year right? Rutgers has only had a serious program for like the past 10 years, they are on the right track.
    No man... We are ****ing awful this year... No defending it...

But we are a program that needs more competitive schools like Nebraska, not more Purdue/Northwestern/Minnesota types...

Jets Insider VIP
    No man... We are ****ing awful this year... No defending it...

But we are a program that needs more competitive schools like Nebraska, not more Purdue/Northwestern/Minnesota types...
    I guess you got a point when you put it like that. As a kinda rutgers fan I am pleased with the move. Playing the michigans and osu's could be a compelling recruiting draw for the areas recruits.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

NJ is rich in HS talent. It just got easier to keep those kids. We'll take some beatings at first but the program will continue to grow.

Dumb move. If Rutgers makes it to the orange bowl and plays FSU they will lose by 30+. They will see similar results in the first couple years in the Big Ten.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

FSU got beat by NC st who's looking to bail the sinking ACC

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Was an awful loss for us. Meanwhile Rutgers got killed by Kent State during homecoming. I dont think RU will make the orange bowl nor do they deserve to but do you really think they would have a shot against FSU?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Was an awful loss for us. Meanwhile Rutgers got killed by Kent State during homecoming. I dont think RU will make the orange bowl nor do they deserve to but do you really think they would have a shot against FSU?
    The MAC is surprising this year. I don't think NCS is very good, and you probably haven't seen a defense as good as ours. If Nova dosen't make mistakes we can hang with a lot of teams. Heck even ND has warts. Maybe I'll see you at Sun Life. If we beat Louisville then its definitely deserved. BTW I saw FSU beat ND in the '96 edition. You guys still have the Gators, right? Then who?

The MAC is surprising this year. I don't think NCS is very good, and you probably haven't seen a defense as good as ours. If Nova dosen't make mistakes we can hang with a lot of teams. Heck even ND has warts. Maybe I'll see you at Sun Life. If we beat Louisville then its definitely deserved. BTW I saw FSU beat ND in the '96 edition. You guys still have the Gators, right? Then who?
    If you beat Louisville you defiantly deserve to play. I grew up 5 minutes from New Brunswick and used to walk to RU games when they were awful, so im partial to the team. FSU plays UF at home this weekend (will be the best defense they face all year, were favored by 7). Then we got Ga Tech in the ACC championship.

Maryland is (was) one of the weakest teams in the ACC. Generally a bush league athletic program that dropped 7 sports this year.
    The have an eh stadium, lousy facilities and a well below ACC standards academic profile.
    Rutgers? They do what exactly? Compete in the Big 10? In what sports?
    Also a bush league stadium. The reason why NJ athletes go elsewhere is Rutgers is a so so school with a bunch of poor programs.
    The Big East is in a state of collapse with Pitt and Syracuse joining the ACC. WV left. UConn is next - ACC bound for the basketball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The stadium with undergo another addition and some games will be played in Metlife. I don't expect to challenge OSU but the rest isn't so imposing. We have a very good recruiting class coming in. That part just got easier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The stadium with undergo another addition and some games will be played in Metlife. I don't expect to challenge OSU but the rest isn't so imposing. We have a very good recruiting class coming in. That part just got easier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    If RU can keep the talent in Jersey they will be a good program in the big ten.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    If RU can keep the talent in Jersey they will be a good program in the big ten.
    There's more talent in NJ than Michigan or PA. If Rutgers can keep a high % of those players they'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    There's more talent in NJ than Michigan or PA. If Rutgers can keep a high % of those players they'll do just fine.
    What?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What?
    Recruits. Yutes. Thanks to the OP for the welcome.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 11-22-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Veteran
    Great, two dump teams added to a conference of tradition. Makes $ense to me.