Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Welcome to the Big Ten

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    On par for what? Our location puts us way ahead. The top companies are in NYC. Rutgers makes their mark. If you wanted, for example, to work for a good investment banking firm or law firm, would you go to Minnesota or Rutgers?
    Well, possibly...

Minnesota is a better overall school to attend for business based on US News who ranks based on GMAT scores, employment and salary statistics. As are Michigan State, Northwestern, Michigan, Indiana (Kelley School of Business) Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State, Iowa (Tippie College of Business) and Purdue...

Finance, as you allude to above you have to pay for to obtain the rankings... In the top 10 were Michigan and Northwestern but with Rutgers low rank in business in general, I imagine there'd be a few others in front of them...

But hey, you can keep throwing **** at a wall and hoping it stick in regards to Rutgers academic prestige...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    On par for what? Our location puts us way ahead. The top companies are in NYC. Rutgers makes their mark. If you wanted, for example, to work for a good investment banking firm or law firm, would you go to Minnesota or Rutgers?
    What if I want to be a Lawyer? Or a Doctor? Or an Engineer? Rutgers would be down the list for any of those professions in Big Ten Rankings.

No one is saying Rutgers isn't a good school, but to act like Rutgers is far and away superior academically to all but 2 Big Ten schools is ridiculous.

It's fans like you that make opposing fans hate your fan base for no good reason. I'm well aware Iowa, and Iowa City, Iowa are not the epicenter of the universe. I'm pretty sure alwaysgreen knows that East Lansing, Michigan isn't either.

To think that Rutgers is going to come in and smack people around in the Big Ten is wishful thinking. Do you consider your program on par with Nebraska's? If you do you'd be the only one. Stroll over to a Nebraska message board sometime and see if it's the Waltz in the park they thought it would be. On top of that, the past 2 years, Nebraska has had some of their better teams they have had in the past decade, and they couldn't make a BCS bowl either year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rutgers has a great reputation academically. Which other Big 10 schools besides NW and Michigan do you put in that handful? Just curious, maybe I've underestimated someone?

The Big 10 name can take Rutgers from top 25-30 recruiting classes (which we have) to top 20. No factual data to back this, but I think kids from Jersey would want to stay; they were sometimes hesitant to play in the Big East even given the pedigree and NFL success of recent Rutgers players. Big 10 opens new doors
    You make some pretty outlandish statements.

Yes, the Big 10 was down dramatically this year, but even given that, SEVEN Big 10 teams finished in front of the first Big East team in the Sagarin Rankings.

You tout recruiting rankings, but recruiting ranks are subjective to the quantity of recruits most often, rather than the quality of recruits. Look at the verbals of the 4 schools you mentioned:

-Michigan has 1 5 star and 13 4 star recruits
    -Ohio State has 11 4 star recruits
    -Penn State has 4 4 Star recruits

Rutgers has 1 4 Star recruit.

It is not always quantity, but quality.

Rutgers had the 84th toughest schedule this year. That will change with the move to the Big 10. There will not be many "off" weeks and they will need to bring it all the time.

Will Rutgers get "steamrolled" all the time? Of course not. But to suggest that they will immediately step right into the class of the big boys is downright delusional.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is always the Gophers, just about everyone with a pulse beats them.