Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Big Ten

Schluberator & Gadfly
    This is really getting crazy now. Louisville has been offered a spot in the ACC.

East Carolina and Tulane have left Conference USA for the Big Least.

That kinda sucks since my alma mater, Old Dominion was hoping to have a good rivalry with ECU in Conference USA.

This merry-go-round is so cra-cra that I wouldn't be surprised if Old Dominion never took a snap in Conference USA and wound up somewhere else! lol

Good luck to the RU fans tonight. I am hoping for an FSU RU Orange Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

See you there

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Bummed I couldn't make it tonight. Go RU!

Dropped passes are going to cost RU the Big East Championship

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Dropped passes are going to cost RU the Big East Championship
    What a terrible, terrible ending. Typical Rutgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    For the short period I've been watching them, 5-6 years. Very typical Rutgers, can never win the big game.

SOR. Same Old Rutgers
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-29-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well that sucked. Unbelievable to see this team choke seemingly every single year. That being said, the illegal man downfield on the fake fg td was one of the worst calls I've seen in a while.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Tim Wright is going to be haunted for the rest of his life! His two drops cost Rutgers a BCS shot.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Well that sucked. Unbelievable to see this team choke seemingly every single year. That being said, the illegal man downfield on the fake fg td was one of the worst calls I've seen in a while.
    That was brutal. Couldn't believe that one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    That was brutal. Couldn't believe that one.
    It just had no impact on the play...absolutely zero.

And he wasnt even that far down the field.

When do you ever even see that call, let alone on a TD.

Still mad about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Photo evidence on scarletnation that he wasn't downfield. Oh well

Wow lot of Rutgers hate from fans of a conference that is having an atrocious year, has several programs on probation (and one PSU that has disgraced itself), and has been the SEC's whipping boy for a while.

Rutgers has been an up and coming football program for a while and is better academically than probably all but Northwestern and Michigan. Ohio State doesn't even require you to read above a 3rd grade level to be admitted.

Our recruiting class last year also would have ranked 4th among Big 10 schools. It will only get better with the Big 10 name attached. Forget the choke last night, yeah it was bad, but it was also to a good team with a top 5 QB in the country. Rutgers football will make its mark in the Big 10. Honestly, I'd be far more concerned about the ability to compete if we moved to the Big 12 or SEC. Big 10 hasn't scared anybody nationally in forever.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Wow lot of Rutgers hate from fans of a conference that is having an atrocious year, has several programs on probation (and one PSU that has disgraced itself), and has been the SEC's whipping boy for a while.

Rutgers has been an up and coming football program for a while and is better academically than probably all but Northwestern and Michigan. Ohio State doesn't even require you to read above a 3rd grade level to be admitted.

Our recruiting class last year also would have ranked 4th among Big 10 schools. It will only get better with the Big 10 name attached. Forget the choke last night, yeah it was bad, but it was also to a good team with a top 5 QB in the country. Rutgers football will make its mark in the Big 10. Honestly, I'd be far more concerned about the ability to compete if we moved to the Big 12 or SEC. Big 10 hasn't scared anybody nationally in forever.
    I'm not sure whether to take this post seriously or not. I have nothing against Rutgers, but you are giving them a bit too much credit both academically and in football. Rutgers was an up and coming program in 2006, you can't be up and coming program for 6 years. Rutgers is a 6-9 win Big East program, that can occassionally have better or worse seasons. Will the stay in that range in the Big 10? Who knows, I have my doubts they will be winning 8 and 9 games on a regular basis though.

As far as academically, Rutgers ranks right in with a handful of Big Ten Schools, and below another handful, certainly not just NW and Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I'm not sure whether to take this post seriously or not. I have nothing against Rutgers, but you are giving them a bit too much credit both academically and in football. Rutgers was an up and coming program in 2006, you can't be up and coming program for 6 years. Rutgers is a 6-9 win Big East program, that can occassionally have better or worse seasons. Will the stay in that range in the Big 10? Who knows, I have my doubts they will be winning 8 and 9 games on a regular basis though.

As far as academically, Rutgers ranks right in with a handful of Big Ten Schools, and below another handful, certainly not just NW and Michigan.
    He's a Rutgers homer.

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess it's something positive that in Rutgers we have found a team that slickbri does NOT despise as he does the Jets

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You guys bashing the MAC are nuts. Maybe I'm just a football junky but finding this game very entertaining. 2 deserved top 25 teams.

Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 11-30-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post

Rutgers has a great reputation academically. Which other Big 10 schools besides NW and Michigan do you put in that handful? Just curious, maybe I've underestimated someone?

The Big 10 name can take Rutgers from top 25-30 recruiting classes (which we have) to top 20. No factual data to back this, but I think kids from Jersey would want to stay; they were sometimes hesitant to play in the Big East even given the pedigree and NFL success of recent Rutgers players. Big 10 opens new doors

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rutgers has a great reputation academically. Which other Big 10 schools besides NW and Michigan do you put in that handful? Just curious, maybe I've underestimated someone?
    Rutgers barely edges out MSU and Iowa... They have Indiana and Nebraska far behind... They're on par with Minnesota...

Every other school grades out better...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Rutgers barely edges out MSU and Iowa... They have Indiana and Nebraska far behind... They're on par with Minnesota...

Every other school grades out better...
    On par for what? Our location puts us way ahead. The top companies are in NYC. Rutgers makes their mark. If you wanted, for example, to work for a good investment banking firm or law firm, would you go to Minnesota or Rutgers?